JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:2127th Mar 24 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
With the welcome news about Jack Brown and assuming no withdrawals I'd now be looking at

Connor, Fonua, Tuimavave, Griffin, Swift, Reynolds, Sneyd, Satae, Houghton, Sao, Savelio, Ma’u, Lane

Interchanges: Johnstone, Brown, Fash, Cator

Possibly Faraimo instead of Johnstone, not quite sure on that one.

I guess it depends how Houghton is after the forearm he received from Singleton and then clashing heads or rather his face/nose on Carlos’ head.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1527th Mar 24 18:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 5:33 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Great news regarding the Jack Brown incident, finally abit of consistency which we've all been calling for and about time, let's hope it continues.........

Pigs may fly

Its consistent but the wrong decision yet again
Of course we didnt want to lose Brown but no doubt he would have received a ban but for the similar tackle from Powell.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years40th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:1222nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 5:51 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Its consistent but the wrong decision yet again
Of course we didnt want to lose Brown but no doubt he would have received a ban but for the similar tackle from Powell.

Technically it’s the correct decision, Brown’s tackle was aimed at the opponents calves, below the knee, and only pressurising the way the knee bends normally. Whilst I thought Sam Powell came in from a more sideways angle, thus any pressure would be against any natural knee movement.

But.... either are tackles that make you wince, and they are very dangerous to a standing opponent, you only need to mistime it, and terrible injuries will happen.

Could we outlaw this type of tackle, possibly if the player with the ball is held by one or more tacklers, the second or third player in could be waist high and above only. Very difficult, especially when you think as kids your taught to tackle round the legs, and it’s usually opposite to which way the knee bends.

It makes you wonder how any of us played rugby league, with the dangers to the body.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1527th Mar 24 18:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Technically it’s the correct decision, Brown’s tackle was aimed at the opponents calves, below the knee, and only pressurising the way the knee bends normally. Whilst I thought Sam Powell came in from a more sideways angle, thus any pressure would be against any natural knee movement.

But.... either are tackles that make you wince, and they are very dangerous to a standing opponent, you only need to mistime it, and terrible injuries will happen.

Could we outlaw this type of tackle, possibly if the player with the ball is held by one or more tacklers, the second or third player in could be waist high and above only. Very difficult, especially when you think as kids your taught to tackle round the legs, and it’s usually opposite to which way the knee bends.

It makes you wonder how any of us played rugby league, with the dangers to the body.

I doubt they would take this type of tackle out of the game.Every team does it as it sometimes is the only way to put the player onto the ground to slow down the play the ball.
one thing i would push would be a correct play the ball where it has to be played with the foot rather than thrown through the legs
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7772
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:2127th Mar 24 14:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm  
bonaire wrote:
I doubt they would take this type of tackle out of the game.Every team does it as it sometimes is the only way to put the player onto the ground to slow down the play the ball.
one thing i would push would be a correct play the ball where it has to be played with the foot rather than thrown through the legs

And isn’t that one of the things they said they were clamping down on last year? I agree though it’s a farce as well as the not playing the ball until you’ve regained Ex your feet which seems to have all sorts of different interpretations depending on which way the winds blowing.

Some times I just think they make the rules a little too technical and should make it much simpler snd straight forward so there’s no grey areas.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1332
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:4326th Mar 24 09:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Mon May 10, 2021 7:40 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
And isn’t that one of the things they said they were clamping down on last year? I agree though it’s a farce as well as the not playing the ball until you’ve regained Ex your feet which seems to have all sorts of different interpretations depending on which way the winds blowing.

Some times I just think they make the rules a little too technical and should make it much simpler snd straight forward so there’s no grey areas.

Yes, that’s what thought.

I can recall in our first game at Leeds last season, Shaul getting pinged on one of our first sets of the game for not playing the ball with his foot, but no one did after that all season.

Inconsistency again. If you make a rule, stick to it and apply it every time. Otherwise, don’t have the rule.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player3No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 20194 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 21 03:1911th May 21 05:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Tue May 11, 2021 5:23 am  
Quick question here as I’m trying to get hold of a Catalans ticket for my Dad. He’s been a Lottery Agent for FC for over 28 years, but has been told by the club that there are “no tickets available” for him as his membership technically qualifies as that of a staff member.

He’s gutted and disappointed with this treatment – considering he’s out on his bike every other week and has helped bring in thousands to the club over the years including throughout the pandemic. And like everyone else hasn’t been able to go to a game for over a year.

There are of course a limited number of tickets available and not everyone will be lucky enough to go, but they could at least make it a level playing field for someone who has shown so much loyalty. Not exactly the best way to show thanks.

Anyhow, I’m looking around to see if I can get him a ticket through other members if possible. Is there anyone on here who could help out or offer any solution?
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:1928th Mar 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 am  
wanchai hooker wrote:
Quick question here as I’m trying to get hold of a Catalans ticket for my Dad. He’s been a Lottery Agent for FC for over 28 years, but has been told by the club that there are “no tickets available” for him as his membership technically qualifies as that of a staff member.

He’s gutted and disappointed with this treatment – considering he’s out on his bike every other week and has helped bring in thousands to the club over the years including throughout the pandemic. And like everyone else hasn’t been able to go to a game for over a year.

There are of course a limited number of tickets available and not everyone will be lucky enough to go, but they could at least make it a level playing field for someone who has shown so much loyalty. Not exactly the best way to show thanks.

Anyhow, I’m looking around to see if I can get him a ticket through other members if possible. Is there anyone on here who could help out or offer any solution?

It's a difficult situation, but imagine if you paid for a membership and you lost out to someone who didn't have a membership.

Priority has to be for members and the clubs have to stick to the numbers, I'm sure there are a few others who work for the club, who will also miss out.

Maybe a kind hearted member will read this who isn't going and get a ticket for him or hopefully there will be a few tickets left, as I'm sure some won't use their tickets and people who give their time to the club might be rewarded.

I understand your frustration, but not really sure what the club can do.
ccs 
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 201113 years161st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Aug 22 17:5120th Aug 22 16:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?

Re: Next up Catalan : Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 am  
There will be a "legal" limit to the number of tickets being sold. If that number is very similar to the number of passholders (which it will be), the club has no option but to wait, and allocate spare tickets closer to game day. I'm sure there will be some tickets available.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years40th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:1222nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Next up Catalan : Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 am  
wanchai hooker wrote:

Hope your dad gets sorted, it’s been a rubbish year for supporters who love going to games. Hopefully rugby league, and the rest of the world can get back to something like normal :D
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
11m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
11m
Game - Song Titles