FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Overseas Players
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:06 pm  
I am waiting for the John Ledger piece in the Yorkshire Post claiming that if a player is not conceived and given birth to on the centre spot at Fartown then he is 'overseas' and the Giants are full of foreigners.
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 pm  
Well done Huddersfield, if only the rest of Super League could follow your example..

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Re: Overseas Players : Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 pm  
JudgeB wrote:
This should be shouted from the rooftops;

GIANTS PLAY SUPER LEAGUE GAME WITH ONLY TWO OVERSEAS PLAYERS

How many other teams can/will field so few overseas players in a game this season? Not many I would suggest.

Even the mighty Wigan, with the all the so called talent in that area, played with 9 overseas players at Hull. Or is that Nobby?

Well done Giants.

Absolutely JB and just what I thought when I saw the team on Saturday. I would like to think that some in the media would highlight this fact and give Huddersfield a bit of credit. I won't hold my breath.
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 pm  
Marsdengiant wrote:
I am waiting for the John Ledger piece in the Yorkshire Post claiming that if a player is not conceived and given birth to on the centre spot at Fartown then he is 'overseas' and the Giants are full of foreigners.

Do we ever get a mention in the Yorkshire Post ? I checked out last Friday and Saturday's whilst waiting in a take-away and couldn't see any mention of the Giants at all. Big article on the Town in Saturday's and lots of articles on other Yorkshire clubs but that's all.
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm  
Not sure on YP but Giants do get write ups in Yorkshire Sport on a Sunday.
Disappointed that there was no report in last Sunday's YS of Catalan game.
No excuse in my book with today's technology.

Have always thought though that YP covers Leeds first then others if there's room or if they can be bothered.

Stick to the Examiner evry morning :D
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 pm  
The coverage we get in the YP is usually negative. John Ledger, need I say more.
: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm  
Yorkshire Post is a rubbish paper for RL anyway, much more interested in Union. Plus it's a L**ds paper and fit only for when the bog roll runs out.
Previous