FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Castleford Tigers 0 - 20 Leeds Rhinos LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Miller Try, Martin Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lewis Murphy
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200419 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 15:277th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:18 pm  
homme vaste wrote:
Also, I've noticed when you can`t find a logical argument with a post you revert back to clinging on to silly things to come back at others at (In my opinion). Over the last 3 years we have failed under Chester (in my opinion) we have been rubbish with the odd decent performance here and there (In my opinion) we so often look clueless (In my opinion) if we decide to give a renewal to Chester it would be a travesty (in my opinion) sorry, I`m not going to hold back an opinion because Chris and Michael get upset with fans expressing an opinion (In my opinion).

Lets be absolutely straight here, there is not a club in this league other than Wakefield that would even consider a renewal, I doubt at the other 11 clubs that he would still be here.

In my opinion you are correct. In the super league years i've had a season ticket/membership every year bar two which was for work reasons. Before that it was junior season tickets. I've even sponsored the club through my business. But without change next season i and the rest of my household will not renew. Like you two of the people we go with didn't renew this season, two more say they won't be doing for next year and another couple are seeing how things pan out before deciding. Will this matter to the club? Probably not. But the only action an unhappy fan can take is to vote with their feet and that is what i'll do. To be honest from a personal point of view the enjoyment has gone, i didn't particularly miss not attending and i'll spend the money on something more satisfying instead. My worry is Carter is asleep at the wheel with this one and is letting his friendship and loyalty with Chester cloud his judgement and dodging the decisions that need taking for the good of the club. I genuinely believe that the team needs a new direction and has done for a while, lets be honest his record over 3 seasons now is dire. And to be honest in my opinion the boardroom needs new blood as well but thats a different discussion. So there you go, and if that makes me terrible fan so be it, i'll wear that hat. I'll just become a another former supporter spending my money elsewhere.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:0028th Mar 24 14:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm  
Sacred Cow wrote:
In my opinion you are correct. In the super league years i've had a season ticket/membership every year bar two which was for work reasons. Before that it was junior season tickets. I've even sponsored the club through my business. But without change next season i and the rest of my household will not renew. Like you two of the people we go with didn't renew this season, two more say they won't be doing for next year and another couple are seeing how things pan out before deciding. Will this matter to the club? Probably not. But the only action an unhappy fan can take is to vote with their feet and that is what i'll do. To be honest from a personal point of view the enjoyment has gone, i didn't particularly miss not attending and i'll spend the money on something more satisfying instead. My worry is Carter is asleep at the wheel with this one and is letting his friendship and loyalty with Chester cloud his judgement and dodging the decisions that need taking for the good of the club. I genuinely believe that the team needs a new direction and has done for a while, lets be honest his record over 3 seasons now is dire. And to be honest in my opinion the boardroom needs new blood as well but thats a different discussion. So there you go, and if that makes me terrible fan so be it, i'll wear that hat. I'll just become a another former supporter spending my money elsewhere.

It’s a real tough one as a spectator and a fan.

I’ve followed Trinity all my life and whilst only in my early 40s I’ve seen much worse teams than this wearing the shirt.

The fact that people often publicly state they will be tearing up their ticket or not renewing indicates to me that the reality is they don’t want to do it but feel it may affect a positive change. The problem is when it doesn’t in the short term they people tend to naturally gravitate away and are lost to the club.

The club is clearly in need of financial stimulus and whilst I don’t think people who protest by not renewing tickets main motivation is to harm the club, that’s certainly what happens.

I personally believe it is time for a change, however I couldn’t stop going, I love everything about it even if we lose.

Survival this year in my opinion was always the goal. I think the club were unrealistic and built a rod for their own back with their pre season boasts about top 5 finishes and by under delivering on that added to the frustration felt by the fans.

I wouldn’t be happy if Chester renewed however I am willing to give him a chance to correct the issues with an off-season and opportunity to recruit in key positions where we are clearly struggling.

If after 5/6 rounds next year it is the same under the same coach I don’t see anyway the Coach could remain in charge.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20145
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200815 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 11:4528th Mar 24 19:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:47 pm  
I must say, I haven't heard anyone say they'll not renew.
Only that they know someone or think people will.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10320
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years28th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2328th Mar 24 12:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:58 pm  
As Jonh says, we have been in much worse places over the years but perhaps the biggest change is social media. Fans can now bleed out in front of their fellow supporters. I'm not buying a season ticket, I'm not going to another game etc.

On a similar note, the one that really gets my goat though is : I'm not posting on here anymore
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 20203 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:2425th Mar 24 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:22 pm  
vastman wrote:
:lol:

You are a touchy one for someone who gives opinions like others draw breath.

I didn't express an opinion, nor did I disagree with your's, I stated a fact, you are totally negative and get upset every time something goes wrong or someone questions what you say. You need to develop thicker skin.

I'll make a prediction here, should CC have a great season next year I can guarantee that you will say something like this. 'well. I was one of those who wanted him out but I'm happy to be eating humble pie, blah excuse blah'. This is fine but what you won't do is thank those who had cooler heads, the ones you claimed 'know nothing' we will all be expected to forget that bit.

I have no issue with fans like you, it's all part of the game but the truth is that if anyone in charge ever took seriously what you and 99.99% of others post on here (myself included) the club would be gone within the year. Fans have no idea, I can remember the days when Trinity was run by a committee and it wasn't uncommon to go through two even three coaches and dozens of players in a season. not forgetting constant relegations. You might like the sounds of that but I don't.

So I'll stick with CC whilst ever those running the club do, or the performances on the pitch become indefensible, this season IMO they have not been indfebsible.

If thers one thing im not is touchy i really dont care what anyone thinks of what i say never have and never will.what i do care about is what happens to the club i have suppoted since i can remember and i believe we will carry on this decline.lets be honest take leigh out of the equation and we would be in serious poop again thos season well soon the leighs aint gonna be there and dont be supprised to see leigh improving this season yet.so i put it this way what you gonna say if cc gets us relagated to some still wont be his fault.i have stated before i not called for him to be sacked but there is a difference between sacking and not renewing.i firmly believe that no other sl club would renawl his contract if we to be honest probally wouldnt be there and its not about weather chris is good enough its a change is needed.and i do know people who wont renew st next year if things stay as they are
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200419 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 15:277th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:32 pm  
jonh wrote:

I’ve followed Trinity all my life and whilst only in my early 40s I’ve seen much worse teams than this wearing the shirt.

The fact that people often publicly state they will be tearing up their ticket or not renewing indicates to me that the reality is they don’t want to do it but feel it may affect a positive change. The problem is when it doesn’t in the short term they people tend to naturally gravitate away and are lost to the club.

The club is clearly in need of financial stimulus and whilst I don’t think people who protest by not renewing tickets main motivation is to harm the club, that’s certainly what happens.

I personally believe it is time for a change, however I couldn’t stop going, I love everything about it even if we lose.

Survival this year in my opinion was always the goal. I think the club were unrealistic and built a rod for their own back with their pre season boasts about top 5 finishes and by under delivering on that added to the frustration felt by the fans.

I wouldn’t be happy if Chester renewed however I am willing to give him a chance to correct the issues with an off-season and opportunity to recruit in key positions where we are clearly struggling.

If after 5/6 rounds next year it is the same under the same coach I don’t see anyway the Coach could remain in charge.

A lot of what you said is correct although i maintain that this squad is better than the performances it regularly produces. But your last two paragraphs are the problem. We said exactly the same last year about correcting the problems and it didn’t happen, and i have zero confidence and expectation he is the man to fix the issues. And given he’ll have just signed a nice new two year contract there is no chance whatsoever that Carter will be spending the brass to pay him off however bad it gets. Not something i’m willing to endorse by getting on board again i’m afraid, but good luck to those that do.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4128th Mar 24 19:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:43 pm  
How many times have some said, maybe another closed season and we will be back. I hate to burst your bubble but we all know history suggests not. Carter had a chance this year to just not renew his contract thereby avoiding having to sack him and pay compensation. I know he will probably lose his betterball partner but the club should come first.
I look forward to when it is announced the reasons why they feel it is justified because I cannot think of any other club where he would still be employed. This is just my opinion of course.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:0028th Mar 24 14:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 pm  
Sacred Cow wrote:
A lot of what you said is correct although i maintain that this squad is better than the performances it regularly produces. But your last two paragraphs are the problem. We said exactly the same last year about correcting the problems and it didn’t happen, and i have zero confidence and expectation he is the man to fix the issues. And given he’ll have just signed a nice new two year contract there is no chance whatsoever that Carter will be spending the brass to pay him off however bad it gets. Not something i’m willing to endorse by getting on board again i’m afraid, but good luck to those that do.

The squad needs an overhaul.

If you think the squad is better than where it currently sits fair play. I don’t.

We have been victims of the relative success with finishing in the top half of the table securing players on long term contracts who have ultimately underachieved.

We only managed to bring in Lino last year I believe.

This year we look to be in a position to bring in a 9 if rumours are to be believed which is essential along with Gaskill and shed some deadweight.

It’s still not the overhaul we need but it’s getting there.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1089No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20 201212 years240th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 18:4923rd Feb 24 22:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:49 pm  
jonh wrote:

Excellent, nuanced post.

(Another thread derailed with Vastman replying every two posts and accusing anyone else of being touchy when bloke can't stop writing an essay to any friend that mentions his name. I can't believe people lack that much self-awareness and exist. :lol: )
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4128th Mar 24 19:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Lewis Murphy : Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:12 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I must say, I haven't heard anyone say they'll not renew.
Only that they know someone or think people will.

Didn’t the post from SC state they are not renewing or are you saying they they are wrong.
Previous