Nov 19 200815 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 05:3725th Mar 24 06:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:06 pm  
Raggytash wrote:
I don't believe that's true. Justin Holbrook took a Saints team that looked finished and transformed them and he only stayed for 3 seasons. Most class Aussie coaches rarely last more than 3 seasons before they find a better job. It took Daryl Powell 1 year to get Cas to Wembley and he transformed their style of play in his very first season.

All I look for is any set plays, or stylistic differences in our play this season compared to under Radford. And I'm yet to notice anything different. Even the much talked about extra effort in defence early doors is no different to when we was playing well under Radford.

Holbrook had a better quality of players to work with though...

Makinson, Grace, Percival, Lomax, Roby, Walmsley, Knowles would all walk into our team.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:1222nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:23 pm  
mwindass wrote:

Makinson, Grace, Percival, Lomax, Roby, Walmsley, Knowles would all walk into our team.

Roby, we’ve enough pensioners :D
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:1928th Mar 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 pm  
mwindass wrote:

Yes they did, also Thompson, Taia and Fages.

On paper they had a great side including the best two props in SL.

Hodgson doesn't have that to work with.

He does have a base though and with a few quality players in the right are he should have the players to start turning us around.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6200No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200618 years96th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 24 20:4623rd Mar 24 17:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Twitter : @TheResidentPete

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:43 pm  
Raggytash wrote:
I don't believe that's true. Justin Holbrook took a Saints team that looked finished and transformed them and he only stayed for 3 seasons. Most class Aussie coaches rarely last more than 3 seasons before they find a better job. It took Daryl Powell 1 year to get Cas to Wembley and he transformed their style of play in his very first season.

All I look for is any set plays, or stylistic differences in our play this season compared to under Radford. And I'm yet to notice anything different. Even the much talked about extra effort in defence early doors is no different to when we was playing well under Radford.

The results speak for themselves so im very much on the fence with Hodgson. However that Saints team Holbrook took over was already full of championship winning players and a conveyor belt of youth talent, however he still only won a major trophy in his last season. Saints were also in a better position then we are.

The trouble with this squad is its all built on brute force so there is not alot you can do with in terms of expansive play. When we had all of Sneyd, Reynolds and Connor playing we have created space but ultimately when one piece of the jigsaw is gone we have fallen apart.

Saying all that though we should have finished higher and have said that every year since 2017. Its time for players to be moved on, they missed there chance. Im hopeful if BH can get a few players he wants then things may improve.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7772
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:2127th Mar 24 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:24 pm  
More cloak & dagger stuff from BH in the HDM regarding Ben McNamara here though not sure why he can't just come out and say one way or the other if McNamara is or isn't going to be with the club next season.

If decisions have been in terms of him staying or going then surely he or the club could let us know instead of this non committal guff that 'his future is now clear'. The club need the fans onside as much as possible and currently the way BH is coming across is just making me wonder if he's actually interested or not as its quite a negative stance particularly after the way they finished the season.

Everything just seems to be a farce as if they don't even know their booty from their elbow
More cloak & dagger stuff from BH in the HDM regarding Ben McNamara here though not sure why he can't just come out and say one way or the other if McNamara is or isn't going to be with the club next season.

If decisions have been in terms of him staying or going then surely he or the club could let us know instead of this non committal guff that 'his future is now clear'. The club need the fans onside as much as possible and currently the way BH is coming across is just making me wonder if he's actually interested or not as its quite a negative stance particularly after the way they finished the season.

Everything just seems to be a farce as if they don't even know their booty from their elbow
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:30 pm  
Chris71 wrote:

I agree wtf was that, between the lines he’s probably off, logically you’d think, if he had signed, they would say so, who knows it’s like espionage. Maybe big Maccas taken him under his wing at Cats.
Chris71 wrote:

I agree wtf was that, between the lines he’s probably off, logically you’d think, if he had signed, they would say so, who knows it’s like espionage. Maybe big Maccas taken him under his wing at Cats.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7772
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:2127th Mar 24 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:

Exactly Rider you'd think under the current malaise with the fans due to the poor season and the way the last 10/11 games have gone you'd expect the club to be doing its best to engage with its fans. For me all this sort of stuff does is antagonise us, if you can't say anything then don't say anything at all, he's either staying or going so I'm pretty sure they can at least let the fans know that without releasing details. I think the fans have supported the club fantastically well especially with not being able to see games yet they seem to think that this guff in the press is the way to treat us.

Talk about how to lose fans and alienate them.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1332
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:4326th Mar 24 09:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:

That’s what I thought. If he was staying, surely we’d just come out and say it today.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1527th Mar 24 18:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm  
Chris71 wrote:

not really bothered about McNamara
when you look at Pryce at Huddersfield who is only 18 thats what you want to see from a Half back.
McNamara is average.Will end up as a nine with a Championship club.
Have a look at the try Pryce scored at the weekend
Chris71 wrote:

when you look at Pryce at Huddersfield who is only 18 thats what you want to see from a Half back.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hodgson : Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:08 pm  
bonaire wrote:

It’s not really about that, it’s the mystery and imagination of garbled information, fed to supporters to decipher.
PreviousNext