JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years30th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 18:3512th May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:15 pm  
Are you sitting comfortably then I'll begin!!!!! :lol:

After his length of service I just thought this deserved a a thread of its own

This might not make me very popular, but the news that James Clark is the latest casualty of our restructuring as a Club will please a lot on here because particularly since he has been involved in recruitment he has certainly had his critics. However, I just want to put the record straight about a bloke that I was first involved with when he joined the club in the marketing department. James has always been 100% Hull FC and always acted I believe in the best interest of the Club, at times I hope he won’t mind me saying, at the cost of his own health. But as incrementally money got tighter and tighter more and more was foisted on him as personal left to not be replaced and he had to take up the reigns. Some of his latter duties I think it is fair to say, saw him outside his comfort zone. Back in 2015 we had Adam a head of Marketing a head of retail, a head of community and development and a chief Financial Officer; now we had Clarky.

You see I have worked with him over the years particularly in the first 6 or so on season ticket schemes, running fans forums getting fans involved with the players setting up junior fans involvement scheme and when we had a working fans group (FC Voices) he was always willing to meet with us and discuss the fans issues which he always actioned where he could. He was completely accessible to us whether in or outside working hours. I have wondered how with a young family he was able to spend so much time at the club but I guess he was dedicated to the task.

His protection of his staff during Covid and the way we as a club got through that was in many parts down to him, but his role as far as some fans were concerned was always going to be a thankless task. His comparing forums, player of the year events etc. saved the club thousands over the years and its perhaps little known that as well as the massive workload he had put on him he still took time to sit on Kirk Yeaman’s and several other players benefit Committee’s. Many of the initiatives he launched are now part and parcel of the FC Calendar and will be for many years to come. I don’t keep in contact with him now as we all move on, but I don’t expect he’s changed that much.

All that said I have to say that for me. it is a wise decision by whoever made it, and one that fits into the changing scene, nay renaissance we are seeing at the club. It was his time and it appears too that there is a strain on his family life which he is right to address. Did he leave or was he pushed? Well, who knows new faces new ideas and ego’s to manage no doubt!!! however, the time is right and we move on, but I hope that Adam taking over the CE role is not yet another cost cutting exercise but an indicator of money and changing ‘management’ coming into the clubs as it is restructured at the top as well as everywhere else. Businesses have to evolve to thrive and grow and there are casualties so we the customers who can’t move on have to just watch what happens next.

Some will as I say be dancing in the street with this announcement and as I said above it is the right thing at the right time, for the club we all love but he did a lot of good too, and that deserves at least a few lines on here. (I don’t’ do a few lines do I?) but now we should all be watchful have faith but be careful what we wish for.

Good Luck Clarky in whatever you do in the future and thanks at least from me for all you’ve done to help me over the years.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player274No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 10 20231 year200th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 00:2117th May 24 08:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm  
The Dentist Wilf wrote:

This might not make me very popular, but the news that James Clark is the latest casualty of our restructuring as a Club will please a lot on here because particularly since he has been involved in recruitment he has certainly had his critics. However, I just want to put the record straight about a bloke that I was first involved with when he joined the club in the marketing department. James has always been 100% Hull FC and always acted I believe in the best interest of the Club, at times I hope he won’t mind me saying, at the cost of his own health. But as incrementally money got tighter and tighter more and more was foisted on him as personal left to not be replaced and he had to take up the reigns. Some of his latter duties I think it is fair to say, saw him outside his comfort zone. Back in 2015 we had Adam a head of Marketing a head of retail, a head of community and development and a chief Financial Officer; now we had Clarky.

You see I have worked with him over the years particularly in the first 6 or so on season ticket schemes, running fans forums getting fans involved with the players setting up junior fans involvement scheme and when we had a working fans group (FC Voices) he was always willing to meet with us and discuss the fans issues which he always actioned where he could. He was completely accessible to us whether in or outside working hours. I have wondered how with a young family he was able to spend so much time at the club but I guess he was dedicated to the task.

