Apr 29 201014 years233rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:1922nd Mar 24 15:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:41 am  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
People have been complaining about referees since the sport began. You hear supporters in the stands fuming at every single penalty that we concede - the ref isn't always wrong in fact in the vast majority of cases they are of course correct. Some tough calls tonight but they tend to even out. I'm sure plenty go our way that shouldn't and opposing fans in turn complain.

If we all start 'walking away' no -one will be able to walk back again as the club will go.

I agree. However, there was a glaring example of inconsistency with the way the two head tackles we’re dealt with within minutes of each other.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20 201112 years180th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:1328th Mar 24 06:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:17 am  
Rugby Raider wrote:
Our discipline is killing us.

JJ and Sao tonight both costing us tonight, just after we’d fought our way back into the game. You can say what you like about the Officials, but if you give them an opportunity to Sin Bin you, then you might end up in the Bin.

Also we are still suffering for Savelio’s ten seconds of stupidity with Jones. That’s not helped our cause one bit. We could have done with Andre tonight, against Leeds and on Sunday.

We need to cut all of this out and concentrate on our rugby.

Tough couple of games coming up, but with a few due back we might need to wait to the Derby to try and relaunch our season. After that the games are more winnable. We need to find a way to reschedule the Leigh and Salford games. I still think we’ll make the Play Offs and if we can get everyone back by the end of the month, I think we’ll also be competitive in the play offs too.

Doesn’t feel like it at the moment, but get everyone back on the pitch and we’ll be good again.

A good summary RR. At one stage I thought the comeback similar to the one I posted about pregame from 2010 was on.

Completely baffling is the fact that my post, which you answered with a comment about your dad, and was acknowledged by both Hull 2524 and Rider was deleted together with your reply post.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4628th Mar 24 12:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 am  
We need some news on signings massively.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200815 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 05:3725th Mar 24 06:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:49 am  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
We need some news on signings massively.

Some pace would be nice, we must be the slowest team in the comp.

Hodgson has obviously noticed this as we've signed Mcintosh. An athletic back rower and some spark in the middle would be helpful too!

I'm never that confident we'll finish off a break, we always seem to get pegged back.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7773
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:2128th Mar 24 14:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 am  
Thetalentboy wrote:
Chris71 wrote:
Well after watching that I can see myself walking away from the sport. Whilst we were pretty abject again and were never really going to win what really is killing the game for me is the officials. Tonight we weren’t angels and rightly got penalised for some stuff what I find hard to take is the different way Child ruled the game for us compared to St’s. Most of the night St’s we’re offside with not intent to get back onside yet Child ignored that fit the majority, nor being square and also moving off the mark again ignored, we got penalised for leading with the arm yet Walmsley on about every 3rd carry went in leading with the elbow/firearm or knee yet nothing given. The yellow for Johnstone was harsh but the yellow for Ligi was a joke considering Percivals head shot moments earlier. Plus Childs missed the punch thrown by Matautia and the amount of 6 agains he gave then yet St’s were holding down and spoiling the ptb in almost every occasion but we got little given.
The game is becoming a complete farce and whilst we are poor the officials are pretty poor too.
We really need a clear out as some players just aren’t offering anywhere near value. Our line speed both in attack and defence was laboured and we are back to having the ball move along the line but everyone’s stood still so we make no ground.
The thing is I don’t even know why I’m surprised as it’s just a common occurrence.

It’s not an airport mate you don’t need to announce your departure!

Actually thought we had a dig tonight and Got to 6 behind with a lot more players out than saints

Referees are poop in all sports even snooker today the ref made a howler by putting an Extra red back in the table

I wasn't announcing my departure but thanks for your input :roll:

Yes we had a dig but digs just aren't good enough over the 80 mins and its been happening for far too long now especially when AP claims we are in the top 3 in terms of SL salaries.

Officials are never going to be 100% correct but what really stood out last night was the difference in how Childs policed the offside and infringements around the ptb between both teams. We were guilty of a lot but as I said St's were no better in anyway with holding down, laying on, hands on the ball, not square and the amount of time they failed to get onside or make any attempt to do so yet Child ignored that. Ligi was penalised for leading with a raised arm yet Walmsley lead with his knees and elbows on several occasions and nothing seen. So the odd miss by an official here and there is to be expected but the 6 again in particular was just a farce and the difference in how he judged that between both sides was like night and day even when we'd gathered momentum so that made no difference.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4591
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200222 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 24 11:4628th Mar 24 13:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 am  
The six again is just a lottery. It’s not applied consistently in any games I’ve seen. It could be a good rule if used correctly. I don’t mind a ref being poor if he’s poor for both sides. That wasn’t the case last night.

I also think that “having a dig” isn’t enough nowadays unfortunately. Not when people are having to find the money to go, and it’s not inexpensive.
We’ve had years of “jam tomorrow “, and we’ll have that next season as well, due to some players still under contract that BH might have moved on.

