RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leigh defence
Leigh defence Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 407
Has there ever been a worst one in SL? I am writing this at Half Time in the Cas game some of the Cas tries have been ridiculously easy.
Re: Leigh defence Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:08 pm  
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 494
Both prop forwards running 50 yards without being touched sums it up. Also is this the smallest backline ever to start a Superleague match?
Re: Leigh defence Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:25 pm  

leyther wrote:
leyther Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 pm
Posts: 397
What defence?
Re: Leigh defence Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:14 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6497
leyther wrote:
What defence?


Nothing a good 6/7 wouldn’t sort. Hookers look good.
Image
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 407
Not only is the one on one tackling sadly lacking, a defencive organisation is completely missing, it won't make a jot of difference whoever comes into the team if player's don't know what each other is doing, some of the gaps in the line which Cas exploited were like chasms, Duffy has to sort this and quickly or we are going to be on the big side of points conceded.
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:05 am  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 12684
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Harry Stottle wrote:
Not only is the one on one tackling sadly lacking, a defencive organisation is completely missing, it won't make a jot of difference whoever comes into the team if player's don't know what each other is doing, some of the gaps in the line which Cas exploited were like chasms, Duffy has to sort this and quickly or we are going to be on the big side of points conceded.


Agree with you about defence,it was very poor, however, we were never going to beat Cas,and Leigh will target games with a potential chance of getting 2pts. Salford is one of those games on Friday. Let's see what we get.

Personally, I still think we need a quality halfback to partner Ellis when he's back.
Image
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:51 am  

Leyther14 wrote:
Leyther14 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 199
Obviously worrying the amount of points we are shipping. But job made difficult with having to shuffle line ups every game due to injury. Pattern of play and defence looked decent at Saints but never had that line up since. In the end would we expect to have beaten Wigan, Warr and Cas? Big test is next week with Salford, they are shipping points and not scoring many this may be a relegation battle game even this early. Question is why team are we going to have out!? Will Thornley be back and any chance Gelling.
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 12684
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Leyther14 wrote:
Obviously worrying the amount of points we are shipping. But job made difficult with having to shuffle line ups every game due to injury. Pattern of play and defence looked decent at Saints but never had that line up since. In the end would we expect to have beaten Wigan, Warr and Cas? Big test is next week with Salford, they are shipping points and not scoring many this may be a relegation battle game even this early. Question is why team are we going to have out!? Will Thornley be back and any chance Gelling.


Agreed L14, shuffling the line ups regular isn't ideal, and does affect our pattern of play. I still can't understand why Duffs brought Ellis back on against Warry when the game had gone,and consequently he picked up his injury.

I'll pick the team who i think might play on Friday if available :- :)

1. Wallace
2. Sau
3. Thornley
4. Gelling
5. Russell
6. Reynolds
7. Brierley
8. Flower
9. Hood
10. Ioane
11. Thompson
12. Hellewell
13. McCarthy

14. Peteru
15. Gerrard
16. Peats
17. Bell
Image
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:58 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 407
Cokey wrote:
Agreed L14, shuffling the line ups regular isn't ideal, and does affect our pattern of play. I still can't understand why Duffs brought Ellis back on against Warry when the game had gone,and consequently he picked up his injury.

I'll pick the team who i think might play on Friday if available :- :)

1. Wallace
2. Sau
3. Thornley
4. Gelling
5. Russell
6. Reynolds
7. Brierley
8. Flower
9. Hood
10. Ioane
11. Thompson
12. Hellewell
13. McCarthy

14. Peteru
15. Gerrard
16. Peats
17. Bell

Have you not considered swopping Mullen for Bobby Wallace Ball at Full Back, and would it be worth having Bell at 6 and put Brierley on the bench, without question Brierley would be moved wide when we are defending, I would much sooner have Bell in there sticking to Loleha like glue, and Bell also showed he was no slouch at distributing the ball against Cas.
Re: Leigh defence Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1424
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Harry Stottle wrote:
Has there ever been a worst one in SL? I am writing this at Half Time in the Cas game some of the Cas tries have been ridiculously easy.

As a Trinity fan, I can assure you that there is another SL team on the West side of the Pennines with just as bad a defence. God knows what size score line we’ll end up with, when our sides meet.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ColD, leyther, satanicmills and 97 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,188,1201,71078,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 24 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 17 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X