Jan 08 200618 years149th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 19:0622nd Jun 24 22:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Tue May 28, 2024 11:51 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
There’s still Okunbor and Pele to decide on with both shipped out on loan which just shows how farcical the recruitment has been when we are desperate for players yet 2 quota players are shipped out on loan. .

I've not yet given up on Pele. He has a lot to work on, but we have seen glimpses that he can be a real handful. Maybe a good coaching staff can get him up to scratch. Okunbor on the other hand has shown nothing. I would like to see him get a run in the backline at least once before we call it a day with him though. Everything I've seen points to him being better suited to that than the second row.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 17:5828th Jun 24 15:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 12:46 am  
Chris71 wrote:
I’d be surprised and underwhelmed if the club is going with Trueman & Abdul as the starting halfback pairing for 2025. Not because of any lack in ability as they do have the ability it’s simply due to the fitness records. The odds of them playing 50% of games together must be pretty high based on their injury records.

I’d hope that we are still looking at a 7 to replace the loss of Clifford and what he brought as a quality 7 and to help further the development of Charles.

As has already been mentioned we have a very very slow team that seriously lacks pace and I hope this area is going to be addressed.

I appreciate the level of rebuild in immense and on a scale I’ve not seen before but solid players are ok but only if combined with some real quality otherwise.

It’s early days yet so hoping things will improve quality wise in terms of signings particularly since the announcement of Cartwright for 2025, but there’s a long long way to go such has been our demise the past few seasons and the recruitment mess. There’s still Okunbor and Pele to decide on with both shipped out on loan which just shows how farcical the recruitment has been when we are desperate for players yet 2 quota players are shipped out on loan.

I don’t expect us to suddenly become world beaters overnight but the club needs to make some serious signings for next season otherwise it’s likely there'll be little in the way of pass holders. We all know that’s going to be difficult due to our own doings and failures along with an ever shrinking player pool. Hopefully Cartwrights knowledge of the NRL and reserve grade and his standing in the game will allow us to take full advantage of the relaxation of the rules for quality players that wouldn’t have met the appearance requirements previously needed.

Looks to me Chris that our recruitment in the backs apart from probably bringing in another centre is done so where is the lack of pace to be addressed.
its the backs and halves we need the pace and the power and size in the forwards.
Everyone keeps saying lets wait for the final recruitment to be done but thats clutching at straws in hope because Asiata apart whats coming in at the moment is totally underwhelming and second rate
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1800No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 200717 years197th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 19:5128th Jun 24 18:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 6:28 am  
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I like the signing, but I do feel like he would be better for trimming down a little bit. There is a certain irony though that many of the people criticising him could only dream of being in that sort of shape.

But I’m pretty sure those criticising aren’t professional sportsman who are paid over 100k to keep in shape and perform all season long.
TnT 
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player97
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 20231 year217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:0828th Jun 24 13:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 6:37 am  
Jake the Peg wrote:
The guy is a pro sportsman who's job is to keep himself in shape and he can't. It impacts his on field performance and his ability to stave off injuries. Perfectly reasonable to comment on it.

As for cartwright sorting him out, it seems unlikely he will after a string of former coaches have failed

There are a lot of players who carry a little weight. There is no evidence to suggest his injury record is weight related. I think Abdull will end up a loose forward then people will be less critical of his stature. Again the pessimists are criticising before the player has started back with us which is their right but misery never won anything.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2696
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 26 200915 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 14:5127th Jun 24 17:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
OLD FAITHFUL

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:04 am  
bonaire wrote:
Looks to me Chris that our recruitment in the backs apart from probably bringing in another centre is done so where is the lack of pace to be addressed.
its the backs and halves we need the pace and the power and size in the forwards.
Everyone keeps saying lets wait for the final recruitment to be done but thats clutching at straws in hope because Asiata apart whats coming in at the moment is totally underwhelming and second rate

But what do you expect after the last few seasons? we aren't exactly an attractive proposition so Myler is really working with one hand tied behind his back.
Every player signed so far is an improvement on what we have and that is a plus.
As other's have said, let's wait until the recruitment is finished.
Ellam 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 10:2427th Jun 24 08:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:04 am  
The games afoot wrote:
This may be a bit radical and a bit controversial….why don’t we wait and see what Cartwright can do with him in the off-season and see how he goes before we slag him off….as for the weight thing,think it’s just crass remarks see that social media has problems with trolls and bullies praying on peoples body sizes,but just seems as though it’s fair game on here to say what you want

Stop being positive please, we are only allowed to slate every signing and everything the club does plus we have to keep hammering the point about slowest backline, slowest team blah blah blah, no more positivity or you will be removed from the forum, the coaches on here all know best.
Ellam 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:06 am  
boardwalkempire7 wrote:
Usual doom n gloom merchant takeover
on here.
Abdul counts for £50k on the cap
It’s outrageous isn’t it .. what a financial risk it is to the club..

Abdul has been poor hasn’t he for Catalans. Playing first team regular and they’re at top of the table.
Yeah it’s outrageous decision to bring him back.

Try waiting till recruitment and team squad is finalised before moaning.

These posters must be Eastenders addicts.
Or kr trolls in disguise. Or more likely both .

Another one stop being slightly positive please not allowed.
Ellam 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:07 am  
RockNRolla wrote:
But what do you expect after the last few seasons? we aren't exactly an attractive proposition so Myler is really working with one hand tied behind his back.
Every player signed so far is an improvement on what we have and that is a plus.
As other's have said, let's wait until the recruitment is finished.

Bingo
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29481
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200717 years88th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 22:4028th Jun 24 15:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The poor man's bonaire

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:16 am  
TnT wrote:
There are a lot of players who carry a little weight. There is no evidence to suggest his injury record is weight related. I think Abdull will end up a loose forward then people will be less critical of his stature. Again the pessimists are criticising before the player has started back with us which is their right but misery never won anything.

He doesn't have the fitness or workmate to play 13. Look at him compared to asiata. Chalk and cheese
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7974
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 21:5328th Jun 24 08:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Wed May 29, 2024 7:17 am  
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Chris71 wrote:
There’s still Okunbor and Pele to decide on with both shipped out on loan which just shows how farcical the recruitment has been when we are desperate for players yet 2 quota players are shipped out on loan. .

I've not yet given up on Pele. He has a lot to work on, but we have seen glimpses that he can be a real handful. Maybe a good coaching staff can get him up to scratch. Okunbor on the other hand has shown nothing. I would like to see him get a run in the backline at least once before we call it a day with him though. Everything I've seen points to him being better suited to that than the second row.

In regards to Pele me neither and hopefully his spell on loan will get his fitness levels up and can reach his potential here. I'm hoping that Cartwright sorts out the whole backroom set up prior to his arrival as it would seem from the outside its all a bit soft in the Hull FC camp.
For me Okunbor just looks like a fish out of water and sadly for a quota a player he just hasn't shown anything to suggest he is worth taking up a quota spot.
PreviousNext