JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 06 201212 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 13:572nd May 24 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Not pointing the finger : Wed May 26, 2021 12:22 pm  
Compared to some contributors I'm quite new to board.
I don't do any other kind of social media and only because of my Trinity interest decided to get involved..
We all have one interest in common and obviously opinions vary, what I don't get is the need for insults to start flying round.
Surely if you disagree with someone else's view simply state your view and then get in to a debate.
You will probably say I'm nieve and I probably am but after a while and pages and pages of name calling and heated arguments nothings achieved.
I visit the other boards to sample views and it see. S to me they don't suffer from the same problem on a regular basis.
We all want what we feel would be best for the club and the chances of agreement on every subject will never happen. Some seem to take pleasure in belittling other uses while not being prepared to listen to views outside their own
I must admit to the occasional chuckle but to agree to disagree seems to be something of the past
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35960
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 24 07:137th May 24 07:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Not pointing the finger : Wed May 26, 2021 12:37 pm  
lampyboy wrote:
I don't do any other kind of social media and only because of my Trinity interest decided to get involved..
We all have one interest in common and obviously opinions vary, what I don't get is the need for insults to start flying round.
Surely if you disagree with someone else's view simply state your view and then get in to a debate.
You will probably say I'm nieve and I probably am but after a while and pages and pages of name calling and heated arguments nothings achieved.
I visit the other boards to sample views and it see. S to me they don't suffer from the same problem on a regular basis.
We all want what we feel would be best for the club and the chances of agreement on every subject will never happen. Some seem to take pleasure in belittling other uses while not being prepared to listen to views outside their own
I must admit to the occasional chuckle but to agree to disagree seems to be something of the past

It's the nature of forums where people are largely anonymous but on here it rarely gets out of hand these days.

It's a fine line, a bit of passion, even some harsh banter, for me it's part of it all.

What I don't like are these little clicks that form, if you have something to say then say it but don't bandwagon jump on other people's arguments just to score points.

I'd also like to see people drop grudges for things said and done, often years ago in the heat of the moment. That I suppose is more human nature but it ruins open debate. The other day I was accused of controlling Poptart, the evil genius that I am, I had to laugh because I've had more run-ins with him than almost anyone else.

Much as I think I was right I don't hold a grudge or continually bring up the past and neither does he, isn't that the best way.

At the end of the day, nobody really knows who they are talking to on here even if they do know the face. Like it or not most people are a little braver on here than they would be face to face and I suppose that's why people get a bit carried away.

Sadly one or two take it way too far, take it from a man who was threatened with a beating in front of his terrified 8-year-old son. As I say it's a fine line but there are a few on here who will cross it. That said I still don't mind it getting a little heated from time to time.

Finally, we are all Trinity fans, that's not an easy burden to carry, Fifty years of disappointment, bound to make anyone tetchy. :DEPRESSED:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 28 20186 years40th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 16:205th May 24 16:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not pointing the finger : Wed May 26, 2021 12:53 pm  
lampyboy wrote:

We all have our own views and opinions on every subject that we discuss on here whether that’s RL related or other topics . The majority on here know absolutely diddly squat about coaching or running a club me included ,but that for me is what makes this forum work . Take peoples insults with a pinch of salt and certainly don’t take anything that’s said to heart and you won’t go far wrong . Just remember your views are just as important as everyone else’s and that is what a forum for me is all about .

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings