OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:1328th Mar 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:05 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:
Why does it matter?

Sometimes players fit at a certain time when they come through at a club and sometimes they’re better going elsewhere to progress.

Joe Cator was much better going to Leigh than hanging around on the fringes at Rovers. If Rovers had tried to hold on to him just out of FOMO, that’d have done nobody any good. Maybe if both the city’s clubs produced more good SL players we wouldn’t have this miserly attitude (in some quarters) of being relieved that they don’t kick-on somewhere else. I’d be delighted to see some of the lads that have spent a year or two in the Championship get a second bite at SL. I hope George Lawler goes well for Cas, to the degree that I care about players that have gone at all.

Exactly right good post.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 24 16:261st Oct 23 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:14 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
I’m not sure Jordan, Jez, and Dean have developed into better players, they look the same as when we had them, I suppose it depends on the perceived aspirations of the club they are at, for whatever reasons they were released or left, I wish all our ex players all the best, regardless who they play for, tough decisions need to be made regarding playing personal.

You’ve just been asked to name these players, let’s hear it.

In my opinion Reece Lynne has been one that has definitely improved into a fine centre, and good luck to the lad,

You must be one of the few that do not think Jordan and Jez have not developed since leaving you. This includes people working in the game whose opinion deserves respect. If you cannot see that I’m afraid I find your assessment somewhat suspect. Dean hardly falls into the young category that I was referring to.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:2322nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:35 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
You must be one of the few that do not think Jordan and Jez have not developed since leaving you. This includes people working in the game whose opinion deserves respect. If you cannot see that I’m afraid I find your assessment somewhat suspect. Dean hardly falls into the young category that I was referring to.

Perhaps as a parent watching young Litten playing for West Hull under nines in the same team as one of my sons, and his transition to Hulls first team, probably watching just about every game he played for Hull, then also seeing him regularly perform for the robins, his performance is much the same, the difference is as I said, perspective, Jez has been allocated much more game time, which he needed.

And as for you fawning over the meandering of Phil Clarke and the like, is laughable, you need to get off these forums and try attending matches, and we are still waiting for the answer to Dave Ks question, which players are you talking about who have improved leaving Hull.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:37 pm  
Perhaps as a parent watching young Litten playing for West Hull under nines in the same team as one of my sons, and his transition to Hulls first team, probably watching just about every game he played for Hull, then also seeing him regularly perform for the robins, his performance is much the same, the difference is as I said, perspective, Jez has been allocated much more game time, which he needed.

And as for you fawning over the meandering of Phil Clarke and the like, is laughable, you need to get off these forums and try attending matches, and we are still waiting for the answer to DaKs question, which players are you talking about who have improved leaving Hull.

Who mentioned Phil Clarke? You are entitled to your perspective I just don’t happen to agree with you. Nor do many other people, as I said some with more practical rugby experience than either of us. As an aside, I have probably watched many more live matches than you. Your experience in that area is rather limited due to your age.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:2322nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
Who mentioned Phil Clarke? You are entitled to your perspective I just don’t happen to agree with you. Nor do many other people, as I said some with more practical rugby experience than either of us. As an aside, I have probably watched many more live matches than you. Your experience in that area is rather limited due to your age.

And again I ask, who are these players who have improved since leaving us, I’ve given you my opinion, you seem a little reticent.

I’ve quoted on you in the past, you attach yourself to teams who may be struggling, Leigh, Hull, Wigan, Wakey, never any positive opinions, you are the ghoul of the forum, post your season ticket on line, prove your a supporter,
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:09 am  
And again I ask, who are these players who have improved since leaving us, I’ve given you my opinion, you seem a little reticent.

I’ve quoted on you in the past, you attach yourself to teams who may be struggling, Leigh, Hull, Wigan, Wakey, never any positive opinions, you are the ghoul of the forum, post your season ticket on line, prove your a supporter,

A number of players have been mentioned in the course of this discussion. As usual some people including who do not get the “right” answers turn to being abusive. After all it is all opinion. Of the players that have transferred to us whilst young are a certain international hooker, now plying his trade in Australia, Jordan and Jez. You say the latter two have not improved. I say they have. SL coaches have commented on their development but but you with your limited involvement in the game don’t agree. That’s your right but I know who’s opinion I think is most valid.. The two players at Wakey also fall into this category. You are wanting proof of my membership, that is just childish In any case would prove nothing, anyone could post anyone else’s membership card. Can you imagine if every time two people on any forum held different opinions they had to prove they were “true” supporters.

