FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR
So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:29 pm  
Here we are then start of the new season. What's your team to start? Assuming no new injuries and everyone is fit
Walker
Mac
Tuime
Sutcliffe
Martin
Hoy
Smith
Ese
Houghton
Pele
Oku
Ashworth
F Brown
Subs
Sao
Fash
Brown
Scott
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:34 pm  
Walker
McIntosh
Tuimivave
Sutcliffe
Martin
Smith
F brown
Ese ese
Houghton
Pele
Okunbor
Sao
Fash

Subs
Balmforth
Ashworth
Scott
Cator
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:31 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
Here we are then start of the new season. What's your team to start? Assuming no new injuries and everyone is fit
Walker
Mac
Tuime
Sutcliffe
Martin
Hoy
Smith
Ese
Houghton
Pele
Oku
Ashworth
F Brown
Subs
Sao
Fash
Brown
Scott


I’d go with this team too.
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:31 pm  
Walker v HIKU
Mac V EVALDS
Tuime V GILDART
Sutcliffe V OPACIC
Martin V HALL
Hoy V MIKEY LEWIS
Smith V MAY
Ese V KING
Houghton V PARCELL
Pele V WHITBREAD
Oku V BATCHELOR
Ashworth V TANGINOA
F Brown V MINICHELLA
Subs
Sao V SUE
Fash V LITTEN
Brown V HADLEY
Scott V AYDIN/FISHWICH OR TENNISON
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:57 pm  
The Cooke Report wrote:
Walker v HIKU
Mac V EVALDS
Tuime V GILDART
Sutcliffe V OPACIC
Martin V HALL
Hoy V MIKEY LEWIS
Smith V MAY
Ese V KING
Houghton V PARCELL
Pele V WHITBREAD
Oku V BATCHELOR
Ashworth V TANGINOA
F Brown V MINICHELLA
Subs
Sao V SUE
Fash V LITTEN
Brown V HADLEY
Scott V AYDIN/FISHWICH OR TENNISON


Think this shows that rovers are ahead of us at the moment. But it’s down to 80 minutes where anything can happen. Their backs are electric but lack a certain balance for me. I’d be targeting gildarts poor D and making Hiku run (I’m not sure he has the engine but time will tell). Lewis Martin will need to be on form to keep Ryan hall at bay. Their backrow is tidy but apart from that, I’d back our pack
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:00 pm  
If everyone is fit I'd go:

Walker
Martin
Sutcliffe
Carlos
Mcintosh
Smith
Brown
Ese'ese
Houghton
Pele
Okunbor
Ashworth
Fash

Sao
Brown
Cator
Scott

Question marks over Scott, Fash and Carlos though.
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:59 am  
mwindass wrote:
If everyone is fit I'd go:

Walker
Martin
Sutcliffe
Carlos
Mcintosh
Smith
Brown
Ese'ese
Houghton
Pele
Okunbor
Ashworth
Fash

Sao
Brown
Cator
Scott

Question marks over Scott, Fash and Carlos though.


Don't think we can do with that bench or it will be a repeat performance of last week.

I'd go with

Walker
Mcintosh
Sutcliffe
Carlos
Martin
Hoy
Brown
Ese ese
Houghton
Fash
Ashworth
Okunbor
Cator

Smith
Pele
Sao
Brown

I'm really not a fan of Cator at 13, but even less a fan of him at 9.

Gives us a big starting pack and some real impact off the bench

Smith there allows us to change halfback, hooker and Loose forward.

Scott a bit unlucky to miss out, wonder mind him on the wing instead of Mcintosh, but that won't happen.

Rovers have a better 17 for sure, buy not as good as their fans think.
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:06 am  
Dave K. wrote:
Don't think we can do with that bench or it will be a repeat performance of last week.

I'd go with

Walker
Mcintosh
Sutcliffe
Carlos
Martin
Hoy
Brown
Ese ese
Houghton
Fash
Ashworth
Okunbor
Cator

Smith
Pele
Sao
Brown

I'm really not a fan of Cator at 13, but even less a fan of him at 9.

Gives us a big starting pack and some real impact off the bench

Smith there allows us to change halfback, hooker and Loose forward.

Scott a bit unlucky to miss out, wonder mind him on the wing instead of Mcintosh, but that won't happen.

Rovers have a better 17 for sure, buy not as good as their fans think.


I don't mind that team, just think Smith will go as big as possible for the starting pack. Shows we're at least one forward short with us asking Sao and Ashworth to probably do a stint at SR and prop.
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:32 am  
Hoy is wasted in the halves and should be nowhere near them, hes better from full back linking in. We havent won one game with him in the halves. Lets not move him for the sake of it.

Hoy
Martin
Carlos
Sutcliffe
Macintosh
Smith
Brown
Ese Ese
Houghton
Ashworth
Okunbar
Sao
Fash

Subs
Pele
Brown
Cator
Lane
Re: So it all starts. Next Up HULL KR : Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:32 am  
How many games did Hoy play 6, I remember the cup and Hudds at home, where he played pretty well in both.
Next

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC