OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:4319th Apr 24 21:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Tue May 17, 2022 6:18 pm  
bonaire wrote:
not me
Connor needs to moved from full back its clearly costing us and has been pointed out Connor hardly ever performs against better teams

He's signed for Cas anyway as Truemans replacement
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 06 20222 years262nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:5111th Apr 24 15:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Tue May 17, 2022 6:35 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Yes Connor has played six several times but Hodgson thinks he is a full back full stop.
If he had been given the time at six like he has at full back then maybe we would have seen he is more suited to the six role as his lack of pace is not exploited as much.
Just wish we could get a French or Field at the club to play full back

Well maybe next season we will have the pacy no6 who could finish off some breaks. You say Connor at fullback is costing us but I don't think he would have the amount of assists he has at fullback if he was at stand off and we certainly wouldn't have that skill from fullback if shaul was playing there. Maybe Connor's future is at 6 but I just think the way BH wants his fullback to play then Connor is the man for him
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21507
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200321 years7th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:1219th Apr 24 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Tue May 17, 2022 7:41 pm  
Our record with Connor at stand-off was pretty mixed. Lost all three last year. About a 50% record in 2020 (some at stand-off, some at scrum half).

Anyway, Trueman will be our number six next season.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 00:2219th Apr 24 20:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Tue May 17, 2022 7:56 pm  
mwindass wrote:
He's signed for Cas anyway as Truemans replacement

can he take Griffin with him
RankPostsTeam
International Star6579
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 13:2418th Apr 24 23:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Tue May 17, 2022 10:07 pm  
bonaire wrote:
can he take Griffin with him

And that one line put down, brings the majority of true fans down on you, Josh got a dreadful injury in that semi final against Saints, he’d forced his way into consideration for the English squad, has played some superb footy since joining us, overall he has been a very good signing.

He’s comeback as others have from serious injury, looking to discover that form, these players are not machines, somethings just take time, and sometimes it doesn’t happen again, regardless if you actually ever attended a game, which I find pretty much improbable, you’d probably show a little more respect to one of our senior players who very rarely let us down, your remarks are crass, and ultimately disrespectful.

You should turn that radio off, and get out more, instead of this perennial lambasting of numerous players at our club, a club who you actually are supposed to support.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3453
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 201311 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 07:4315th Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Wed May 18, 2022 5:14 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Yes Connor has played six several times but Hodgson thinks he is a full back full stop.
If he had been given the time at six like he has at full back then maybe we would have seen he is more suited to the six role as his lack of pace is not exploited as much.
Just wish we could get a French or Field at the club to play full back

I'd like to see Connor moved to the halfs as defensively at FB he'll always be exposed for his lack of pace. Of course this is offset by his creative skills going forward but as COYH stated I think Trueman will be our six next season.

It's also looking likely that Gale will be our 7 next season. I just hope he gets a good run of games behind him and proves he can still play because so far mainly due to suspension his signing has not worked.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Wed May 18, 2022 5:38 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
I'd like to see Connor moved to the halfs as defensively at FB he'll always be exposed for his lack of pace. Of course this is offset by his creative skills going forward but as COYH stated I think Trueman will be our six next season.

It's also looking likely that Gale will be our 7 next season. I just hope he gets a good run of games behind him and proves he can still play because so far mainly due to suspension his signing has not worked.

Think there is more mileage in playing Gale than Reynolds.
Gale will play against Wigan but he needs to be sensible and use his short kicking game which we still have not seen enough of to turn Wigan round with kicks into the in goal rather than dying with the ball in the opposition 10.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3453
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 201311 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 07:4315th Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Wed May 18, 2022 5:55 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Think there is more mileage in playing Gale than Reynolds.
Gale will play against Wigan but he needs to be sensible and use his short kicking game which we still have not seen enough of to turn Wigan round with kicks into the in goal rather than dying with the ball in the opposition 10.

It hasn't worked for Reynolds which is a shame because I like the enthusiasm he brings.

I'd also like to see Gale take the line on a bit more. Whether or not he is capable remains to be seen. So far it's been catch and pass and his long kicking game has been average.

We needed to move Sneyd on and I thought Gale would be an upgrade. There's plenty left in the season to show his worth. Lets give him a chance before he's written off.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3454No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years167th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:1313th Apr 24 10:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Wed May 18, 2022 6:35 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
It hasn't worked for Reynolds which is a shame because I like the enthusiasm he brings.

I'd also like to see Gale take the line on a bit more. Whether or not he is capable remains to be seen. So far it's been catch and pass and his long kicking game has been average.

We needed to move Sneyd on and I thought Gale would be an upgrade. There's plenty left in the season to show his worth. Lets give him a chance before he's written off.

From what I can see, the only chance of us having a run at the playoffs is if Gale clicks for us. We know he has the ability, we just haven't seen it yet. I'm happy to give him every chance to find some form. But I'd also be thinking about signing someone for next year.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints away : Wed May 18, 2022 7:13 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
And that one line put down, brings the majority of true fans down on you, Josh got a dreadful injury in that semi final against Saints, he’d forced his way into consideration for the English squad, has played some superb footy since joining us, overall he has been a very good signing.

He’s comeback as others have from serious injury, looking to discover that form, these players are not machines, somethings just take time, and sometimes it doesn’t happen again, regardless if you actually ever attended a game, which I find pretty much improbable, you’d probably show a little more respect to one of our senior players who very rarely let us down, your remarks are crass, and ultimately disrespectful.

You should turn that radio off, and get out more, instead of this perennial lambasting of numerous players at our club, a club who you actually are supposed to support.

Rider you dont know which games or how many games i attend so dont assume something you dont know.
With regard to your comment that Griffin has been a good signing i disagree.He has had one good season in three years.If he had been an overseas player showing the form when he first came people on here would have been calling for him to go home like we have now with Reynolds.
The so called England call up was what Wane called a meeting squad not a playing squad.Griffin has never been named in an England playing squad nor will he ever be
On the other hand Jamie Shaul actually played for England but look at the criticism he is now taking despite the fact he is still our best overall full back despite his limited attacking link ability which we know Jake Connor has.
Griffin is limited as a centre and undoubtably will end up in the second row which i have said he should months ago yet once again the so called know it alls lambasted the idea.
If you watched the Saints game Griffin was poor,lazy and didnt seen interested in the second half.If you dont agree then go onto FC live and watch the highlights and Griffins efforts for Saints last two tries.
If thats the effort we can expect from Griffin then he should be dropped until his attitude changes.
I want players who give it all on the field.Brad Fash is not the most gifted player we have but he gives 100% for the shirt and thats what i want to see.
Irrespective of our so called true fans on here who like you dont agree with my posts i will say get used to it as when i see players not pulling their weight, not good enough or the coach in my opinion getting team selection and bench selection wrong i will continue to comment whether it gets your back up or not
Finally the only other player i have lambasted on here was Yeaman who got away with too much as he was a local lad.
Good player in his prime but stole a living from the club in his final years but i guess you lot will even disagree with that
PreviousNext