JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 09 20159 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 14:5812th May 24 20:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 am  
Think this was mentioned in another thread, who stays, who goes? With the added complication of no head coach being in position to provide input.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... contracts/

You’d think we’ll be looking to tie King & Ashton down to long term deals as soon as possible, they are the priorities I think. Dean, Doro & Roebuck will also hopefully join them, along with Walker.

Austin is one that may split opinion, I think some don’t think he’s lived up to his marquee status, and his form has been up and down. But I’d like to see him stay, he always looks like he could do something with the ball. A better attacking shape could make him even more dangerous. I’d be talking to him now about an extension.

Chris Hill is an interesting one, not the force he was but still one of our better players. Hopefully the change in captaincy and fewer minutes will rejuvenate him.maybe a 2 year deal on reduced terms, although he may find a longer team deal at Leigh more attractive. There aren’t a whole lot of options for props out there, so the decision needs to be made soon.

Tom Lineham really frustrates me, often he looks like a very good winger, but sometimes his head goes and he does something stupid. At the end of last season I was fine with the prospect of him leaving, a good start to 2021 might change my mind.

Mamo always does a good job when asked to fill in, I can’t help but think that role should be covered by homegrown players. That’s what would happen at Wigan / Saints. I think I’d let him go, Roebuck & Thewlis to step up. J Clark similar, as good a guy as he is, I think this season will be his last.

Kibula and Sita will leave, can’t see either of them being offered a new deal.

Inglis has repeatedly said he’s a one season option.... but you never know.
Think this was mentioned in another thread, who stays, who goes? With the added complication of no head coach being in position to provide input.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... contracts/

You’d think we’ll be looking to tie King & Ashton down to long term deals as soon as possible, they are the priorities I think. Dean, Doro & Roebuck will also hopefully join them, along with Walker.

Austin is one that may split opinion, I think some don’t think he’s lived up to his marquee status, and his form has been up and down. But I’d like to see him stay, he always looks like he could do something with the ball. A better attacking shape could make him even more dangerous. I’d be talking to him now about an extension.

Chris Hill is an interesting one, not the force he was but still one of our better players. Hopefully the change in captaincy and fewer minutes will rejuvenate him.maybe a 2 year deal on reduced terms, although he may find a longer team deal at Leigh more attractive. There aren’t a whole lot of options for props out there, so the decision needs to be made soon.

Tom Lineham really frustrates me, often he looks like a very good winger, but sometimes his head goes and he does something stupid. At the end of last season I was fine with the prospect of him leaving, a good start to 2021 might change my mind.

Mamo always does a good job when asked to fill in, I can’t help but think that role should be covered by homegrown players. That’s what would happen at Wigan / Saints. I think I’d let him go, Roebuck & Thewlis to step up. J Clark similar, as good a guy as he is, I think this season will be his last.

Kibula and Sita will leave, can’t see either of them being offered a new deal.

Inglis has repeatedly said he’s a one season option.... but you never know.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain791
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 20195 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 18:5120th Mar 24 10:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:10 pm  
Definite extension: Tom Lineham, Toby King, Blake Austin, Matty Ashton

Short extension: Danny Walker, Nathan Roebuck, Riley Dean, Chris Hill, Jake Mamo

Let go: Jason Clark, Sitaleki Akauola

See how they go: Eribe Doro, Greg Inglis, Samy Kibula
RankPostsTeam
Moderator39390
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 16:5512th May 24 16:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:33 pm  
Austin as a a definite?

*sucks in air noise*
Philth 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 200915 years60th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 15:299th May 24 21:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:51 pm  
Jack Napier wrote:

Short extension: Danny Walker, Nathan Roebuck, Riley Dean, Chris Hill, Jake Mamo

I'll challenge Lineham if I may.

Is he a definite? He's partial to the odd disciplinary brain fart and is getting bulkier with every season that goes by.

