JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:4627th Mar 24 08:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:59 am  
With the number of cases there are around now and indeed the number of people some of us know who have got it at present, I expect the main resistance is from folks who are still a bit scared to go anywhere where they are sat so close, so long, to people who are shouting and not wearing masks. The mental health aspects of this pandemic business are often under rated by those it doesn't effect and cases such as that of Piers Morgan don't help that general situation. I have been in touch with several staunch fans who are in that boat and It's going to take time for people to get back into it and get their confidence backs I believe myself that gates across sport in general will suffer for some time yet I'm sure. For many of those the fact it is on Sky has maybe made their minds up for them too. I offer that observation not as a dreadful excuse just as a fact.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain91No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 20159 years255th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Dec 23 06:5921st Nov 23 20:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:31 am  
after listening to AP on the zoom call last week a big crowd for this game and Saints is essential, out of interest what does the club receive for a televised game from Sky?
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:5926th Mar 24 23:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 am  
Thetalentboy wrote:
Some dreadful excuses there

Distracted by the olympics I'd say the opposite it's hard to truly follow it when half the stuff is during the night majority of the country won't watch highlights the next day and of course Alot of big athletes have pulled out so this will be the least valued Olympics in this country for a long time

As is friendlys how many people go to a city friendly? Hardly any

Cricket.... :lol:

Personally I find Cricket as dull as ditchwater but I do know people who are booking days and weekends away to go see it, they clearly feel it's a good way to spend their time and money. RL isn't hitting home with its marketing and hasn't done for a long time now.

You may think things I've listed are 'excuses' but a quick look at the ticket map for tonight (the new website allows you to see what seats are free) shows that we will be lucky to scrape 8k even with £5 tickets for kids and key workers, and non passholders being able to attend for the first time since last March...there's clearly a problem there. Some of it is Covid, some of it is the state of the game in general in my opinion
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4505No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 13 200519 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:2327th Mar 24 13:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer"

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:25 am  
Truthfully if I didn't have a pass I'd probably not bother tonight, I'm struggling to get enthusiastic about it as it is.
All the cancellations have killed any momentum we had with getting people back into the game. I've barely paid any attention to the results over the last few weeks with us not playing. I suspect I won't be the only one.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:5926th Mar 24 23:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 am  
scarrie wrote:
Truthfully if I didn't have a pass I'd probably not bother tonight, I'm struggling to get enthusiastic about it as it is.
All the cancellations have killed any momentum we had with getting people back into the game. I've barely paid any attention to the results over the last few weeks with us not playing. I suspect I won't be the only one.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't watch Wigan-Wire last night, when on other years I would watch 'big' games on SKY if Hull weren't playing.

The table is too lopsided, we are above Wigan but in fairness to them they've played 4 more games and won 3 more. I know there isn't an easy answer for cancelled games and how to assign points but I struggle to understand why RL has so many absentees for 'covid contacts' compared to other sports including RU which also of course features contact in the sport.

Covid has created a lot of unexpected problems of course, but even without it it is almost certain the reduced SKY deal was coming, Toronto were still likely to fold as the long term plan just wasnt there etc. SL has limped along for at least a decade now.

Only thing Hull can control is the home form, as we know it hasn't been good enough for 5 years, I've seen green shoots of improvement under Hodgson but it needs to turn into consistent performances at home.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4505No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 13 200519 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:2327th Mar 24 13:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer"

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:17 am  
UllFC wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I didn't watch Wigan-Wire last night, when on other years I would watch 'big' games on SKY if Hull weren't playing.

The table is too lopsided, we are above Wigan but in fairness to them they've played 4 more games and won 3 more. I know there isn't an easy answer for cancelled games and how to assign points but I struggle to understand why RL has so many absentees for 'covid contacts' compared to other sports including RU which also of course features contact in the sport.

Covid has created a lot of unexpected problems of course, but even without it it is almost certain the reduced SKY deal was coming, Toronto were still likely to fold as the long term plan just wasnt there etc. SL has limped along for at least a decade now.

Only thing Hull can control is the home form, as we know it hasn't been good enough for 5 years, I've seen green shoots of improvement under Hodgson but it needs to turn into consistent performances at home.

I think its the recent home form that does it. On paper tonight should be an excellent game but I can't help but feel like I am just as likely to see us plod along or get battered for 80 mins as I am to see an entertaining 80 mins, especially as we've made efforts to boost the crowd. The team usually rewards this endeavour by turning in a dire display.
That may be unfair but I find that trepidation rather than excitement is the mentality that has crept in over the last few years.
Anyway...enough gloom. Hopefully it'll be a good return.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3285
JoinedServiceReputation
May 12 201113 years161st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 13:5825th Mar 24 16:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason.
-Emmitt Smith

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:05 am  
scarrie wrote:

I don’t have a pass and aren’t bothering for much the same reason. Only habitually checking on here and Twitter has kept me aware of RL at all. Work with a few Wigan fans who’ve completely lost touch with it all as well. Tough times ahead for the sport IMO.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1222nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am  
Whilst I understand all the reasons for our fine supporters not attending matches, especially those who at present don’t feel safe, or comfortable enough due to the risk of infection.

But if you can attend, our club and AP needs its supporters more than at any other time,
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200321 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 18:0521st Jan 24 16:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
FC TILL I DIE!
[quote="Neil HFC"]Hull Kingston Rovers - Pride of Hull FC's B Team.[/quote]
Hull City Kings of Yorkshire
1. Hull City
2. Middlesbrough
3. Barnsley
4. Doncaster
5. Leeds Utd
6. Sheff Wednesday
7. Sheff Utd
8. Huddersfield

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 am  
UllFC wrote:
Personally I find Cricket as dull as ditchwater but I do know people who are booking days and weekends away to go see it, they clearly feel it's a good way to spend their time and money. RL isn't hitting home with its marketing and hasn't done for a long time now.

You may think things I've listed are 'excuses' but a quick look at the ticket map for tonight (the new website allows you to see what seats are free) shows that we will be lucky to scrape 8k even with £5 tickets for kids and key workers, and non passholders being able to attend for the first time since last March...there's clearly a problem there. Some of it is Covid, some of it is the state of the game in general in my opinion

If the Olympics was live then you might have a point that some people would be distracted by it but the fact most stuff has already happened during the night
Most people won't watch it as much as normal

You will probably be right about the crowd which does surprise me as you can't get a much better offer than £5
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner23
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200221 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Oct 23 13:242nd Jul 22 14:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
North West Coast of Ireland livin` the dream

Re: Leeds home : Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 pm  
A Supporter= someone who backs his or her team through thick and thin no matter what. All the people crying off tonight will be crying even more if the team goes belly up. I would be there like a hot if i didn't live in another country.
PreviousNext