No opinion can be right or wrong, it is just opinion. Opinion can however be reinforced by the opinion of others who have genuine expertise in the game. This includes coaches, administrators,, current and ex professional players. People falling into all of those categories have expressed the opinion both on the tv and in print that both Jordan and Jez have improved their game since leaving FC. Jordan was in fact ahead in the Man of Steel rankings before his injury. You however choose to ignore all of that and base your opinion only on your own observations of watching matches over a few years. You are entitled to do that but please give me the same right without making petty personal insults.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:21 am  
Keiththered wrote:
A number of players have been mentioned in the course of this discussion. As usual some people including who do not get the “right” answers turn to being abusive. After all it is all opinion. Of the players that have transferred to us whilst young are a certain international hooker, now plying his trade in Australia, Jordan and Jez. You say the latter two have not improved. I say they have. SL coaches have commented on their development but but you with your limited involvement in the game don’t agree. That’s your right but I know who’s opinion I think is most valid.. The two players at Wakey also fall into this category. You are wanting proof of my membership, that is just childish In any case would prove nothing, anyone could post anyone else’s membership card. Can you imagine if every time two people on any forum held different opinions they had to prove they were “true” supporters.

No opinion can be right or wrong, it is just opinion. Opinion can however be reinforced by the opinion of others who have genuine expertise in the game. This includes coaches, administrators,, current and ex professional players. People falling into all of those categories have expressed the opinion both on the tv and in print that both Jordan and Jez have improved their game since leaving FC. Jordan was in fact ahead in the Man of Steel rankings before his injury. You however choose to ignore all of that and base your opinion only on your own observations of watching matches over a few years. You are entitled to do that but please give me the same right without making petty personal insults.

So 3 players have really improved enough to be classed as mistakes, that's pretty good in around 20 SL years.

So your original point was nonsense.

Of the 3 Litten was a mistake, Abdul had a poor attitude and needed to move clubs, Hodson was bad timing, too better hookers at the time, Hodgson was good at Rovers, but his real improvement has come since he was in Oz.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:49 am  
Dave K. wrote:
So 3 players have really improved enough to be classed as mistakes, that's pretty good in around 20 SL years.

So your original point was nonsense.

Of the 3 Litten was a mistake, Abdul had a poor attitude and needed to move clubs, Hodson was bad timing, too better hookers at the time, Hodgson was good at Rovers, but his real improvement has come since he was in Oz.

Five if you include two at Wakey. There may well be others at other teams. The point I was originally making was that players that FC considered to be not good enough we’re able to flourish at other clubs. If Jordan’s attitude was wrong at your club the question why needs to be asked as he has had an exemplary attitude at his two subsequent clubs. It happens at all clubs. Cator would fall into that category as one of our mistakes. We have benefited as Jordan and Jez in their positions are better than anything FC have.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 am  
Keiththered wrote:
Five if you include two at Wakey. There may well be others at other teams. The point I was originally making was that players that FC considered to be not good enough we’re able to flourish at other clubs. If Jordan’s attitude was wrong at your club the question why needs to be asked as he has had an exemplary attitude at his two subsequent clubs. It happens at all clubs. Cator would fall into that category as one of our mistakes. We have benefited as Jordan and Jez in their positions are better than anything FC have.

Reece Lyne, no thanks, i wouldn't swap him for either of our centres, don't think he was a loss.

The other one, Miller, not exactly the same is it, he was signed from the NRL, he didn't come through our academy.

Same can be said about plenty of other clubs with regard to Abduls attiyude, Kelly is a great example, your club couldn't control him, came to Hull and his attitude was great. Hull letting him go out on loan was the kick up the backside he needed

You are talking rubbish, you are trying make out that its only Hull that release players who are mistakes, when it is very few as been proven and all other clubs do it.

Like a a lot of Rovers fans you are getting carried away, you finished 6th, 2 more wins than us, different to judge in a unbalanced season like the season before, maybe a one season wonder, I suggest to save the gloating from when you achieve something,
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years165th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Contract Talks & FCs Future : Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 am  
Dave K. wrote:
Reece Lyne, no thanks, i wouldn't swap him for either of our centres, don't think he was a loss.

The other one, Miller, not exactly the same is it, he was signed from the NRL, he didn't come through our academy.

Same can be said about plenty of other clubs with regard to Abduls attiyude, Kelly is a great example, your club couldn't control him, came to Hull and his attitude was great. Hull letting him go out on loan was the kick up the backside he needed

You are talking rubbish, you are trying make out that its only Hull that release players who are mistakes, when it is very few as been proven and all other clubs do it.

Like a a lot of Rovers fans you are getting carried away, you finished 6th, 2 more wins than us, different to judge in a unbalanced season like the season before, maybe a one season wonder, I suggest to save the gloating from when you achieve something,

You change tack to suit your argument.

Whether Lyne is as good as your present centres is irrelevant. The issue is whether another team was able to develop him after his release. He gained international honours so I guess the answer is yes..
Your academy was not mentioned at all. The issue was young players and Miller fits that category.

The was no mention of Rovers success or failure only that we benefited from your cast offs.

I did not say FC were the only club to make such mistakes. I mentioned Cater and actually said other clubs were similar.

You say I talk rubbish?
PreviousNext