His protection of his staff during Covid and the way we as a club got through that was in many parts down to him, but his role as far as some fans were concerned was always going to be a thankless task. His comparing forums, player of the year events etc. saved the club thousands over the years and its perhaps little known that as well as the massive workload he had put on him he still took time to sit on Kirk Yeaman’s and several other players benefit Committee’s. Many of the initiatives he launched are now part and parcel of the FC Calendar and will be for many years to come. I don’t keep in contact with him now as we all move on, but I don’t expect he’s changed that much.

All that said I have to say that for me. it is a wise decision by whoever made it, and one that fits into the changing scene, nay renaissance we are seeing at the club. It was his time and it appears too that there is a strain on his family life which he is right to address. Did he leave or was he pushed? Well, who knows new faces new ideas and ego’s to manage no doubt!!! however, the time is right and we move on, but I hope that Adam taking over the CE role is not yet another cost cutting exercise but an indicator of money and changing ‘management’ coming into the clubs as it is restructured at the top as well as everywhere else. Businesses have to evolve to thrive and grow and there are casualties so we the customers who can’t move on have to just watch what happens next.

Some will as I say be dancing in the street with this announcement and as I said above it is the right thing at the right time, for the club we all love but he did a lot of good too, and that deserves at least a few lines on here. (I don’t’ do a few lines do I?) but now we should all be watchful have faith but be careful what we wish for.

Good Luck Clarky in whatever you do in the future and thanks at least from me for all you’ve done to help me over the years.

Well put as always Pete, good luck for the future James.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 21:1416th May 24 18:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:37 pm  
I thank him for his service but its clear there have been ups and downs for the club both on and off the field and perhaps best for a fresh start.

This for me is further confirmation that we have significant investment, perhaps more will be revealed when a new CEO is revealed.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4543No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 13 200519 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 17:4916th May 24 09:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer"

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:40 pm  
Reading the press release and statement by AP it sounds like a bit of jump and push tbh.
Either way it increasingly feels like a fresh start for the club.
AP is taking on CEO for the time being with an eye to chairman and CEO being separate roles long term.
Good luck to Clarky in the future, its clear he has lived and breathed the club for the last 15 years whatever else you think.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1402
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years94th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 24 18:0216th May 24 17:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm  
The Dentist Wilf wrote:

Some will as I say be dancing in the street with this announcement and as I said above it is the right thing at the right time, for the club we all love butG he did a lot of good too, and that deserves at least a few lines on here. (I don’t’ do a few lines do I?) but now we should all be watchful have faith but be careful what we wish for.

Great post and summary.

Anyone who serves our club should be thanked and respected. I think it is apparent that more responsibility had been placed on James’ role. It is probably unfair that he took the brunt of the criticism with our recent recruitment. Ultimately it is a collective responsibility, although we may complain about player contracts, pay and term, Clarky never once missed a tackle, knocked on or gave away a penalty. Additionally, his commercial achievements should be applauded.

I always presumed a new investor would want a new CEO or a say in how the club is run.

Thanks Clarky and all the best for the future.
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player218
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 20240 years178th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 07:5817th May 24 10:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 1:49 pm  
Don't think anyone can ever doubt his commitment to the club. For that, he will always have my thanks and best wishes going forward.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 201212 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 24 00:312nd May 24 14:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 pm  
Massive thanks to Clarky. He took a lot of unfair stick. Worked his booty off for the club and did lots of good things. Not his fault he was asked to take on roles he was simply not qualified for.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 201212 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 pm  
Massive thanks to Clarky. He took a lot of unfair stick. Worked his booty off for the club and did lots of good things. Not his fault he was asked to take on roles he was simply not qualified for.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 201212 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 2:24 pm  
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 200618 years203rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 24 21:4014th May 24 17:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.

Re: James Clark : Thu May 02, 2024 5:45 pm  
So will the savings on James Clark's salary be going into the club or into Adam Pearson's pocket?

I think we know the answer.
Next