RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:40 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
You raise some decent points, but not sure what age has to do with anything, he is a lot younger than both Bellamy, Hasler and Bennett, who are all coaching at some of the best NRL teams, Ricky Stuart is the same age too.

I think looked sharper, because they have a better side, even at full strength, they are better than us, take away 5 starters, 2 in game injuries and self inflicted red and yellow cards, then you can see why they won easy, not sure it has anything to do with pre season training. It's down to two things, better players and mentality.

Agree with your other points though.

Get your point about Hasler etc but I just think he’s a bit long in the tooth, old ideas and methods. Same with Stanley Gene, absolutely cracking player but what coaching credentials does he have ? Think I’m just looking for reasons. If Rovers had better mentality is that down to coaching ?
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:23 pm  
2 words BRIAN SMITH

That is all anyone needs to know about the impact coaches can have and what you pay them for.
I chatted to an ex NRL UK SL player here in Aus and he was quite interesting about how he talked about different coaches that we all know.
Matt Elliot/Dave Furner etc

He said some of the coaches were bang on average and some were amazing.
Yet we may all have thought they were high pedigree.

We really need the reincarnation of Brian Smith but who?
Previous

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC