JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 21 20204 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 13:5729th May 24 15:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:42 am  
I couldn't make the game last night due to it being moved to Friday, but it seems not for the first time in recent seasons we let Saints off the hook!
The quality of the players is what it is. We get what we can afford, but at least the effort was there it seems so I'm pleased about that.
Realistically, for a patched up team like that ( and I mean with players missing from pivotal positions) I didn't expect a victory but it's frustrating that we ran them close and could have won!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200717 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 14:5710th Apr 24 17:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 am  
Kettykat wrote:
If money was no object vasty then our team wouldn’t look the way it does ,we’ve got what we’ve got and I thought they played well .I could go and nitpick most of the players from last night for brain fart and wrong choices ,but what I saw was a team having a go against a far superior team on paper and giving them a good game .To pick Lino out is unfair ,why not Hampshire or arundel or kelepi,who all had brain farts/mistakes at some points in the game .Lino and the rest were playing against a great team who were out of the traps like racing snakes all the game cutting down our options all over the field ,but we still managed to compete ,score tries and take the game to them ,and that will do for me .
lino was no better or worse than any other player last night, they all had a dig and came up short. We let two pathetic tries in on the line, kershaw came out and didn’t make the hit then the 2nd one he’s gone at rocky and Pitt’s and fafita totally switched off back on the inside, so poor concentration for me when we have been decent at times defending our line. The attack for me was the problem from first man sideways lino sideways Miller sideways, rocky sideways the centre and winger not dropping back under. At times we move it and look sharp when we go forwards but we simply do not give ourselves chance and instead of creating space we close the space. How can anyone see what is in front of them if your looking sideways towards Wakefield or cas. If players can’t grasp that the try line is in front of them and not on agbrigg road then drop them till they do.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2561
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 19 201212 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th May 24 20:4327th May 24 15:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:53 am  
Lol
phe13 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1296No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 20186 years129th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 16:3227th May 24 13:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:54 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Lowlights for me were:
Kershaw not taking that long pass with the line open and then not long after Lino missing Matautia in the defensive line. Could have gone to 20-16 but went to 14-26 instead.
Then when we were chasing the game Arundal got the ball on the last tackle about 10 metre out with some diagonal daylight between him and the line. Les Tonks would have probably coasted through but Arundal straightened up and plodded into the Saints line.
Hampshire and Tanganoa cocking up that late play of the ball.

Was that before or after big Les had lost his speed? :)
Makes me smile thinking of Les in his shorts, always about 3 sizes too small and his upright 'running' style :)
RankPostsTeam
International Star906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201410 years207th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 16:5812th Mar 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:54 am  
Sacred Cow wrote:
Quite frustrated after that which given it was Saints speaks volumes. They were there for the taking, after they took the early 14-0 lead they started taking shortcuts and we got back in it and had them rattled. But despite plenty of chances and enough favour from our Ben we lacked the quality and composure to capitalise. Then another soft tackle, this time on Mata’utia and it’s game over.

Credit to Kay on his performance, he did ok given the circumstances. To suggest a permanent switch though is pushing it a bit at this point!

I don't think Thaler favoured us at all! All he did was punish Saints for their many misdemeanors. Something other more "star struck/bent" referees could learn from.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35992
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 20:4827th May 24 20:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:30 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Lowlights for me were:
Kershaw not taking that long pass with the line open and then not long after Lino missing Matautia in the defensive line. Could have gone to 20-16 but went to 14-26 instead.
Then when we were chasing the game Arundal got the ball on the last tackle about 10 metre out with some diagonal daylight between him and the line. Les Tonks would have probably coasted through but Arundal straightened up and plodded into the Saints line.
Hampshire and Tanganoa cocking up that late play of the ball.

All games are full of ‘what ifs’ but the list in this game and a fair few others this season has been way to long.

Almost every game chances go begging, chances that most teams at most levels would take.

Our decision making is very poor at times. Our inability to take the simple option and instead go for the preposterous is at times mind blowing. And as you say it’s experienced players like Arundel.

We had a few really lame defensive lapses, Fifita and Hampshire were totally to blame for the first try, whilst Lino made no effort for another. But all the same we had enough possession and territory to make good and we rarely looked capable.

We are a real nearly team at the moment, needs to change.

Also thought Thaler had a poor game, especially seemed to have it in or us, with friends like him …..
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35992
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 20:4827th May 24 20:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:34 am  
phe13 wrote:
Strange one with Aydin last night, he didn't come on until the last 10 minutes or so. We had to check that he'd been named on the bench, when he hadn't appeared, especially as we lost Tash after 20 minutes (and his injury looked ominous when the blue light ambulance turned up -I assume that it was as a precaution for him).

I think that might have been a speccie, not sure but we thought we saw an incident and the first aiders running about on the west terrace. May be wrong.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2900
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 20159 years156th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 17:121st May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:08 am  
vastman wrote:
All games are full of ‘what ifs’ but the list in this game and a fair few others this season has been way to long.

Almost every game chances go begging, chances that most teams at most levels would take.

Our decision making is very poor at times. Our inability to take the simple option and instead go for the preposterous is at times mind blowing. And as you say it’s experienced players like Arundel.

We had a few really lame defensive lapses, Fifita and Hampshire were totally to blame for the first try, whilst Lino made no effort for another. But all the same we had enough possession and territory to make good and we rarely looked capable.

Also thought Thaler had a poor game, especially seemed to have it in or us, with friends like him …..

:CLAP: :CLAP: I agree
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 01 200717 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 14:5710th Apr 24 17:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:44 am  
vastman wrote:

I suggest you watch the first try again vasty kershaw shot in and didn’t make the hit and the 2nd was Pitt’s and fafita clocking off inside, its plain as day to see
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17903
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 13:4030th May 24 13:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Squad for Saints : Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:32 am  
We need to be smarter in some areas.
Miller was cleaned out with a head shot, albeit, he was probably on his way down but, he jumped to his feet and got on with the game and then Saints coming of their own line, take a Sterlingesque dive to steal a penalty.

If Miller stays on the ground, Saints have another player in the bin.

I seem to remember Miller doing something similar a few weeks ago, very, very generous from our captain.

Having said that, taking the 2 soft tries out of the equation, I though that we had a real good dig at Saints, especially as we were down to our last 17 players (16 when Ashurst went off) and with a little more composure, we could have caused a huge upset.
PreviousNext