Player Coach950
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years153rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 20:2510th May 24 19:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the land of wishful thinking once more. Patiently waiting for our time to finally arrive.
Signature
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011.

Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony.

I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:24 pm  
davey41 wrote:
Do wonder if that forward pass had been Wigan or Saints if it would have been given?

I know the ball travelled forward but I thought the rule was that if the ball travels backwards out of the hands, but momentum takes it forward, then it’s okay? This looked a classic case of that?

That was exactly my thought when watching the replay on the big screen yesterday. The ball definitely went forward (in relation to the ground) but, as you say, it's the direction it's moving at the point of leaving the passer's hands that's key, and to me it looked like Walker released it backward but his own forward motion then projected the ball forward.

It looked to me like a perfect example of the much discussed (and usually misunderstood) 'momentum rule' which always got a weekly airing when Mike Stephenson was still commentating on Sky!

At best it was a 50/50 call which unfortunately didn't go our way, compounded by the fact that from that point onwards we completely lost our bearings! nearly paying the price. I'm still not sure how on earth we got out of jail yesterday. I didn't know what to think as I was leaving the ground; shock, relief, annoyance, perplexed, all of the above, same as everyone else I suspect. These are tough times, that's for sure.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7081No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 00:2912th May 24 00:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:50 pm  
scarrie wrote:
Did Severs ever come on?
If not, then I really don't understand why he was on the bench.

Severs didnt come on
Think Old Tony is becoming the Joe Biden of Rugby League and forgot he was on the bench
RankPostsTeam
International Star7081No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:52 pm  
Quirkyusername wrote:
No, my name’s Mike. It’s draining reading whine, whine, whine. Try picking a positive or two out of a performance instead of just the negatives.

Watched it again and still cant find a positive
RankPostsTeam
International Star7081No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:03 pm  
scarrie wrote:
If Carlos can get back to somewhere near his old form and Sutcliffe can put a string of games together then the 3/4 line doesn't look too bad.

Think its time now that Tinkering Tony move Tuimavave into the second row.
Masterstroke for Smith if it comes off and Its likely to be his last season here so nothing to lose
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7230
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 19:199th May 24 17:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:19 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Watched it again and still cant find a positive
Not even a win ? Staverly? Martin try ? Loan duo ? Ashworth continued displays ? Walker overall performance? .
RankPostsTeam
International Star1355No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201212 years142nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 15:349th May 24 12:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:59 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
Not even a win ? Staverly? Martin try ? Loan duo ? Ashworth continued displays ? Walker overall performance? .

There were some good individual performances.
I'm particularly pleased about Staveley and Martin's performances yesterday, they look like they could make the grade for SL.

But unfortunately aside from good individual performances it again was not a good team performance.

I'll take losing if we play well but yesterday just felt like a hollow victory. Even the sight of 2 points in our league position didn't fully dispel how poor an afternoon it was for us, struggling to beat a newly promoted Championship level team.

I'll take the win but I need to see an improvement in all facets of our play and a massive improvement in our discipline.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7081No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:13 pm  
hull2524 wrote:

and we were getting on so well
I am looking for the positves in our play like structure,fluent attack and dogged defence and i see nada.
I also have to question leaving a player on the bench.Whats the point? That surely has to be a coaching error including him in the first place given he left Hoy and Balmforth out.
You know my thoughts on Walker as i advocated on here we should sign him when he became available and Ashworth has surpassed my expectations but to laud and suggest we sign the recent loan duo as one or two are suggesting is crazy and will make little difference to where we are likely to finish in the League this season.
the young players Stavely and Martin deserve to keep their places in the team
RankPostsTeam
International Star1413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years66th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 10:1320th Apr 24 13:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:15 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Slept on it and watched the highlights this morning, I couldn't face watching the full game yet.

Wish Smith would have been honest about Hoy, no way based in performances should he have been dropped, particularly for Charles, he has looked our biggest threat at halfback before todays game, so either he has been a naughty boy or Smith is losing it. It's a real shame as with Hoy at 6, think he would have run riot with the space given by London and our offload game.

On to the game, I'm not sure the London halfbacks will kick that good again this season, they attacking kicks were near perfect.

Sao shouldn't have offloaded but shouldn't have been put in that position my Smith, he should have taken control and kicked, as someone has mentioned, Smith isn't the answer long term, but is a decent backup half and hooker.

Not much more to be said that already hasn't been said, there were some positives, but lots of negatives.

Last thing and this has annoyed me a bit, the mention on social media form Hull and other fans about us celebrating the win, we scored a last minute try to win our first game in months, we have 18 year on debut, a young kid scoring his first try, what do you expect the players to do, I'd have been more worried if they hadn't celebrated that try and win.

Id brought up the bit about sao shouldnt of been given the ball there, i cant bag morgan smith too much as he gives his all, unfortunatley hes not the level of organising halfback we need. HUge drop off in level from Clifford.

Its been scattergun recruitment on a poor budget, so weve make does and square pegs in round holes.

Next seasons massive for recruitment , il keep saying it no covid handcuffs, big income from sponsers, corperate, merchandise and passes lets have it spent on marquees now
RankPostsTeam
International Star1413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years66th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 10:1320th Apr 24 13:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:19 pm  
Hasbag wrote:
Don't know what it is about Okunbor. I think it's because looks like a lazy player and at times quite lost of the pitch. Doesn't run the ball in with much conviction. I've been defending him so far and I still think he has the physical attributes to become a decent player he just needs to work harder and apply himself more.
But then I look at the stats and he was our 4th highest tackler. Made more metres than Lane, Brown, Staveley. Average gain of 8 metres which isn't bad.
I think we need to give him the ball more because even when he runs lazily he can make good metres after contact.
First kick of the game we went high to him and he easily got above the defenders was just unlucky not to take the ball in. Not sure why we're not kicking to him more regular since he will have the height advantage against just about anybody he's lines up against. Maybe he's just not calling for the ball but other players are. I don't know.
Wouldn't be against trying him on the wing if the chance comes up but I think Mcintosh has started really well to be fair to him, and Martin and Tindall will be battling out the left wing spot.

I thought he had a decent game, the ball steal near the end he was very unlucky it went against him.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7230
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 19:199th May 24 17:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: London at home : Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:29 pm  
bonaire wrote:
and we were getting on so well
I am looking for the positves in our play like structure,fluent attack and dogged defence and i see nada.
I also have to question leaving a player on the bench.Whats the point? That surely has to be a coaching error including him in the first place given he left Hoy and Balmforth out.
You know my thoughts on Walker as i advocated on here we should sign him when he became available and Ashworth has surpassed my expectations but to laud and suggest we sign the recent loan duo as one or two are suggesting is crazy and will make little difference to where we are likely to finish in the League this season.
the young players Stavely and Martin deserve to keep their places in the team
Good points . We do agree on more things this year. But work in progress :lol:
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
4m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
6m
Shay rent