RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Next game v Leigh
Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:31 pm  

User avatarFIOS wrote:
FIOS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 3429
Think a few changes are to be made after that performance, we looked much better with French at fullback (Zak has made himself to look like a right tit saying he is the best fullback in the league and following it up with 2 terrible performances) and Smith gets a start every week for me even if Leuluai is fit. He needs to be our main goal kicker.

French
Manfredi
Hardaker
Isa
Bibby
Smith
Hastings
Singleton
Powell
Harvard
Farrell
Bateman
Partington

Smithies
Shorrocks
Bullock
Leuluai/Byrne
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:34 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: God's little acre
FIOS wrote:
Think a few changes are to be made after that performance, we looked much better with French at fullback (Zak has made himself to look like a right tit saying he is the best fullback in the league and following it up with 2 terrible performances) and Smith gets a start every week for me even if Leuluai is fit. He needs to be our main goal kicker.

French
Manfredi
Hardaker
Isa
Bibby
Smith
Hastings
Singleton
Powell
Harvard
Farrell
Bateman
Partington

Smithies
Shorrocks
Bullock
Leuluai/Byrne


I’ve not had a chance to kick the cat yet before I can even start to think about the next game
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:38 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 7089
I agree re Smith but he is showing some naivety in his last tackle options. That isn’t a reason to leave him out mind and it’ll improve over time
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 26003
Location: WIGAN
100% Warrior wrote:
I agree re Smith but he is showing some naivety in his last tackle options. That isn’t a reason to leave him out mind and it’ll improve over time


They were diabolical today close to the Hull line but the only way he improves I’d by playing.

As for the Leigh game, I don’t have an issue with the personnel on the field today. They’ve had a shocking day at the office but I’m pretty happy they’re our best players (and that’s a worry in some areas). If nobody else is back then same again bar Manfredi starting (who looked sharp which was pleasing), Isa at 12 and Bateman 13, with Partington dropping to the bench.
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4242
Location: Atherton
Byrne would be no where near my team, pathetic defence and couldnt catch a cold
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 26003
Location: WIGAN
Pieman wrote:
Byrne would be no where near my team, pathetic defence and couldnt catch a cold


He’s had a bad day in what’s been a good season so far.
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:48 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4242
Location: Atherton
NickyKiss wrote:
He’s had a bad day in what’s been a good season so far.


hes not had a good season at all saying that we havent yet, struggled through games and today was just pathetic
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:55 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 26003
Location: WIGAN
Pieman wrote:
hes not had a good season at all saying that we havent yet, struggled through games and today was just pathetic


Byrne has without any doubt in my mind had a good season so far. There’s no denying he was woeful today but he wasn’t on his own and he’s the least of our worries. Young Havard is worrying me more. It’s probably a case of second season syndrome but he’s being dominated quite comfortably at the minute. I expected him to kick on this season and even push for a World Cup spot but he’s struggling. He needs to find an aggressive streak from somewhere. That’s not going round punching people or kicking off but aggression to hit the line hard, aggression to keep pumping his legs in contact and aggression in defence. He’s a special talent for me but it all just looks a bit lethargic at the minute. It’s probably a sad indictment of where we find ourselves in the front row that we need to ask for so much more from a 20 year old kid.
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 18286
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
1.French
2. Manfredi
3. Hardaker
4. Isa
5. Bibby
6. Hastings
7. Tommy

The powder puff pack picks itself.

Zak has been great at fullback individually great apart from the last 2 weeks but as a team we are significantly better with French at 1.

The aim of Wigan is to win trophies not be a conduit for Hardaker to get an international shirt at the expense of the teams success.

Smith can kick a goal, but off the back of today if Tommy is fit he plays every week.

Smiths last tackle plays have been shocking this season and by far the worst I’ve seen in some time today.

The lad clearly has talent but it’s a bit soon for him to take the step up at being out 7 at the moment.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Next game v Leigh Sat May 08, 2021 4:02 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4242
Location: Atherton
NickyKiss wrote:
Byrne has without any doubt in my mind had a good season so far. There’s no denying he was woeful today but he wasn’t on his own and he’s the least of our worries. Young Havard is worrying me more. It’s probably a case of second season syndrome but he’s being dominated quite comfortably at the minute. I expected him to kick on this season and even push for a World Cup spot but he’s struggling. He needs to find an aggressive streak from somewhere. That’s not going round punching people or kicking off but aggression to hit the line hard, aggression to keep pumping his legs in contact and aggression in defence. He’s a special talent for me but it all just looks a bit lethargic at the minute. It’s probably a sad indictment of where we find ourselves in the front row that we need to ask for so much more from a 20 year old kid.


so is all our pack, thats the main issue, Byrne is also a year older which is massive for a prop
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: WiganPom, WWste and 208 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 18th Sep
NRL
LIVE
Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH
LIVE
Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1
LIVE
Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SLRND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 26 Parramatta28-20Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Batley24-31Dewsbury
CH RND: 21 LondonB28-48Featherstone
CH RND: 21 Oldham24-38Newcastle
CH RND: 21 Whitehaven19-6Halifax
CH RND: 21 Widnes10-9Bradford
CH RND: 21 Sheffield28-34Swinton
L1 RND: 21 Workington14-32Hunslet
L1 RND: 21 Doncaster26-28Keighley
L1 RND: 21 Rochdale50-22Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Huddersfield 23 418 492 -74 16 84.96 34.78
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 21 332 828 -496 4 40.10 9.52
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Doncaster 17 472 390 82 22 121.03 64.71
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 18 562 435 127 20 129.20 55.56
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::