RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Round 4 v Wakefield
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:05 am  

User avatarBombed Out wrote:
Bombed Out User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 1179
Mrs Barista wrote:
Shaul is a miss because he is an experienced player in our squad who is unavailable. Matongo would have come into contention with Ma'u and Bowden out, so is a miss.
Ma'u is a 3-4 week injury based on last week's update, so 2-3 week's still. Reynolds was said to be 4-6 week's 2 weeks ago. So neither will be back according to stated timescales. As you say Bowden is likely to miss out, so that's 5-7 players missing against last year's Grand Finalists. Not negative, just factual. As you'll see from my posts after the match, I'm pretty chipper about our start to the season, but we haven't played a top side yet and now have to do so with a chunk of the squad out, possibly evem both first choice halves.Good to keep a sense of perspective I think.


Shaul being unavailable however has proved an opportunity to Connor who I feel is flourishing in that role and offers so much more in attack, so not the miss you're making it out to be in my opinion.

Ma'u and Reynolds are definite misses but again timescale not definitely known.

Matongo is a back up player at best but him missing on a positive provides an opportunity for Brown who I rate to be better.

Bowden looks to be a definite miss too so out of your 5-7 missing, I think in real terms about 3.

So keeping a good sense of perspective I prefer to look at the positives.

We've played Warrington who you keep reminding us are a top 4 team.

I suspect Wigan will be too good for us though but even they have injury problems and were playing Farrell and Isa as centres and Smithies in the back row.
French has only just come back and Field is missing also.
Just to put it into perspective and not making rash assumptions regarding players missing.

I'm glad you've been pretty chipper because we look a far better team under Hodgson but you still like that negative spin to downplay our chances, let's be positive eh.

I would like to go the season without us falling out :lol:
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:19 am  
The Hollywood Frasier User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm
Posts: 9096
Dave K. wrote:
Connor has to stay Full back, playing well there, took two wrong options but at least he is trying something.

Very safe under the high ball, solid defensively and also organising the defence really well.

He really needs to step up his positional play though as Fev caught him out with kicks behind the line.

His effort or lack of for the Wakefield kick behind the line was pretty terrible, he just didn’t follow the play at all and wasn’t even in the frame when Batchelor collected the kick.

Wane has talked about the GPS stats for high intensity efforts during the game which Connor doesn’t seem to do.
Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 am  

User avatarMrs Barista wrote:
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 28525
Location: West Yorkshire
Bombed Out wrote:
Shaul being unavailable however has proved an opportunity to Connor who I feel is flourishing in that role and offers so much more in attack, so not the miss you're making it out to be in my opinion.

Ma'u and Reynolds are definite misses but again timescale not definitely known.

Matongo is a back up player at best but him missing on a positive provides an opportunity for Brown who I rate to be better.

Bowden looks to be a definite miss too so out of your 5-7 missing, I think in real terms about 3.

So keeping a good sense of perspective I prefer to look at the positives.

We've played Warrington who you keep reminding us are a top 4 team.

I suspect Wigan will be too good for us though but even they have injury problems and were playing Farrell and Isa as centres and Smithies in the back row.
French has only just come back and Field is missing also.
Just to put it into perspective and not making rash assumptions regarding players missing.

I'm glad you've been pretty chipper because we look a far better team under Hodgson but you still like that negative spin to downplay our chances, let's be positive eh.

I would like to go the season without us falling out :lol:

This will never happen. :lol:
I'll partially concede on the Warrington point (Big 4 club for sure financially but fans baying for the coach to be binned off) but on current info we have 5 of our squad unavailable for selection next week (Reynolds, Ma'u, Bowden, Shaul and Matongo)and may end up with that number being 8 should Griffin's shoulder and Sneyd's leg prove issues and Faraimo cops a.ban. Next week is a massive test for us even at full strength and we hear nothing else about Wigan than that they never seem to weaken with players out because the next cab off the rank from the academy is of equal capability. I hope we can dig deep and find our best performance of the year so far to win because that's what it will need to be IMO. Let's return to the risk assessment after the disciplinary and squad announcements. :wink:
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:50 am  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 19412
Didn't matter in the end but why did Thaler send this up as a No Try and why didn't the video ref overrule it?

Image
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:49 pm  
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11912
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Didn't matter in the end but why did Thaler send this up as a No Try and why didn't the video ref overrule it?

Image


It's very easy to say that looking at a still picture, but Thaler was on the wrong side to see the grounding and the ball came pinging out so it would have been hard to give a try on the field. Then on the replay it did look like his hand might have come off it before he regathered again. I don't really have any issue with it being disallowed.
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:51 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 5142
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
It's very easy to say that looking at a still picture, but Thaler was on the wrong side to see the grounding and the ball came pinging out so it would have been hard to give a try on the field. Then on the replay it did look like his hand might have come off it before he regathered again. I don't really have any issue with it being disallowed.


Thaler was on the wrong side all night.
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:52 pm  
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11912
Mrs Barista wrote:
This will never happen. :lol:
I'll partially concede on the Warrington point (Big 4 club for sure financially but fans baying for the coach to be binned off) but on current info we have 5 of our squad unavailable for selection next week (Reynolds, Ma'u, Bowden, Shaul and Matongo)and may end up with that number being 8 should Griffin's shoulder and Sneyd's leg prove issues and Faraimo cops a.ban. Next week is a massive test for us even at full strength and we hear nothing else about Wigan than that they never seem to weaken with players out because the next cab off the rank from the academy is of equal capability. I hope we can dig deep and find our best performance of the year so far to win because that's what it will need to be IMO. Let's return to the risk assessment after the disciplinary and squad announcements. :wink:


I'd be very surprised if Faraimo escapes a ban, and it looks like we will be without Bowden for a couple of weeks at least. Sneyd certainly seems to have a knock but it appears to be manageable. He still did most of the kicking last night which suggests he wasn't struggling too badly. No idea about Griffin.

Hopefully Reynolds is only a week or two away.
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:10 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 4371
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Faraimo escapes a ban, and it looks like we will be without Bowden for a couple of weeks at least. Sneyd certainly seems to have a knock but it appears to be manageable. He still did most of the kicking last night which suggests he wasn't struggling too badly. No idea about Griffin.

Hopefully Reynolds is only a week or two away.


Reynolds is running now.i guess the club are trying to get him fit for the C/C game
Cant see us getting a win next week but hopefully if we have Reynolds back for the C/C we can put in a performance and get the win
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm  

User avatarBombed Out wrote:
Bombed Out User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 1179
ccs wrote:
That's a new one, I must remember that.


At your age you'll struggle :lol:
Re: Round 4 v Wakefield Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:04 pm  
MorningGlory23 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm
Posts: 862
Mrs Barista wrote:
11 tackle busts :shock:

Thought he spoke superbly after the game to
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aldy, Boardwalkempire3, DiggerHFC, Marcus's Bicycle, mwindass, oooh Gravy!, paperboy, peteron58, R.B.A, sanjunien, themightynortherner, Tommo765 and 177 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,9341,35078,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 24 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 17 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X