FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:52 pm  
Herman has a slight knock anyway so the ban probably helps him rest it rather than play with it and make it worse
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:17 am  
The segment with Wilkin & JJB trying to show how Watts should have tackled Dupree was farcical . We'd probably get a lot more defenders with head injuries from the ball carrying arm of the attacker . You could sense between them they knew they were talking shoite .
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:40 am  
B0NES wrote:
The segment with Wilkin & JJB trying to show how Watts should have tackled Dupree was farcical . We'd probably get a lot more defenders with head injuries from the ball carrying arm of the attacker . You could sense between them they knew they were talking shoite .


I think they need to start showing old clips of these pundits and those taking legal action playing years ago, guarantee that not every tackle they made wasnt legal! The players arent robots, mistakes happen.
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 pm  
B0NES wrote:
The segment with Wilkin & JJB trying to show how Watts should have tackled Dupree was farcical . We'd probably get a lot more defenders with head injuries from the ball carrying arm of the attacker . You could sense between them they knew they were talking shoite .


I totally agreed with Wilkin tonight in everything he said regarding the game , I wonder how long before Sky will be whispering in the ears of the SL/RFL about the quality of the games we are now witnessing .
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:16 am  
B0NES wrote:
I totally agreed with Wilkin tonight in everything he said regarding the game , I wonder how long before Sky will be whispering in the ears of the SL/RFL about the quality of the games we are now witnessing .

Too late for FC 2 of the most ridiculous red cards in the history of the game and as Uncle Tony said “it has repercussions for the future” I took to mean he doesn’t have the banned players available for future games. I’m losing the ability to breathe.
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:44 pm  
Armavinit wrote:
Too late for FC 2 of the most ridiculous red cards in the history of the game and as Uncle Tony said “it has repercussions for the future” I took to mean he doesn’t have the banned players available for future games. I’m losing the ability to breathe.


Looks like Hull are top of the list of being shafted this year , its ridiculous . Any more of this and I am done watching RL. If past and present players where that concerned about head injuries they should have been wearing skull caps , not many around these days, so the players who are whinging cant have been that concerned .

That last night was the most retarded red card ive seen .
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:01 pm  
As we started all this controversy with the sending off of Sao,Pele and the card suspension for Essee i wonder if it will be Hull FC that finishes all these ridiculous new rules given last nights red card decision.
Such is the backlash in the sport there is no way that Brown will be suspended but the RFL will have to go away and rethink the game.
Wonder which team will be the first to walk off the pitch if this continues
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:11 pm  
Armavinit wrote:
Too late for FC 2 of the most ridiculous red cards in the history of the game and as Uncle Tony said “it has repercussions for the future” I took to mean he doesn’t have the banned players available for future games. I’m losing the ability to breathe.


Repercussions could well mean the future of the sport as SKY and other stakeholders may well decide that they’ve had enough of the way the sport is governed and the ineptitude of those involved.
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:16 pm  
bonaire wrote:
As we started all this controversy with the sending off of Sao,Pele and the card suspension for Essee i wonder if it will be Hull FC that finishes all these ridiculous new rules given last nights red card decision.
Such is the backlash in the sport there is no way that Brown will be suspended but the RFL will have to go away and rethink the game.
Wonder which team will be the first to walk off the pitch if this continues


Don't bet on it. There was widespread criticism of Watts' red card but he was still banned. Based on Griffiths' comments to Brown "forceful and dangerous, there's no mitigation" Brown is potentially looking at a five to six game ban.
Re: Possible fall out from Rnd 1 of 2024 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:26 pm  
bonaire wrote:
As we started all this controversy with the sending off of Sao,Pele and the card suspension for Essee i wonder if it will be Hull FC that finishes all these ridiculous new rules given last nights red card decision.
Such is the backlash in the sport there is no way that Brown will be suspended but the RFL will have to go away and rethink the game.
Wonder which team will be the first to walk off the pitch if this continues


I think it was Bradford that walked off the pitch in the old Northern days after they had a
Number of players sent off, I think it was against rovers (could be wrong).
PreviousNext

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC