RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Redevelop starts 4th Jan?
Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: Bradford
The Startrax group are looking for volunteers through social media to start the redevelopment of Odsal from 4th Jan. Aim being to get safety certificate to host stock car races from early April.
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:45 pm  

RagingBull wrote:
RagingBull Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 721
All seems a bit slap dash to me.

No confirmed figure of whos paying what for any improvememts.
Nothing confirmed from the RFL.
No confirmed itinerary of what work needs carrying out.
Nothing mentioned with redards to what means for the corners of the ingoal.
Nothing confirmed as to whats required to get a safety certificate.
No plan or time line as to what stages the work will be completed in.
No update of any work completed so far.


Are they just expecting prople to turn up next week with a pain brush then have a think about what they can do?

If there has been any if published regarding my points above that i may have missed, Would you be kind enough to post the links in this thread.
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:05 pm  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 1760
RagingBull wrote:
All seems a bit slap dash to me.

No confirmed figure of whos paying what for any improvememts.
Nothing confirmed from the RFL.
No confirmed itinerary of what work needs carrying out.
Nothing mentioned with redards to what means for the corners of the ingoal.
Nothing confirmed as to whats required to get a safety certificate.
No plan or time line as to what stages the work will be completed in.
No update of any work completed so far.


Are they just expecting prople to turn up next week with a pain brush then have a think about what they can do?

If there has been any if published regarding my points above that i may have missed, Would you be kind enough to post the links in this thread.


Do you mean they haven't run the above past you?
WTF would anyone go to the trouble of publishing an itinerary of works?
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:21 pm  

RagingBull wrote:
RagingBull Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 721
M@islebugs wrote:
Do you mean they haven't run the above past you?
WTF would anyone go to the trouble of publishing an itinerary of works?


All Pretty basic info for any stadium upgrade project.

"To get the stadium up to scratch we need to spend x amount an this is what needs to happen by x date"


Its called stakeholer/comsumer engagement in the trade.

Others might call it common courtesy giving its a high profile project in the public domain.
Surely there is some sort of project plan and budget in place.
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:44 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 561
RagingBull wrote:
All seems a bit slap dash to me.

No confirmed figure of whos paying what for any improvememts.
Nothing confirmed from the RFL.
No confirmed itinerary of what work needs carrying out.
Nothing mentioned with redards to what means for the corners of the ingoal.
Nothing confirmed as to whats required to get a safety certificate.
No plan or time line as to what stages the work will be completed in.
No update of any work completed so far.


Are they just expecting prople to turn up next week with a pain brush then have a think about what they can do?

If there has been any if published regarding my points above that i may have missed, Would you be kind enough to post the links in this thread.


If you listen to Mark Sawyer in the Bulls podcast he explains majority of the above, when have any club released full plans of what they need to do to keep a safety certificate or get one?
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:23 pm  
bullinenemyland User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Posts: 1877
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on the paragraph about the stadium in the exec summary of the clubs SL bid doc just released...

"In addition, plans are being drawn, exploring all options for the stadium footprint and adjourned sites. We have a five-year timescale in mind for redevelopment or new build in or around the existing Odsal site."

There are more than a few nods and winks in that paragraph to suggest something could be on the horizon in relation to either the land behind Odsal (behind the Southbank) or the old Richard Dunnes site.

I still cannot believe the club are even contemplating a return to a stadium that has sunk the club on more than one occasion without some kind of plan in the background.

To do otherwise, Wood & Sawyer might as well throw all their money in a fire pit and watch it burn. But neither are daft and a bookie knows better than to bet against the odds.

Oh... and Happy New Year everyone!!!
Don't think i'm biased...
...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:50 pm  

stevo#4 wrote:
stevo#4 RLFANS Site Sponsor
RLFANS Site Sponsor

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:47 am
Posts: 1016
Location: Bradford
RagingBull wrote:
All seems a bit slap dash to me.

Nothing confirmed from the RFL.
Nothing mentioned with redards to what means for the corners of the ingoal.



As it stands, no rugby will be played at odsal so why are these of concern for a group who are gearing it up for Speedway and Stock car racing?
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:21 pm  

Stul wrote:
Stul Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:34 pm
Posts: 1322
Has anyone thought of writing to Nick Knowles?
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 am  

User avatarWigan Bull wrote:
Wigan Bull User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:40 am
Posts: 3951
Location: Cheshire
bullinenemyland wrote:
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on the paragraph about the stadium in the exec summary of the clubs SL bid doc just released...

"In addition, plans are being drawn, exploring all options for the stadium footprint and adjourned sites. We have a five-year timescale in mind for redevelopment or new build in or around the existing Odsal site."

There are more than a few nods and winks in that paragraph to suggest something could be on the horizon in relation to either the land behind Odsal (behind the Southbank) or the old Richard Dunnes site.

I still cannot believe the club are even contemplating a return to a stadium that has sunk the club on more than one occasion without some kind of plan in the background.

To do otherwise, Wood & Sawyer might as well throw all their money in a fire pit and watch it burn. But neither are daft and a bookie knows better than to bet against the odds.

Oh... and Happy New Year everyone!!!


You would like to think there is more going on behind the scenes than is in the public domain wouldn't you.....

Odsal as is works for no-one and isn't a viable long term option.

A new stadium adjacent to the current (as intimated in the press release) would make perfect sense. They could also perhaps keep the existing ground and use this for stock cars, other motor sports, concerts etc., while sharing some of the new stadiums ancillary facilities.
Re: Redevelop starts 4th Jan? Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:07 am  

User avatarroofaldo2 wrote:
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 3213
A brand new stadium on the Richard Dunn site would be the most sensible option. Especially if Bradford PA can be brought in on it as there are a number of organisations set up around redevelopment/building stadiums for football grounds.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bullsmad, JohnQ, le penguin, Stockwell & Smales and 110 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,1901,62578,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL
LIVE
Cronulla22-40Manly
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
Fri 30th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Wests16-18NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 20 Brisbane37-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 29th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Sydney28-0Parramatta
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 15 459 246 213 28 186.59 93.33
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 13 298 237 61 15 125.74 57.69
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X