I'm open to the counter that "who else we going to get" so unless we but a bid in.for Tom Johnstone I cant answer because I'm struggling to find off contract at the end of 2021.

For me, he's in the "gotta earn it" bucket (yes I know they all have to earn it, but you get what I mean)
Philth 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 200915 years60th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 15:299th May 24 21:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Richard Henare..............Nuff Said

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm  
Jack Napier wrote:

I'll challenge Lineham if I may.

Is he a definite? He's partial to the odd disciplinary brain fart and is getting bulkier with every season that goes by.

I'm open to the counter that "who else we going to get" so unless we but a bid in.for Tom Johnstone I cant answer because I'm struggling to find off contract at the end of 2021 for every club.

For me, he's in the "gotta earn it" bucket (yes I know they all have to earn it, but you get what I mean)
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3939
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years28th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 20:597th May 24 21:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:18 pm  
Jack Napier wrote:

I agree with most of that, lineham and Austin would stay for me but that very much depends on whether better could be available, Austin may well take the decision out of the clubs hands and want to go home. I don't think Inglis will stay but if he wants to then why not, can't see him wanting to stay unless it's going well for him.

Hill should stay another season in my opinion but I suppose it depends on cap space requirements and how the new arrivals get on, I'm sure other clubs will put offers in for him he has more than this season left in the tank.

King, Ashton and Riley Dean are the important ones to tie up for me. I'd say the short extension and see how they go sections are largely the same, reward the ones who deserve it with a new contract. Mamo has been a decent signing so it would be harsh for him to leave but we have a new coach coming in and need to get the best out of our cap space.

Widdop will be interesting as well, I think he will want to return home after this season concludes if he can get another club/ job in Australia. I really hope that he makes his intentions known early for replacement purposes.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain791
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 20195 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 18:5120th Mar 24 10:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:21 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
Austin as a a definite?

*sucks in air noise*

Out of necessity, I think so.

If Gareth Widdop was happy and on top form then it may be different. I don't trust the club to find two quality half backs to replace them.

We need to keep Austin, for now.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator39390
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 16:5512th May 24 16:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:53 pm  
Jack Napier wrote:
Out of necessity, I think so.

If Gareth Widdop was happy and on top form then it may be different. I don't trust the club to find two quality half backs to replace them.

We need to keep Austin, for now.

Its funny, cod I reckon had widdop had a slightly better year, austin would have copped more stick.

Keeping him on is one thing, keeping him on as a marquee?
49er 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain247
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 20159 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 06:279th May 24 21:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:58 pm  
Tom Lineham would have to have his best season for us to stay as he has been something of a liability in the last two. Ashton needs to be in our starting line up anyway and can play on the wing and so can Mamo.
Josh Thewlis to full back or we could lose him if he sees no first team opportunities and he is too good to lose. Same for Riley Dean and Eribe Doro. For a change, we have some potential from the Academy and add Ellis Longstaff to the list. Time to be bold. Less starts for Lineham, J Clark and Sita.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1019No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 18 20203 years95th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 09:588th May 24 06:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Out of Contract : Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:16 pm  
Lineham - if he didn't have to make decisions in defence, then 100% yes. I'm not sure we'd get a better try scorer within our overall cap.

Austin - if he could produce his unplayable form for more than 2 months, then 100% yes. It. Would be a massive risk to go with Riley Dean and ANOther in 2022.

Hill - 100% yes. No need to make an argument to my mind.

Ashton - as long as we can sign him up for. He's special. He had a half (at most) where he struggled but that's magnified out of all proportion.

Mamo - proved his worth despite my initial misgivings. I don't care if he takes up a quota spot as a utility if he's good enough.

Robson, Doro, Thewlis, Dean - no idea. All have looked OK in first team - Thewlis more than OK, but we can't say we should play Thewlis in case he leaves when we have Ratchford here. The team falls apart when Ratchford isn't there.
Next