OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 14 07:4212th Sep 14 07:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I will sit down when I am ready.

SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:11 pm  
The Ostrich players have once more confounded their fans by performing their likely season high point in the first pre season game. A truly magnificent performance. From the top of the hill the only way is down.

Match report http://dewsbury.actinic9.co.uk
The Ostrich players have once more confounded their fans by performing their likely season high point in the first pre season game. A truly magnificent performance. From the top of the hill the only way is down.

Match report http://dewsbury.actinic9.co.uk
RankPostsTeam
International Star65No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 12 13:4822nd May 12 13:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 pm  
:ASK: Was going to ask the question on your opinions regarding your friendly game with Batley - i wanted to see what you thought about the performance of our youngster Billy Harris, dont know how much game time he got, secondly how big Foz showed up and to see what you thought of Cain Southernwood.
I did read the report on the above sight and am in general slightly confused as to what is going on from a Dewsbury fans perspective (do your fans use another fans forum?)
Sorry for my ignorance, look forward to a reply (probably from the Ostrich - if not will have to ask Rob afer xmas break!) .
All the best !
RankPostsTeam
International Star1No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 201112 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 17 10:2829th Dec 11 16:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:44 pm  
as you say most Rams fans use the total rl forum ;
Ostrich being a Batley supporter has his own thoughts on matters at Rams .
RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 04 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:41 pm  
TheTigersVOR wrote:
Was going to ask the question on your opinions regarding your friendly game with Batley - i wanted to see what you thought about the performance of our youngster Billy Harris, dont know how much game time he got, secondly how big Foz showed up and to see what you thought of Cain Southernwood.
I did read the report on the above sight and am in general slightly confused as to what is going on from a Dewsbury fans perspective (do your fans use another fans forum?)
Sorry for my ignorance, look forward to a reply (probably from the Ostrich - if not will have to ask Rob afer xmas break!) .
All the best !
:ASK: Was going to ask the question on your opinions regarding your friendly game with Batley - i wanted to see what you thought about the performance of our youngster Billy Harris, dont know how much game time he got, secondly how big Foz showed up and to see what you thought of Cain Southernwood.
All the best !

The Ostrich is certainly not a Bulldog Fan. We are fans who are trying to drag our heads out of the sand and face reality. Foz got man of the match but the Rams fans didnt think he deserved it. Southernwood has lost a little sparkle. Harris didnt shine. Tha match report is an amalgam of several opinions compiled by our ex Ram reporter and the Attendance is accurate..
RankPostsTeam
International Star65No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 pm  
Thanks for both your replies, i did have a nosey around general forums last night in an atempt to answer my own question and found totalrlforum so suspected this to be the case.
Im sure you will find Billy to be a beneficial player for you over the coming season, in a similar way to what i expected in the long run you would get when signing Dom Maloney from us a few years back (different type of player obviously).
Im sure if he comes, you will also be more than happy with young James Clare - he will prove a handfull at this level and it will hopefully have him better prepared to step up to super league the year after.
Must now ask the question as i am intrigued - why does the Ostrich feel Dewsbury fans have there head in the sand, and is Crown Flatts comment purely tongue in cheek or is the Ostrich and his assosiates rocking the boat in some way ?
Again sorry for the ignorance im only trying to be educated as the only knowledge i have about your club aside from our enjoyable visits there sat on the grass in the sun whilst in the national leagues comes from a couple of your players i know - fans and player views are often different as both generaly come from different perspectives.
RankPostsTeam
International Star65No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 pm  
Sorry, correction i meant Frown Clatts :DOH:
RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 04 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm  
It's nice someone from another club is showing an interest in the Ostriches. The chairman is a lovely man but seems to employ staff who are unsuitable. for the tasks allocated. Last year he kept a coach who had won something like 10 games in 3 seasons in the championship. He is still there and the non Ostrich element seem to think he has altered his methods and will be successful this year. In the close season the club "sacked " the stewards, many who were long term fans and worked for as little as £15. Glad you enjoyed your time on the grass banks. These areas are now off limits and fans are no longer allowed on these for health and safety reasons. In spite of these and other misgivings the non Ostrich element are oblivious to the real situation and refuse to face the facts. the Ostriches were a group of like minded individuals who believed the ones with their heads in the sand should be educated in the ways of the world. Alas threats are generally the usual response but then again this is Dewsbury so we should expect this.
As the season progresses you will be able to see your players demoralised and eventually loose heart. The time keeper and announcer are bullies who threaten everyone and recently a long time employee has left the club for personal reasons and we have encouraged him to write for the website.
Hope you have a good new year. Fancy an Ostrich shirt?
RankPostsTeam
International Star65No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:45 am  
The Ostrich wrote:
It's nice someone from another club is showing an interest in the Ostriches. The chairman is a lovely man but seems to employ staff who are unsuitable. for the tasks allocated. Last year he kept a coach who had won something like 10 games in 3 seasons in the championship. He is still there and the non Ostrich element seem to think he has altered his methods and will be successful this year. In the close season the club "sacked " the stewards, many who were long term fans and worked for as little as £15. Glad you enjoyed your time on the grass banks. These areas are now off limits and fans are no longer allowed on these for health and safety reasons. In spite of these and other misgivings the non Ostrich element are oblivious to the real situation and refuse to face the facts. the Ostriches were a group of like minded individuals who believed the ones with their heads in the sand should be educated in the ways of the world. Alas threats are generally the usual response but then again this is Dewsbury so we should expect this.
As the season progresses you will be able to see your players demoralised and eventually loose heart. The time keeper and announcer are bullies who threaten everyone and recently a long time employee has left the club for personal reasons and we have encouraged him to write for the website.
Hope you have a good new year. Fancy an Ostrich shirt?

