FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Why would you ever buy a London Broncos Season Ticket
RankPostsTeam
International Star681
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 11 201113 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 20:397th May 24 20:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

London must be the only club where you lose money on Tickets if you are a ST member ????
https://londonbroncos.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/summertime_gold_lounge_experience

25 pound for 4 remaining home games???/ Thats £6 each unless I missed something....

Why would anybody buy a ST for 2023, when you know your going to lose out
London must be the only club where you lose money on Tickets if you are a ST member ????

25 pound for 4 remaining home games???/ Thats £6 each unless I missed something....

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years68th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 18:057th May 24 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

crashmon wrote:

The move has failed. Hughes has point blank refused to give them another cent and they are scurrying around trying to get enough money to operate.....that would be my take on this.
100% clusterfooked up the launch and it's been a slippery slope since then.......I remember when they first discounted Kids and the Gold Lounge....it was after "consultation" with out sponsors......in other words, "we're sorry you paid thousands, but do you mind sharing with the general public now as we made an error"?

Question has to be, "what has any of our sponsors got back from their 2022 investment"?......New Commercial guy has his work cut out, but my gut feeling is 2023 isn't going to be any better.

As for anyone buying Season Tickets? The majority (and I am saying fewer than 100 were sold this year) of ST holders in 2022 would have been Monkey Boy Fan club members....now they've been disbanded, I see us selling fewer than 50 in 2023.
crashmon wrote:

The move has failed. Hughes has point blank refused to give them another cent and they are scurrying around trying to get enough money to operate.....that would be my take on this.
100% clusterfooked up the launch and it's been a slippery slope since then.......I remember when they first discounted Kids and the Gold Lounge....it was after "consultation" with out sponsors......in other words, "we're sorry you paid thousands, but do you mind sharing with the general public now as we made an error"?

Question has to be, "what has any of our sponsors got back from their 2022 investment"?......New Commercial guy has his work cut out, but my gut feeling is 2023 isn't going to be any better.

As for anyone buying Season Tickets? The majority (and I am saying fewer than 100 were sold this year) of ST holders in 2022 would have been Monkey Boy Fan club members....now they've been disbanded, I see us selling fewer than 50 in 2023.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1884
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 12:049th May 24 12:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

crashmon wrote:

I guess around November/December we’ll find out why the club thinks we should but I have to say I do feel somewhat mugged this year so we’’ll see.
crashmon wrote:

I guess around November/December we’ll find out why the club thinks we should but I have to say I do feel somewhat mugged this year so we’’ll see.
Victor 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player636
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 21 20204 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 17:541st May 24 20:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

orangeman wrote:
The majority (and I am saying fewer than 100 were sold this year) of ST holders in 2022 would have been Monkey Boy Fan club members....now they've been disbanded, I see us selling fewer than 50 in 2023.

We bought season tickets this year. However we were far from Monkey Boy Fan Club Members. We were on the naughty step, blocked on SM.

Will we buy Season Tickets next year? Well the truth is, it is in the balance. I would say we need to be sold on season 2023, by the club. We are not just going to buy them as we have in the past
RankPostsTeam
International Star1710No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 201013 years60th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 03:329th May 24 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Because of the match discounts through the season, the club should offer all of this seasons ST holders a decent reduction in the cost for next season if they renew.

I didn't renew my Broncos ST this season for a number of reasons not least the blue & yellow kit but I seem to have had an epiphany moment as have decided against renewing my Quins ST that I've had for 20 odd years & my Fulham one that I've had for 48 of my 56 years of support. I don't feel sad but liberated not having to dance to the Sky/BT/Prime tune for ko times any longer.

May take in the odd game here & there which will be easier at Broncos as Quins & Fulham sell out but no more blue & yellow thank you.
RankPostsTeam
International Star681
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 11 201113 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Yea, the only reason for a ST usually was to be sure of getting a seat, so for teams that sell out, its one sure fire way of ensuring you don't miss games you want to see.

