FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
RankPostsTeam
New Signing66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 20240 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:1327th Jun 24 16:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

WIZEB wrote:
Thought I'd just remind people who are moaning about Mylers current recruitment drive. :lol:

The new recruitment is not exactly cut and dry success though is it? It’s risky at best and has a Hull fan and witness to our terrible recruitment in recent years I certainly wouldn’t be bragging until we see how it works out. I’ve said many times on here I think we might attract a couple of better players once the investment is sorted, but until that happens then we can only go off what we know.

I don’t like to be overly negative and dig players out but for me Hardaker on a two year is as bad as any recruitment we’ve done over the years. Hopefully he proves me wrong but it’s every bit as bad as Gale for me. Rimbu I’m hopeful and going off a few YouTube clips looks to have potential but let’s not forget he’s of a very similar profile and experience to Lovadua. There has to be a reason as to why he’s gone so much under the radar, there’s obviously work to do with him. Abdull again I really hope it works out as he does have quality but a big risk in such a pivotal position, if he’s not on the field then it’s another Reynolds situation.

That’s looking at the negatives granted and there are some positives that I’m excited about, but the recruitment we’ve done in recent years has been woeful so it’s only natural to be wary. At the moment we are still shopping at the bargain basement end of the market for whatever reason, hopefully we’ve done a bit more due diligence with characters and suitability this time so these players at least turn out to be solid professionals who can turn up and perform consistently.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24919No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:5228th Jun 24 15:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

DSJ1983 wrote:
The new recruitment is not exactly cut and dry success though is it? It’s risky at best and has a Hull fan and witness to our terrible recruitment in recent years I certainly wouldn’t be bragging until we see how it works out. I’ve said many times on here I think we might attract a couple of better players once the investment is sorted, but until that happens then we can only go off what we know.

I don’t like to be overly negative and dig players out but for me Hardaker on a two year is as bad as any recruitment we’ve done over the years. Hopefully he proves me wrong but it’s every bit as bad as Gale for me. Rimbu I’m hopeful and going off a few YouTube clips looks to have potential but let’s not forget he’s of a very similar profile and experience to Lovadua. There has to be a reason as to why he’s gone so much under the radar, there’s obviously work to do with him. Abdull again I really hope it works out as he does have quality but a big risk in such a pivotal position, if he’s not on the field then it’s another Reynolds situation.

That’s looking at the negatives granted and there are some positives that I’m excited about, but the recruitment we’ve done in recent years has been woeful so it’s only natural to be wary. At the moment we are still shopping at the bargain basement end of the market for whatever reason, hopefully we’ve done a bit more due diligence with characters and suitability this time so these players at least turn out to be solid professionals who can turn up and perform consistently.

A few things mentioned on social media that Rimbu might not be happening.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24919No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:5228th Jun 24 15:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

DSJ1983 wrote:

I get the Hardraker negativity, but he is still a decent player, playing well in a good side, doesn't miss many games and is appartley well liked by his team mates. OK he is a clown at times and I probably wouldn't have signed him, but is no where near in the league of poor signings, our overseas signings this year (Ese Ese apart) and the likes of Reynolds and Evans were streets ahead of this signing.

So far Myler has signed Briscoe, Reynolds and Aydin would so far have made positive impacts.
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12573
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200915 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 21:3627th Jun 24 07:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

DSJ1983 wrote:

All fair comment.
For the record, I'd have looked elsewhere other than Hardaker and Abdul as well, but, it is what it is.
It's great when someone insists on a couple of world beaters with no suggestions as to who they might be.
Maybe they should keep Richie Rich company on a trip to Cuckooland?
RankPostsTeam
New Signing66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 10 20240 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:1327th Jun 24 16:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Dave K. wrote:
I get the Hardraker negativity, but he is still a decent player, playing well in a good side, doesn't miss many games and is appartley well liked by his team mates. OK he is a clown at times and I probably wouldn't have signed him, but is no where near in the league of poor signings, our overseas signings this year (Ese Ese apart) and the likes of Reynolds and Evans were streets ahead of this signing.

So far Myler has signed Briscoe, Reynolds and Aydin would so far have made positive impacts.

For me he just looks way past his best and it’s only half way through 2024. Is he going to be an upgrade on Scott and Sutcliffe in both 2025 and 26? I doubt it. Chamberlain I can more get behind as a solid player. I’ll be very happy to be proven wrong on that though he’s been a winner wherever he’s been I suppose.

Yeah there’s some positives. I’m also hopeful that Cartwright and Myler will be better judges of lower level Aussie players like Rimbu, I just don’t we are in a position to be bragging about our recruitment yet until we see how it goes, there’s plenty of risk involved up to now.

Yeah there’s positives
RankPostsTeam
International Star2337
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years38th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 21:4228th Jun 24 11:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Does it work? asking for a friend.

It does if you tattoo a lot of rabbits all around the baldness, from a distance, they look like hares.
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12573
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200915 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Armavinit wrote:
It does if you tattoo a lot of rabbits all around the baldness, from a distance, they look like hares.

That's very bunny. :)
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12573
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200915 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

WIZEB wrote:
Comment removed

Come on campers...........

Post edited
Last edited by Chris71 on Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post goes against the AUP
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12573
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200915 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

WIZEB wrote:
Come on campers...........

Post edited

Your £5 is in the post. :lol:
TnT 
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player97
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 20231 year216th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:0828th Jun 24 13:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

bonaire wrote:
comment removed
The club are responsible for recruitment not fans
The current recruitment is hardly a revolution but money talks and if its available and thats what it takes then thats the route the club should take

No need to be personal. Exactly, the club are responsible under the constraints I suggested earlier, the nature of these us fans don’t know yet we demand a couple of worldly signings. That would be lovely. But operating in the real world: success may need to come more from player development using the new ‘average’ signings to help our promising crop of youth as well as the odd Asiata and, if we are lucky, another star which will suit your position , which I think is buy success. The reality is it will be a hybrid leaning to more development and less sexy purchases. Your posts come across as there is only your way of improving our club and no other. . The club are operating not behind a keyboard but have to deal with the practicalities of overhauling our club which is far harder than you suggest. Apologies if I have misrepresented your position
PreviousNext