JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200420 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Nov 23 09:152nd Jun 23 20:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.

Re: Academy Prospects : Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:17 pm  
ccs wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think the news makes all the sense in the world, but wasn't the underlining decision based on "trawling for fish", when, inevitably, in some areas, stocks would simply dry up?

Participation is up in our City. We have some of the best Community clubs in the country, they do an outstanding job. It's up to Hull, Rovers, Hull & District and the RFL to work with them, offer resource and keep driving numbers up.

It's a challenge but more than possible.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:3227th Mar 24 08:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: Academy Prospects : Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 pm  
for me the RFL are just totally flawed it is one bad decision after another at least its turned out OK in the end and its sorted for the good of the game but after so much pressure we again air our dirty washing in public and look like a real amateurish organisation. Thankfully at last sense prevailed. But, It should never have come to this.After such a climb down against so many arguments that made eminent sense, its about time that changes were made. In any commercial organisation with such a stance from the Chief Executive for what was a cockamamie idea followed by such a u turn to return to the status quo, the CE would resign. But that aint gonna happen at the RL is it? they'll just duck and go again. Such a short sighted view on the future of our game, and that from the organisation that should be leading it forward. thank goodness all has come good!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 00:4528th Mar 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 am  
R.B.A wrote:
Common sense prevails. Great news for rugby league, particularly grass roots, in this city.

The almost universal support from Hull FC fans for Rovers cause has been heartening. You aren't a bad lot really.

Good news for the city,despite supporting Hull, through my job I know alot of young players who have come through the ranks at both clubs, a white pathway for the good of the game.

Generally I think all fans and players have been United, my only disappointment is the comments by a few Rovers fans against the club, particularly Wilsom and Pearson, not really sure what they could do and if they went against the RFL it could cost the club in the long term, some Rovers fans claiming that the other way around Rovers would support Hull, which is absolute nonsense, like Hull there priority is their club.
R.B.A 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200420 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 am  
Dave K. wrote:
Good news for the city,despite supporting Hull, through my job I know alot of young players who have come through the ranks at both clubs, a white pathway for the good of the game.

Generally I think all fans and players have been United, my only disappointment is the comments by a few Rovers fans against the club, particularly Wilsom and Pearson, not really sure what they could do and if they went against the RFL it could cost the club in the long term, some Rovers fans claiming that the other way around Rovers would support Hull, which is absolute nonsense, like Hull there priority is their club.

As a Rovers fan I would have backed Hull to the hilt if the roles were reversed. Never for one minute did I want Rovers to take Hulls spot. I want as many kids in this City to have the opportunity to live their dreams.

Chris Chester and Gary Hetherington both spoke up against the decisions so I'm not sure why Pearson and Wilson couldn't (ok, we do know why really). Im certain that Neil Hudgell would have spoken out in support of Hull. He may be a pantomime villain to you guys but he understands Rugby League in this city and what it means to people. John Bastian has stated publicly that he would have been straight on the phone to Danny Wilson offering him his support.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:3227th Mar 24 08:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:05 am  
R.B.A wrote:
As a Rovers fan I would have backed Hull to the hilt if the roles were reversed. Never for one minute did I want Rovers to take Hulls spot. I want as many kids in this City to have the opportunity to live their dreams.

Chris Chester and Gary Hetherington both spoke up against the decisions so I'm not sure why Pearson and Wilson couldn't (ok, we do know why really). Im certain that Neil Hudgell would have spoken out in support of Hull. He may be a pantomime villain to you guys but he understands Rugby League in this city and what it means to people. John Bastian has stated publicly that he would have been straight on the phone to Danny Wilson offering him his support.

Completely agree with that and the RFL should never have put the three Clubs through what they have. I'm not surprised that Hull haven't commented because the Club comments on very little at present, perhaps that denotes the calm before the storm!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 00:4528th Mar 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:03 am  
R.B.A wrote:

NH 100% would not have, Bastian maybe, but it's easy to say in this situation, potentially they are risking their own clubs academy and their jobs if the RFL are set on only one academy in a city.

Hopefully the RFL will see sense and Rovers will improve their bid on the next two years to allow two elite academy in the city.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29673No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years22nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:3024th Mar 24 08:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:35 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
NH 100% would not have, Bastian maybe, but it's easy to say in this situation, potentially they are risking their own clubs academy and their jobs if the RFL are set on only one academy in a city.

Hopefully the RFL will see sense and Rovers will improve their bid on the next two years to allow two elite academy in the city.

Agreed, sanctimonious claptrap. Plenty quick enough to ditch Rovers academy for better ones in the west when it suited.
R.B.A 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200420 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:22 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
Agreed, sanctimonious claptrap. Plenty quick enough to ditch Rovers academy for better ones in the west when it suited.

You couldn't be more wrong. Some people just want was is best for the kids in this city. 2 well run Academies means more opportunities.

I'm not sure of any that headed West instead of going to Rovers (or Hull for that matter). Quite a few did during the COHA days. Hopefully that drain will halt now and the lads will choose Hull or Rovers.

I think that perhaps sometimes you should look at the bigger picture and what's good for our sport and youngsters rather than just looking at your own team and trying to score points.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29673No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years22nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:3024th Mar 24 08:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:54 pm  
R.B.A wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong. Some people just want was is best for the kids in this city. 2 well run Academies means more opportunities.

I'm not sure of any that headed West instead of going to Rovers (or Hull for that matter). Quite a few did during the COHA days. Hopefully that drain will halt now and the lads will choose Hull or Rovers.

I think that perhaps sometimes you should look at the bigger picture and what's good for our sport and youngsters rather than just looking at your own team and trying to score points.

It's not about point scoring. We've had 2 academies, a joint academy, 2 academies and if the primary objective of professional academies is to produce a pipeline of high quality SL players it's not worked, has it? The reality is neither will be an elite academy because the talent will be split/diluted across each, which was why the RFL wanted only 1 on Hull in their recommendation. Of course there are nice benefits in having more players involved but you've been going on about this since promising Kristian Bell would be climbing the steps at Wembley and here we are 15 years later or something and neither side has really delivered. I can see why the RFL were wanting to do something different. Don't lecture me about not wanting what's good for the sport. There are different perspectives, some informed by parochialism, some less so. Understanding the original rationale is important.
R.B.A 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200420 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Academy Prospects : Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
It's not about point scoring. We've had 2 academies, a joint academy, 2 academies and if the primary objective of professional academies is to produce a pipeline of high quality SL players it's not worked, has it? The reality is neither will be an elite academy because the talent will be split/diluted across each, which was why the RFL wanted only 1 on Hull in their recommendation. Of course there are nice benefits in having more players involved but you've been going on about this since promising Kristian Bell would be climbing the steps at Wembley and here we are 15 years later or something and neither side has really delivered. I can see why the RFL were wanting to do something different. Don't lecture me about not wanting what's good for the sport. There are different perspectives, some informed by parochialism, some less so. Understanding the original rationale is important.

I make no apology for showing belief in young players, even if it potentially means being mis-quoted a decade down the line.

In the last Yorkshire Youth finals day before Covid hit, 7 of the finalists were from Hull. 7!

Participation in our City is up by over 40% on the back of work done by Hull, Rovers and Hull and District.

I see no reason why if everybody works together we can't drive participation up further, give more kids final experience that will stay with them for a lifetime and ultimately produce first team players for both of our clubs.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm unrealistic but I'll be doing my bit to try make it happen.
PreviousNext