London are never going to have that problem at PL, so unless they offer substantial goodees its not worth it. Seeing they have done this 2 years in a row now.

I'd give ST holders next year (just for full price so you get the idea)
    Flat price of £150 if they had a season ticket this year, and £200 pounds for a ST if your not an existing holder
    Free home top per ST
    10 game vouchers to give to friends over the season at 50% off entry
    One child (under 11) ST free per Adult ST, or if no children 50% off a concession ST for every adult ST

They cocked up 2022 massivly, so they have to do someting radical in terms of trying to attract fans for 2023, but I doubt they will do anything other than the usual approach
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1884
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Victor wrote:
We bought season tickets this year. However we were far from Monkey Boy Fan Club Members. We were on the naughty step, blocked on SM.

Will we buy Season Tickets next year? Well the truth is, it is in the balance. I would say we need to be sold on season 2023, by the club. We are not just going to buy them as we have in the past

Yes that’s exactly how I feel.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1884
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

crashmon wrote:
Yea, the only reason for a ST usually was to be sure of getting a seat, so for teams that sell out, its one sure fire way of ensuring you don't miss games you want to see.

London are never going to have that problem at PL, so unless they offer substantial goodees its not worth it. Seeing they have done this 2 years in a row now.

I'd give ST holders next year (just for full price so you get the idea)
    Flat price of £150 if they had a season ticket this year, and £200 pounds for a ST if your not an existing holder
    Free home top per ST
    10 game vouchers to give to friends over the season at 50% off entry
    One child (under 11) ST free per Adult ST, or if no children 50% off a concession ST for every adult ST

They cocked up 2022 massivly, so they have to do someting radical in terms of trying to attract fans for 2023, but I doubt they will do anything other than the usual approach

I think the other reason Crash is to give the club some support but I have to say the quality of the start of season squad and coaching staff gave me pause for thought that I might have made a mistake. The quality of the first tranche of home performances gave me even more to think about and then decamping from PL for so long that the club became a bit of an abstract concept undermined my loyalty more so. As for the constant discounting, the additional expense of getting to Ebbsfleet and the match day experience ...less said soonest mended.
RankPostsTeam
International Star681
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 11 201113 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Yea we had Gold ST from 2002 (Brentford) all the way through to 2020 (the abandoned season where we only have 3 games I think). We did not bother for 2021 and 2022 owing to the fact that based on the squad, we did not consider them value for money (also this season we would not have been able to get to PL most games so it was not an issue). Looks like we made the correct choice.

I get that early ST gets the club early money to be able to attract better talent, but lets be honest thats not going to happen while DH is in charge. I don't think we will ever buy a ST again TBH while he is running the club
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years68th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 18:057th May 24 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

crashmon wrote:
Yea we had Gold ST from 2002 (Brentford) all the way through to 2020...............<SNIP>............. I don't think we will ever buy a ST again TBH while he is running the club

In a nutshell, THIS^^^^

I can pen another opus on how to fix it, but with each passing year it becomes more a case of "why bother"?

I genuinely don't think I would have bothered much at the Hive (if at all) when we were there, would have hit Trailfinders only because it was a 1 mile walk from West Ealing and I doubt that other than a few selected games I'd have bothered trekking south of the river to Wimbledon.

I will add that I was never a ST holder, because I was always doing "other stuff' and the commitment would have been frustrating. It's why I spend 30% more on Golf here to pay and play, because I won't join a club just in case I don't play twice a week.....but I don't think I missed more than 3 games at Griffin Park and maybe a half dozen at the stoop before we left for NZ in 2009.

I buy my Warriors Membership here every year and up until Covid got at least 6 games a year in. (I arrived home last night after Midnight.....great atmosphere at Mt Smart...less said about the game the better).......but The London Broncos, the reason I even watch League have lost their mojo and I see no point in offering anything to them now whilst Hughes is in charge.

It's not that his heart is in the wrong place, but he does need to get his head out of his 'arris!
Next