Ok, feel i have unknowingley entered internal club wars.
I take it from your comments you have a similar opinion of your Chairman to a good cross section of Salford fans towards John Wilkinson, and very little time or a severe lack of belief in Warren Jowitt - was Warren the coach when you were promoted to National League One ? i thought that year you could have given a lot of League one clubs a run for there money, what went wrong, obvoiusly last year was a huge disapointment and although for me only speaking to players, seeing your games on t.v and reading reports in the papers i gather it must have been tough (i understand that as we have been through two relegations ourselves, didnt get a repreive mind :wink: ).
For what reason were the stewards dismissed, what is it the time keeper and announcer do and to who to make them bullies ?
I get a section of like minded fans becoming disalusioned, think its natural to voice your opinions and get a feeling of frustration at other fans 'not seeing the light' - i must admit i find ''trying to educate these fans'' a little condesending and feel everyone regardless as to right or wrong has a right to there opinion.
What is it you/your group do/say to get a reaction of threat fro other non like minded fans ?
Must admit your assesment of the effect of your club on our youngsters does not fill me with confidence but i have planned on a trip to one of your games for a while now to meet with family of players - maybe its time i came to see for myself !
Thankyou for the offer of an Ostrich shirt and feel it would be rde to decline although in all honesty i think i would like to form my own opinions to what i think before 'wearing my scarf' and risking offending one or the other segment of your crowd - maybe ill just go in my Cas top and offend both segments :wink:
Happy new year to you - i will stay in touch and hopefully see you for one of your friendly's/home games soon,
Regards !
RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 04 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 am  
The Ostriches have no animosity whatsoever to the Rams fans. The website shows what is happening at the club. Little things like the bar shutting at half time, the grass bankings being closed, the accounts from last year, employing staff incapable of performing to a civilised standard, groups of violent and offensive fans acting with impunity and sacking the stewards.
I post updates here, others do the website. No one has to read the Ostrich website but the official Rams site comments on very little and none of the above.
We provide an alternative view and that is all.
Sadly too many people find education offensive, a sign of the times.
I enjoy seeing fans from other clubs wearing their club shirt.
RankPostsTeam
International Star829No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th May 15 18:0120th Feb 15 16:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: SEASON PEAKS A LITTLE EARLY : Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:20 pm  
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Next