FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - cas redevelpment goes to plan B
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm  
The Avenger wrote:
There’s nothing to stop Castleford, trying it on either, they could go to the developer and say give us 10 million now instead of 12 million later


That can't happen.

£12.2m is the amount stated in the S106. That's the amount that has to be paid to WMDC for distribution to the WR site.

It is in no way negotiable.

In fact, the longer it goes on, the less £12.2m will get them (we had the same issue with the rising materials costs too).

I think WMDC learned the lessons of the Yorkcourt S106 debacle.
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:15 pm  
dboy wrote:
That can't happen.

£12.2m is the amount stated in the S106. That's the amount that has to be paid to WMDC for distribution to the WR site.

It is in no way negotiable.

In fact, the longer it goes on, the less £12.2m will get them (we had the same issue with the rising materials costs too).

I think WMDC learned the lessons of the Yorkcourt S106 debacle.
even if both parties agreed?
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:17 pm  
Belle Vue wrote:
even if both parties agreed?


No, £12.2m is the agreed fee - and the 3rd party is WMDC.

Imagine the fraud implications if S106's were somehow circumvented...
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:06 pm  
FIL wrote:


They're a small group who live on Spittal Hardwick Lane who have been objecting all the way back to the original retail plan. They were allocated a 5 minute spot to put their case for refusal at the council meeting but it failed. Nothing to lose with one last throw of the dice I suppose.
FIL wrote:


They're a small group who live on Spittal Hardwick Lane who have been objecting all the way back to the original retail plan. They were allocated a 5 minute spot to put their case for refusal at the council meeting but it failed. Nothing to lose with one last throw of the dice I suppose.
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:43 pm  
newgroundb4wakey wrote:
They're a small group who live on Spittal Hardwick Lane who have been objecting all the way back to the original retail plan. They were allocated a 5 minute spot to put their case for refusal at the council meeting but it failed. Nothing to lose with one last throw of the dice I suppose.

Can’t see any problem here for cas..getting this signed off.
The government ombudsman probably won’t even know where Castleford is or Yorkshire for that matter..
Be interesting to see how Cas play their cards regarding the Wakefield council funds, in relation to accumulating IMG points..
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:30 pm  
newgroundb4wakey wrote:
They're a small group who live on Spittal Hardwick Lane who have been objecting all the way back to the original retail plan. They were allocated a 5 minute spot to put their case for refusal at the council meeting but it failed. Nothing to lose with one last throw of the dice I suppose.

It was a small group who got enough attention that ended up with NM been sent to a PI. There are similarities and the issue with the allocation of the land may be something they grab onto. I don't think it will take that course, but you never know.
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:30 pm  
Belle Vue wrote:
Can’t see any problem here for cas..getting this signed off.
The government ombudsman probably won’t even know where Castleford is or Yorkshire for that matter..
Be interesting to see how Cas play their cards regarding the Wakefield council funds, in relation to accumulating IMG points..

Already using it for the bodge. A few padded seats here, a roped off area there.. .
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:59 pm  
Belle Vue wrote:
Can’t see any problem here for cas..getting this signed off.
The government ombudsman probably won’t even know where Castleford is or Yorkshire for that matter..
Be interesting to see how Cas play their cards regarding the Wakefield council funds, in relation to accumulating IMG points..


I can.

Approval of the Axiom build was technically illegal, as the development is banned under WMDCs OWN Local Development Plan.

WMDC planning committee have approved something that WMDC planning department say can't be built. Fun and games.

I'd fancy it to get rubber stamped in time, but not without some considerable time/hassle.
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:24 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Already using it for the bodge. A few padded seats here, a roped off area there.. .
it also looks like they’re going to do the whole of the princess street stand in seats.so they are probably looking to do the full redevelopment while staying at Weldon Road
Re: cas redevelpment goes to plan B : Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm  
Belle Vue wrote:
it also looks like they’re going to do the whole of the princess street stand in seats.so they are probably looking to do the full redevelopment while staying at Weldon Road


Which underlines what other fans said about clubs like us and them - these "improvements could have been done years ago and we chose to spend elsewhere" instead.

I would of course counter that we didn't own BV, so that kind of investment wasn't feasible, even if we had the dosh (and we didn't anyway).
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1315trinity, 60sCat, financialtimes, nanker, phe13, poplar cats alive, Scarlet Pimpernell and 252 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity