May 02 201014 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:4326th Mar 24 09:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:48 pm  
Irregular Hoops wrote:
The PA in the South West corner was unlistenable. Was like being back at Boulevard.

They used to play the The Nolan Sisters, ‘I’m in the Mood for Dancing’, every week at the Boulevard in the late 70’s/early 80’s.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4590
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200222 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 24 11:4619th Mar 24 09:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm  
Rugby Raider wrote:
They used to play the The Nolan Sisters, ‘I’m in the Mood for Dancing’, every week at the Boulevard in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

And the ritual burning of a Dobbins scarf. I didn’t see that on the list of prohibited items last week.
I presume it’s still allowed then?
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 20213 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Aug 21 14:043rd Aug 21 21:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm  
Irregular Hoops wrote:
And the ritual burning of a Dobbins scarf. I didn’t see that on the list of prohibited items last week.
I presume it’s still allowed then?

Lol , I’d forgot about that. The rugby songs
I do miss. I cringe about the go get your …
There’s So many classic songs we could sing
About the referees whistle ( swearing ban)
Red red robin … shoot the B was
another classic I enjoyed.
Shame to say it but the shrinking fan base together with the Sl owners are strangling the life out of rugby league.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4590
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200222 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 24 11:4619th Mar 24 09:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm  
Boardwalkempire3 wrote:
Shame to say it but the shrinking fan base together with the Sl owners are strangling the life out of rugby league.

Nothing much to do on a Sunday in those days, other than rugby. Simpler times in many ways, and more enjoyable rugby wise.
Got a load of competition nowadays for our money and attention.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 20213 years279th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Aug 21 12:361st Aug 21 14:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 am  
If you state that your drink and food is part of your specific requirement then they cannot stop you as this is discrimination, a speicific criminial offence.
They can't ask you what that is as this in itself is discrimnation, just as it would be to ask you if you have been jabbed as a concessiuon to entry. They cannot ask nor demand, you self declare and they have to by law accept that that is the case. They cannot ask you for details as this breaches several laws. If they refuse entry, take SMC to the cleaners.

As for the rest, currently it just comes across as been a none pleasant experience, why would people want to spend their hard earned on something that is a negative before you even get to the match itself?
Out of loyalty to the club, maybe, but right now lots of folk are seeing it as entertainment and VfM, not just because we might have been following/supporting the club for x years and we need to keep going/putting money toward the club.
people have been seeing spending the money elsewhere, whether as individuals or with their kids elsewhere, and that is their choice based on how they see things.
If any one person or family decide not to follow the club for whatever their reason we should never question or slander that decision.

right now there's a whoe host of reasons to spend your money elsewhere, and the club/RL need to understand that why that is, see what they do in terms of making it difficult or unappealing to those people, as to why they are wanting to go elsewhere to be entertained.
Even in these uncertain times there's still more on offer than there was back in the 70s/80s, and we see how the economy is absolutely FUBAR and what is happening in our own country and abroad, that some people simply see going to a sporting event as a luxury, one they either can't afford or simply see other things as time better spent or better value for money.

to rebuild a fan base things need to change, and fast.
I'm not sure the club or RL as a whole has it within itself to grasp the changes needed or bring about those changes even if they can formulate them.
AP needs to either find a wad of mney to invest long term, to put in place the coaching staff that we need to undo the damage done by the previous regime, and get through these tough times, consider how to overcome the anchor of SMC, or, we find ourselves never competing for silverware excepeting a random CC win, or worse.

The sport as a whole, like so much in society is on its booty and it feels like last chance saloon to move the sport forward. AP doesn't, and never has had the cash, finding other investors is a huge issue.
Maybe what's needed is a share issue of some sort to generate the funds to drag ourselves upwards
RankPostsTeam
International Star1398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 19:3925th Mar 24 13:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:21 am  
It wouldn't surprise me, after the realignment of super league and the rfl, that they may buckle due to financial pressures and go back into talks with the private equity firms.

Or they could carry on being power hungry fossils cling onto the last shreds of power and strangle the remaining life out the sport.........
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain91No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 20159 years254th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Dec 23 06:5921st Nov 23 20:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 am  
The stadium is filthy and this hasn't improved since the Catalans game, no hot water in the toilets in the west stand, no paper towels to dry hands. When we left the ground via the south / west corner only one of the gates had been opened forcing everyone together, so much for covid awareness. I was already vexed off with the performance but this really wound me up.

Managed to get a ticket to the FC v Whinos game at Headingley, I know its had a revamp but it was spotless, it'll be the same at Wire and also Giants ground was clean and welcoming.

Its not good enough, I actually like the MKM stadium just wis they would clean the bloody place and steward it properly.

Anyway I regard my self as on of the faithful and will be back on Monday, but I am getting increasingly fed up with everything that SL is serving up at the moment, if we were winning id still be annoyed with the 6 again, ball strip, lack of scrums, and reffing in general.

Something has to change and quick
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:3227th Mar 24 08:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:49 pm  
Rugby Raider wrote:

And Ramona Diana ands Charmaine by the Batchelors in the late 60's :lol: :lol: :lol: If half time went on too long they played them over again too!
RankPostsTeam
International Star6834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1527th Mar 24 18:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Faithful or Foolish? - You Decide : Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:19 pm  
BumpyMcbump wrote:
If you state that your drink and food is part of your specific requirement then they cannot stop you as this is discrimination, a speicific criminial offence.
They can't ask you what that is as this in itself is discrimnation, just as it would be to ask you if you have been jabbed as a concessiuon to entry. They cannot ask nor demand, you self declare and they have to by law accept that that is the case. They cannot ask you for details as this breaches several laws. If they refuse entry, take SMC to the cleaners.

As for the rest, currently it just comes across as been a none pleasant experience, why would people want to spend their hard earned on something that is a negative before you even get to the match itself?
Out of loyalty to the club, maybe, but right now lots of folk are seeing it as entertainment and VfM, not just because we might have been following/supporting the club for x years and we need to keep going/putting money toward the club.
people have been seeing spending the money elsewhere, whether as individuals or with their kids elsewhere, and that is their choice based on how they see things.
If any one person or family decide not to follow the club for whatever their reason we should never question or slander that decision.

right now there's a whoe host of reasons to spend your money elsewhere, and the club/RL need to understand that why that is, see what they do in terms of making it difficult or unappealing to those people, as to why they are wanting to go elsewhere to be entertained.
Even in these uncertain times there's still more on offer than there was back in the 70s/80s, and we see how the economy is absolutely FUBAR and what is happening in our own country and abroad, that some people simply see going to a sporting event as a luxury, one they either can't afford or simply see other things as time better spent or better value for money.

to rebuild a fan base things need to change, and fast.
I'm not sure the club or RL as a whole has it within itself to grasp the changes needed or bring about those changes even if they can formulate them.
AP needs to either find a wad of mney to invest long term, to put in place the coaching staff that we need to undo the damage done by the previous regime, and get through these tough times, consider how to overcome the anchor of SMC, or, we find ourselves never competing for silverware excepeting a random CC win, or worse.

The sport as a whole, like so much in society is on its booty and it feels like last chance saloon to move the sport forward. AP doesn't, and never has had the cash, finding other investors is a huge issue.
Maybe what's needed is a share issue of some sort to generate the funds to drag ourselves upwards

If it was possible i honestly think Hull FC have such a loyal fan base that it would work financially .
I have doubts though the club would want to have fans holding shares and possibly some fans in the boardroom
Previous