JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 27 20213 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 12:1525th Apr 24 10:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

HULL KR BOD : Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 pm  
I occasionally read other independent RL forums as well as keeping updated on here. Was amazed to read about the new additions to your Board of Directors, You really have some serious investors cum business men on board now. Looks like HKR have some huge finance behind them at the moment and some extremely impressive plans to not only update your stadium and also new builds around the ground as well as serious developments on the ground purchased surrounding the stadium.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1298No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 200618 years196th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 17:452nd May 24 17:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.

Re: HULL KR BOD : Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:33 pm  
REVENUE wrote:
I occasionally read other independent RL forums as well as keeping updated on here. Was amazed to read about the new additions to your Board of Directors, You really have some serious investors cum business men on board now. Looks like HKR have some huge finance behind them at the moment and some extremely impressive plans to not only update your stadium and also new builds around the ground as well as serious developments on the ground purchased surrounding the stadium.

Really exciting times at Hull KR. The new board at HKR won't have anything to do with the playing side but will work to make the club self sustainable or as Neil Hudgell would say able to 'wipe it's own face'.

Already we see a major concert booked for Craven Park with 2 or 3 more to be announced. This is a huge income generator the envy of clubs who don't own their own stadium. The surrounding few acres have huge income generating potential which possibly was the attraction for builders Sewell Group and building supply company MKM.

On the field you can't guarantee anything but having been way below the salary cap for a few years now Rovers are spending an extra £350k to bring the club to maximum cap - well there's a little left over for a another signing just in case which is standard practice.

Still the bookies say this extra spend will see Rovers actually dropping from 8th to 11th. We'll see.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12590
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 08:173rd May 24 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: HULL KR BOD : Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:55 am  
It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Certainly, they’re very impressive appointments.

Non-executive, so oversight and advice is how you’d normally interpret that… but the impression I got from the interviews is that they will be looking to drive change.

On the Rugby side, the extra spend should shift the odds in our favour. I do worry that the club will continue to believe in the values espoused by the SL era’s successful clubs, rather than seeing clearly what they really do. On the other hand, that era is coming to an end and the opportunities and incentives might change a bit and hopefully for the better.
RankPostsTeam
International Star866No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 201014 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 08:2927th Apr 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Skysports.com wrote: 'There was still time for Murrell to knock over a drop-goal into the sea of delirious red and white behind the posts. The Black and Whites were already heading disconsolately home'.

Re: HULL KR BOD : Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:31 pm  
His Bobness wrote:
Really exciting times at Hull KR. The new board at HKR won't have anything to do with the playing side but will work to make the club self sustainable or as Neil Hudgell would say able to 'wipe it's own face'.

Already we see a major concert booked for Craven Park with 2 or 3 more to be announced. This is a huge income generator the envy of clubs who don't own their own stadium. The surrounding few acres have huge income generating potential which possibly was the attraction for builders Sewell Group and building supply company MKM.

On the field you can't guarantee anything but having been way below the salary cap for a few years now Rovers are spending an extra £350k to bring the club to maximum cap - well there's a little left over for a another signing just in case which is standard practice.

Still the bookies say this extra spend will see Rovers actually dropping from 8th to 11th. We'll see.

Good post espeically the bit about self sustainability and i appreciate the rest of the post, but I don't think the bit highlighted is entirely true about them all not investing in the playing side espeically concerning James Mcnicol, the first member to join the BOD and arguably the richest/the money man. He quoted when joined as follows - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ol-7919098
"I want kids Then later in life be able to say I went to watch one of the best rugby league teams in the world. I understand you will not get that by not putting money into the club. I don’t need to own the club to put money into it".
I believe every member will have different roles and various expertise but cold hard cash in its simplest form will certainly be made available to accelerate plans. Every single one of them has stated its ambition to be a perennial top 4 club. Its got so much potential all this.
His Bobness wrote:

Good post espeically the bit about self sustainability and i appreciate the rest of the post, but I don't think the bit highlighted is entirely true about them all not investing in the playing side espeically concerning James Mcnicol, the first member to join the BOD and arguably the richest/the money man. He quoted when joined as follows - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ol-7919098
"I want kids Then later in life be able to say I went to watch one of the best rugby league teams in the world. I understand you will not get that by not putting money into the club. I don’t need to own the club to put money into it".
I believe every member will have different roles and various expertise but cold hard cash in its simplest form will certainly be made available to accelerate plans. Every single one of them has stated its ambition to be a perennial top 4 club. Its got so much potential all this.