RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad for Warrington
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14260
Location: wakefield
homme vaste wrote:
Not sure it`s quite as simple as that old boy, its all about numbers, all about what your inside man is doing, you can`t just pin in on one player without looking at individual scenarios as they happen, I am sure Bill does get it wrong but there is obviously a reason he comes in and commits to a man and I don`t think he is particularly any worse for it than Lyne or Arundel.


A winger left on the own usually starts in the middle.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2308
Location: Tomorrowland
PopTart wrote:
A winger left on the own usually starts in the middle.


Exactly, as I say it`s all about numbers and its never easy to pinpoint exactly where it goes wrong, exactly for a fan watching the game at full speed, I would bet in the video review as you say we have got it wrong 3 or 4 men in from the centre.
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:02 pm  

User avatarTimmySmith wrote:
TimmySmith User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Posts: 103
homme vaste wrote:
Not sure it`s quite as simple as that old boy, its all about numbers, all about what your inside man is doing, you can`t just pin in on one player without looking at individual scenarios as they happen, I am sure Bill does get it wrong but there is obviously a reason he comes in and commits to a man and I don`t think he is particularly any worse for it than Lyne or Arundel.


Never said that wasn’t the case... I actually think whilst it looks like Bill shot out of the line for the Mano try, it was actually because we were never set correctly when the ball was played subsequently leaving us on the back foot and giving Warrington the numbers.

I was simply pointing out that Bill does get it wrong, as you confirmed. Maybe I shouldn’t of said “so often”...
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14260
Location: wakefield
The best and worse things for us were both out wide for me

Charney went through Kaye and Kaye should have s ored, but equally Kaye did some good runs and got us out of trouble

Kershaw should have got with Max on his break and should have scored a couple of times and should have killed the ball on the scramble try but equally he defended the high ball well and got us off our line and took his try really well.

I just felt if TJ or even BJB were on either wing we'd have converted some of those chances.

There was a lot of good on the field tonight but we just made too many errors which cost us a lot of field position.

It was always going to be a difficult game and we were still getting something at the end.

Learn and move on to Cas.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm  

User avatarTimmySmith wrote:
TimmySmith User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Posts: 103
PopTart wrote:
The best and worse things for us were both out wide for me

Charney went through Kaye and Kaye should have s ored, but equally Kaye did some good runs and got us out of trouble

Kershaw should have got with Max on his break and should have scored a couple of times and should have killed the ball on the scramble try but equally he defended the high ball well and got us off our line and took his try really well.

I just felt if TJ or even BJB were on either wing we'd have converted some of those chances.

There was a lot of good on the field tonight but we just made too many errors which cost us a lot of field position.

It was always going to be a difficult game and we were still getting something at the end.

Learn and move on to Cas.


Sadly often the case with the Trin but as you say, on to Cas!
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 891
Defensive frailties apart ,we looked really good going forwards when we moved the ball down the line ,but far too often we reverted back to one out rugby which the wires easily defended against .Not having a pop at the big bopper here as he took his try well but was doing an awful lot of the walking with ball in hand stuff , that may work on lesser teams but not the bigger ones . Top teams will always punish you for your mistakes and indiscretions and that’s what happened tonight .Take it onboard and move on and hopefully lessons learnt.
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:28 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 2608
Bad day at the office, move on to next week. Hope the injuries are nothing that will keep anyone out.
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:29 pm  

User avatarTimmySmith wrote:
TimmySmith User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Posts: 103
Sacred Cow wrote:
Bad day at the office, move on to next week. Hope the injuries are nothing that will keep anyone out.


I fear Reece’s might leave him on the sideline for a few weeks, shame after today’s news about the England side.
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 pm  

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 811
Location: Wakefield
Didn’t see the game so can’t really comment, sounds like we had plenty of opportunities to score more points, though letting any team score that many points isn’t good enough, especially how well our defence has been in recent weeks. Onwards and upwards to Cas!
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Squad for Warrington Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14260
Location: wakefield
FIL wrote:
At least Salford are getting stuffed ....and Pauli Pauli has just been sent off !!!!


I thought PP was a bit unlucky with that.
I probably wouldn't have even given a penalty.

The first sin bin I thought was a bit tight too.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOJ042, charlie, cocker, Last to be picked, madkeentrin, Willzay and 122 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,186,9731,17578,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
Fri 30th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Wests16-18NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 20 Brisbane37-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 29th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Sydney28-0Parramatta
SLRND: 16 Catalans40-20Wakefield
SL RND: 16 Hull FC12-22Leeds
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 18 529 378 151 22
Cronulla 18 370 418 -48 16
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
 
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
Gold Coast 18 426 478 -52 14
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 18 236 566 -330 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 15 459 246 213 28 186.59 93.33
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 13 298 237 61 15 125.74 57.69
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X