RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Nigel Wood Interview
Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 7:35 am  

User avatarMicktheGled wrote:
MicktheGled User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 pm
Posts: 7955
Location: The Provident Stadium, Odsal.
I know a lot of you will have already heard this but for those that didn't listen on the radio or missed it.

Bradford Bulls Chairman Nigel Wood joined me on the radio yesterday answering questions covering several important topics including the challenges ahead, Odsal Stadium and the lease and his three-year plan for the club.

Listen to the full interview: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/jvJ6ZvpmriFYWV4P9
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 8:21 am  

User avatarBully_Boxer wrote:
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:19 pm
Posts: 8477
Location: Odsal Stadium
Thought he spoke well on the interview to be honest, ultimately he will be judged on what he achieves at the club. The one big tick in the box is he is very much a RL man, I have seen him up early on a Sunday watching junior rugby, whether that was to watch family or just for the RL fix I’m not sure. But I would hope whatever decisions he makes will be in the best interests of RL in Bradford at the very least.

I guess we can keep harping back to the past decisions and I know some still ‘want answers’ but to me it achieves very little for our current situation. There certainly isn’t a queue of rich influential businessmen keen to take the club on, we’ve put that to the test enough times recently!

Personally, I think it’s a healthier mindset to just focus on the RL on the pitch rather than what is happening off it, well for me at least anyway.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 30131
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Well too much water has gone under the bridge for me not to be a bit cynical. I've heard a lot of this before so Wood has a job on to make me trust him. I can see why others want to look the future but I just can't get enthusiastic about the club when the man at the helm had such a key role in so many bad decisions in the recent past. Accepting him just because there's nobody else seems a bit odd, it's like a battered spouse putting up with an abusive partner. I accept I may be in the minority in holding this view.

As for Odsal I fail to see how we can afford to be there. The club has never been able to makes ends meet while it's played there, motorsport or no motorsport. The only time it's worked was when the council paid for all the upkeep. 1986-2000. Nobody's doing that now that I can see.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 9:59 am  

User avatarBully_Boxer wrote:
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:19 pm
Posts: 8477
Location: Odsal Stadium
Bullseye wrote:
Well too much water has gone under the bridge for me not to be a bit cynical. I've heard a lot of this before so Wood has a job on to make me trust him. I can see why others want to look the future but I just can't get enthusiastic about the club when the man at the helm had such a key role in so many bad decisions in the recent past. Accepting him just because there's nobody else seems a bit odd, it's like a battered spouse putting up with an abusive partner. I accept I may be in the minority in holding this view.

As for Odsal I fail to see how we can afford to be there. The club has never been able to makes ends meet while it's played there, motorsport or no motorsport. The only time it's worked was when the council paid for all the upkeep. 1986-2000. Nobody's doing that now that I can see.

I’m sure there are quite a few who hold reservations. I’m just past caring too deeply about who is in charge and what they may or may not have done.

I just want to watch some competitive RL when I have the free time.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 30131
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Bully_Boxer wrote:
I’m sure there are quite a few who hold reservations. I’m just past caring too deeply about who is in charge and what they may or may not have done.

I just want to watch some competitive RL when I have the free time.


Each to their own. I may go to the odd RL game but I've lost a lot of interest in the game over here. I watch more NRL. With the right ownership at the Bulls I could get back on board but with the current setup I can't help thinking we're just marking time until the next meltdown.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm  

TheBeast wrote:
TheBeast Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:56 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Leicestershire
Thanks Mick, appreciated. Very good interview IMHO.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am  

Scarey71 wrote:
Scarey71 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 am
Posts: 972
Location: South of Bratfud
Bully_Boxer wrote:
There certainly isn’t a queue of rich influential businessmen keen to take the club on, we’ve put that to the test enough times recently! .


We have, and there was but they were blocked.... if only I could remember who by ;)

In that respect, and the fact he utterly blew Halifax apart, I have no trust and agree with others as I can't see how Odsal is viable. Unless he's in it to do what he refused to let others do and own the lease. Imagine the money to be made from inert landfill likeroad scalpings etc?
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 30131
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Some of us are past caring. Some of us are ambivalent. Some are just content to put their heads in the sand and back any owner no matter what.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7583
Location: LS9

If after everything we've been through, the deliberately blocked affluent ownership bids etc, you don't have a high level of cynicism toward Nigel, then I despair. I'll happily sit back and see if his actions ease that sense of mistrust but I can't possibly feel neutral about him as a starting point.
Re: Nigel Wood Interview Tue May 04, 2021 11:59 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7583
Location: LS9

Scarey71 wrote:
I can't see how Odsal is viable. Unless he's in it to do what he refused to let others do and own the lease. Imagine the money to be made from inert landfill likeroad scalpings etc?


If the present owners read social media they'll largely come away with the conclusion that we the fans want us back at Odsal, and that it has "Spiritual home" status. In that respect I think we are giving completely the wrong message. What we should be saying is "Yes Odsal will do in the short term, but what's the plan?". Misty-eyed memories of our days at the hole only serves to hold us back imo.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,169,53297878,6306,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Fri 18th Jun
NRL RND: 15 NQL Cowboys24-26Cronulla
NRL RND: 15 Penrith32-18Sydney
SL RND: 10 Huddersfield8-9Salford
SL RND: 10 Wigan8-18Hull KR
Thu 17th Jun
NRL RND: 15 Brisbane0-46Souths
SL RND: 10 St.Helens2-6Warrington
Wed 16th Jun
SLRND: 10 Wakefield12-18Castleford
Mon 14th Jun
NRL RND: 14 Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
L1 RND: 6 Crusaders0-68Doncaster
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Wigan 9 166 154 12 14 107.79 77.78
Warrington 10 308 159 149 15 193.71 75
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 10 203 244 -41 10 83.20 50
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 10 175 249 -74 4 70.28 20
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 6 251 66 185 12 380.30 100
Doncaster 6 250 126 124 10 198.41 83.33
Workington 6 210 106 104 10 198.11 83.33
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 6 146 147 -1 6 99.32 50
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
 
Rochdale 6 161 196 -35 4 82.14 33.33
Crusaders 6 122 218 -96 4 55.96 33.33
LondonS 5 114 212 -98 2 53.77 20
West Wales 6 82 320 -238 0 25.63 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X