Another person not happy with just “having a dig” will be the owner.
ccs 
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 201113 years161st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Aug 22 17:5120th Aug 22 16:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:29 am  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
From the Official site;

"Brett Hodgson has made three changes to the side that lined-up against Leeds Rhinos at the MKM Stadium last Thursday, with Danny Houghton, Josh Bowden and Carlos Tuimavave all dropping out"

No mention of injuries.

“Both Danny and Carlos picked up a knock from (Thursday’s) game and Josh was ill yesterday so he didn’t train and couldn’t play,” the head coach added.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ne-5733760
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
From the Official site;

"Brett Hodgson has made three changes to the side that lined-up against Leeds Rhinos at the MKM Stadium last Thursday, with Danny Houghton, Josh Bowden and Carlos Tuimavave all dropping out"

No mention of injuries.

“Both Danny and Carlos picked up a knock from (Thursday’s) game and Josh was ill yesterday so he didn’t train and couldn’t play,” the head coach added.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ne-5733760
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:0422nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:13 am  
I have said this before and nothing has changed, I’ve watched this game of ours for nearly sixty years now, and these officials we have now are some of the worst ever, they actually manipulate games alarmingly. Child’s did even it up pathetically in the latter stages when the game was up, hammered with the six again, then one team allowed to be perpetually offside is a joke.

I’ve just watched it back, and Phil Clarke overreacting to Ligi shoulder high shot is laughable, yet nothing but a penalty after Percy does a Bureta and hits Swift full on the jaw.

Now having said that, we are nowhere near the level of a team like Saints, they seem fitter, and most importantly do the basics right, if we have a rampaging prop forward like Big Chris who busts the line almost every game, where the fxxk are our support players waiting to finish it off, Schoey or John Woods would have had a hatful of tries, after this magnificent forwards breaks. I had a run in with a poster on here, claiming Big Chris was too good for us, I apologise he was right, completely wasted in our team, it is one of the first rules you learn, back up.

We have a big pitch, with a slow team, a recipe for disaster, we are probably caught betwix and between the Radders model, and changes to personal must come, it will take time unfortunately, and it probably shows the poor standard of the competition, that we are actually able to be in a play off position.

The next stage of the bitter pill will follow at the disciplinary hearing, we’re we will get further “fair” medicine to swallow.

As an aside, cant the Sky organisation invite a guest occasionally when we are at home especially, who may have some allegiance to our club, as say when Leeds are home they have McGuire, or Huddersfield have Earl Crabtree, the list goes on, yet who do we get!

Wish list, a class nine, a half back with blistering pace, a strike centre, and a second row who can run like Phil Lowe easy fix.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:0422nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:30 am  
Freddie Miller. wrote:
A good summary RR. At one stage I thought the comeback similar to the one I posted about pregame from 2010 was on.

Completely baffling is the fact that my post, which you answered with a comment about your dad, and was acknowledged by both Hull 2524 and Rider was deleted together with your reply post.

Hi Freddie, I think Karen is overloaded with work, and she asked us all to stick pretty much Hull FC news, it’s difficult at times though, especially when people are obviously divulging very sensitive and heart tugging stories which RR did, it was a really nice post, and a shame it was deleted though.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 10:0326th Mar 24 23:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints Home : Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:33 am  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
I have said this before and nothing has changed, I’ve watched this game of ours for nearly sixty years now, and these officials we have now are some of the worst ever, they actually manipulate games alarmingly. Child’s did even it up pathetically in the latter stages when the game was up, hammered with the six again, then one team allowed to be perpetually offside is a joke.

I’ve just watched it back, and Phil Clarke overreacting to Ligi shoulder high shot is laughable, yet nothing but a penalty after Percy does a Bureta and hits Swift full on the jaw.

Now having said that, we are nowhere near the level of a team like Saints, they seem fitter, and most importantly do the basics right, if we have a rampaging prop forward like Big Chris who busts the line almost every game, where the fxxk are our support players waiting to finish it off, Schoey or John Woods would have had a hatful of tries, after this magnificent forwards breaks. I had a run in with a poster on here, claiming Big Chris was too good for us, I apologise he was right, completely wasted in our team, it is one of the first rules you learn, back up.

We have a big pitch, with a slow team, a recipe for disaster, we are probably caught betwix and between the Radders model, and changes to personal must come, it will take time unfortunately, and it probably shows the poor standard of the competition, that we are actually able to be in a play off position.

The next stage of the bitter pill will follow at the disciplinary hearing, we’re we will get further “fair” medicine to swallow.

As an aside, cant the Sky organisation invite a guest occasionally when we are at home especially, who may have some allegiance to our club, as say when Leeds are home they have McGuire, or Huddersfield have Earl Crabtree, the list goes on, yet who do we get!

Wish list, a class nine, a half back with blistering pace, a strike centre, and a second row who can run like Phil Lowe easy fix.

Good point about lack of representation on SKY, maybe the club could push for a media friendly player who is injured or ex player to appear. McRae used to be on a lot back in the day, and Kear clearly still loves us when on BBC but as you say apart from that we get little from the pundits. Not that there is much to praise right now!
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad for Catalan
Fantastic Mr
11m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Catalans Home
Builth Wells
12m
Game - Song Titles