JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 22:105th May 24 12:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 pm  
Are the actual scores by metric available anywhere? Read a couple of articles but they just seem to be speculation about category performance, not specifics.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16926No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 12:064th May 24 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:37 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
Are the actual scores by metric available anywhere? Read a couple of articles but they just seem to be speculation about category performance, not specifics.

Doesnt seem like they are releasing the specifics, I suppose for now they are draft grades to give the clubs chance to improve over the next year
BP1 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach948
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years153rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 13:534th May 24 16:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the land of wishful thinking once more. Patiently waiting for our time to finally arrive.
Signature
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011.

Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony.

I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.

Re: IMG score : Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 pm  
UllFC wrote:
I actually think Maurice Lindsay had the right idea when SL started that we needed teams in big cities but suggesting mergers put everyone off. Had the game really focused on Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Hull who knows where it might be now.

RLs always had an odd terriotory tho, big in Wigan but not in Bolton up the road, popular across Cumbria but not Carlisle etc that holds us back

It's always been the single biggest challenge for the sport, how to change the demographic of its fanbase. Specifically, how to get it into the major cities and sporting catchment areas.

Unfortunately, that requires not only significant investment, but also investment over a sustained period of time, and it's investment the game simply doesn't have, especially in these financially straitened times. Expansion is hardly on the agenda for most areas of business in 2023/24 let alone one as cash-strapped as RL with a too narrow concentrated audience.

I think you're right, the time to make a move like this was in 1996, not 2023, I think it's far too late now, the ship has long sailed for it to happen to any meaningful degree.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2307
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years36th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 22:343rd May 24 22:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 pm  
BP1 wrote:
It's always been the single biggest challenge for the sport, how to change the demographic of its fanbase. Specifically, how to get it into the major cities and sporting catchment areas.

Unfortunately, that requires not only significant investment, but also investment over a sustained period of time, and it's investment the game simply doesn't have, especially in these financially straitened times. Expansion is hardly on the agenda for most areas of business in 2023/24 let alone one as cash-strapped as RL with a too narrow concentrated audience.

I think you're right, the time to make a move like this was in 1996, not 2023, I think it's far too late now, the ship has long sailed for it to happen to any meaningful degree.

Erm, has anyone else noticed that a Rugby League World Cup has been cancelled in France due to lack of funding and Rugby Union have filled stadia in the same country with theirs. There’s the rub, we not only compete with RFU but the major sport in this country, football. RL was born from RFU clubs having to cut costs to survive, cutting 2 players (flankers) to save costs and we’ve been doing it ever since. :CRAZY:
Steve0 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 03 200321 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 22:025th May 24 21:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:00 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:

I think it's up to the clubs to release them individually, some have
RankPostsTeam
International Star441No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 201310 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 15:434th May 24 07:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:52 am  
Whatamidoinghere? wrote:
Craven street is honestly awful… I attended a game with my grandfather who is a rovers fan and wasn’t impressed at all…. But if spare land they’ve shoved a few burger vans on.

Think we need to give IMG a chance. The game has been stale for 50 years. Heres a message from my same grandad about the state of the sport:

It’s strange to say but Rugby League has hardly grown since the early 50s, if at all. There were 30 teams, sometimes 32 in the old Rugby League table and, in total, about the same now. There were teams like Streatham and Mitcham, Merthyr Tydfil, Acton and Willesden, Liverpool City, Huyton, Brighouse Rangers, Nottingham City and many many more. Many with NO rugby league tradition. Only the traditional ones live on, it seems. So what is the powers that be doing wrong? It’s a strange one eh? The North, and RL territory, in particular, is a puzzle. What do you think?

I’m not interested in a squabble about who’s bigger or better in Hull, both clubs getting an A grade is good news.

But Craven streat is far from awful. Let’s not over complicate it in that it’s some luxury bespoke dining option, but what it is is an opportunity for the club to generate additional revenue which would either be spent elsewhere or not at all. It’s also great for the fan experience - live music, street food options, kids activities etc. It becomes much more of an event and much more memorable for the fan - equating to an increased spend and increased chance of return. We’ve now seen charities getting involved promoting there issues, we have seen pop up retail stores from other brands, and we have seen social media figures & “influencers” (No, me neither) gaining social media traction after visiting. All of that is a net positive for the club and to a lesser extent wider game.

It’s why most clubs are trying to replicate something similar
Easty 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14300
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200321 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 20:265th Apr 24 19:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.

Re: IMG score : Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:20 pm  
Whatamidoinghere? wrote:
Craven street is honestly awful… I attended a game with my grandfather who is a rovers fan and wasn’t impressed at all…. But if spare land they’ve shoved a few burger vans on.

Think it's a bit more then that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-L6ebFRUIw
Whatamidoinghere? wrote:

Think it's a bit more then that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-L6ebFRUIw
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8673
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200519 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 12:244th May 24 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Re: IMG score : Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:54 pm  
Rugby League will be here in the same guise as it was before, when IMG are no longer involved. The sooner the better as well. Clueless yanks.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16926No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 12:064th May 24 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:03 pm  
Armavinit wrote:
Erm, has anyone else noticed that a Rugby League World Cup has been cancelled in France due to lack of funding and Rugby Union have filled stadia in the same country with theirs. There’s the rub, we not only compete with RFU but the major sport in this country, football. RL was born from RFU clubs having to cut costs to survive, cutting 2 players (flankers) to save costs and we’ve been doing it ever since. :CRAZY:

The cancellation of the France World Cup is sadly typical RL. Both French teams made their grand finals this year, stadiums and training grounds in France have just had a spruce up for the Union WC and Olympics...im pretty sure if most games were in the south of france people would turn up. But it all fallen apart.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7044No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years7th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 00:306th May 24 00:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG score : Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 pm  
mean_machine wrote:
I’m not interested in a squabble about who’s bigger or better in Hull, both clubs getting an A grade is good news.

But Craven streat is far from awful. Let’s not over complicate it in that it’s some luxury bespoke dining option, but what it is is an opportunity for the club to generate additional revenue which would either be spent elsewhere or not at all. It’s also great for the fan experience - live music, street food options, kids activities etc. It becomes much more of an event and much more memorable for the fan - equating to an increased spend and increased chance of return. We’ve now seen charities getting involved promoting there issues, we have seen pop up retail stores from other brands, and we have seen social media figures & “influencers” (No, me neither) gaining social media traction after visiting. All of that is a net positive for the club and to a lesser extent wider game.

It’s why most clubs are trying to replicate something similar

I can see your point but the fan experience didnt do Leigh much good on their ratings and having burger bars and street food instead of a stand for spectators at HKR shouldnt be seen by IMG as a positive when stadium criteria is part of their ratings.
PreviousNext