FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Now we are an elite Academy...
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35935
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:4618th Apr 24 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:53 am  
Can we please make the player's section on the website a bit more elite, please?

The player profiles are poor for the first team but tbh we know a fair bit about them.

The U19's are virtually non-existent and the U17's has an empty page!

This is important to a lot of fans who want to know about up-and-coming players. It's important to the player themselves, it matters at that age. It matters that we look professional showing that we really are a community club promoting youngsters.

If I thought it a hugely problematic thing I'd not complain but it isn't. Just takes one person to compile the info and one to put it up. We have something in our Academy that for once we can lead the way with just by being incredibly professional at very little cost. And yes I will gladly do them all if someone sends me the info and images in whatever format is suitable

Something like this. Just basic stuff.

Only the first team needs weight and height adding, not needed for juniors for obvious reason.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6127No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200419 years32nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 12:2415th Apr 24 11:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 am  
Completely agree. I’ve taken more of an interest in the academy of late especially with the games shown on trinity tv and Facebook. There’s a lot of talent in that team and it would be nice to have a more professional and up to date squad section on the website.

Hopefully someone listens and acts on your feedback.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 am  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Completely agree. I’ve taken more of an interest in the academy of late especially with the games shown on trinity tv and Facebook. There’s a lot of talent in that team and it would be nice to have a more professional and up to date squad section on the website.

Hopefully someone listens and acts on your feedback.

Yep, for most of us who don't have much knowledge of the junior scene, it really helps us enjoy the game and pick out players we like.

I also think it's a great way for the club to support and showcase the amateur clubs that are producing the raw material.

Most importantly we can't stand on our laurels, we worked hard to get this and we need to keep it as others will challenge us in the future. We have to look as slick as we seem to be playing.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2187
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 201112 years149th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 08:2917th Apr 24 08:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 am  
I agree and also in line with this sort out the unprofessional way the 1873 draw is done, It needs to be done on the same day every week, ideally live on Facebook/Twitter, it really is a joke the sporadic nature of the draw, some of us pay quite a bit of money in to it in order to support the junior/academy development and although not in it just for the prize, it would be nice to see it done properly, I got a voucher 2 weeks ago in the post abs the draw was only published last week :shock:
BTW academy in action again this Saturday 2PM against london, £5 entry or free for season ticket holders, I’ll finally be able to make it for a game this week and very much looking forward to it :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:45 am  
financialtimes wrote:
I agree and also in line with this sort out the unprofessional way the 1873 draw is done, It needs to be done on the same day every week, ideally live on Facebook/Twitter, it really is a joke the sporadic nature of the draw, some of us pay quite a bit of money in to it in order to support the junior/academy development and although not in it just for the prize, it would be nice to see it done properly, I got a voucher 2 weeks ago in the post abs the draw was only published last week :shock:
BTW academy in action again this Saturday 2PM against london, £5 entry or free for season ticket holders, I’ll finally be able to make it for a game this week and very much looking forward to it :thumb:

I gave up on 1873, I won 4 prizes, never got an e-mail to tell me how to claim them so I never did. To be honest I wasn't bothered anyway about the prizes but it would be nice. I've now cancelled the 10 lines I had and will re-join with just one now that hopefully, we are getting back to normal, but it would have been nice to have at least been notified other than seeing my name on Facebook.

I know the club struggles with money and can't be as slick as others. I also realise there are massive issues going on in the background concentrating peoples minds but occasionally the club admin lets itself down a bit on basics.

I may be harsh, but the devil is in the detail.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2187
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 201112 years149th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 08:2917th Apr 24 08:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:33 am  
vastman wrote:
I may be harsh, but the devil is in the detail.

Not harsh at all, there are championship clubs and league one clubs working on smaller budgets and less paid staff than us, that put some of our club to shame, considering we actually employ 2 people to cover the social media channels, its shameful. The community trust social media is far better, maybe due to individuals each having input along with the allocated social media personnel, the club isn't even close to the community trust on this which is shocking to say the least. I'm 54 so not so down wiv da youff, but I'm an ex-sales and marketing manager in recent years and understand the importance of getting your social media presence right/consistent/relative and up to date. a small investment in getting the right people with the right approach to this would have massive (and relatively cheap to do) benefits :?
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 am  
financialtimes wrote:
Not harsh at all, there are championship clubs and league one clubs working on smaller budgets and less paid staff than us, that put some of our club to shame, considering we actually employ 2 people to cover the social media channels, its shameful. The community trust social media is far better, maybe due to individuals each having input along with the allocated social media personnel, the club isn't even close to the community trust on this which is shocking to say the least. I'm 54 so not so down wiv da youff, but I'm an ex-sales and marketing manager in recent years and understand the importance of getting your social media presence right/consistent/relative and up to date. a small investment in getting the right people with the right approach to this would have massive (and relatively cheap to do) benefits :?

Glad it's not just me.

One of the few failings of this regime compared to previous ones is how little chance they give to volunteers with the right skill sets.

Like the Ted regime or not Wisca and Coolcats etc were brilliant and we don't seem to have that now.

I'm not a web designer as such but I have all the skills. I know the website these days is not as vital as Facebook etc but it's still a gateway to the club.

I'm going to ask if I can get involved and spruce it up

1: Needs the squad page as discussed.

2: The shop needs a complete facelift.

3: We need a section linking us to our partner clubs in the junior game (ie Stanley, Crigg, Eastmoor etc), we are part of the community!

4: Get all purchases online, memberships, the lottery the lot, so you can sign up in minutes on your PC or phone.

5: Anyone else with anything they would like to add?

It won't be an overnight transformation but I do feel I could make it far more slick and informative.

Let you all know (for those interested)
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:15 pm  
financialtimes wrote:

Also.

The reason I don't want to sound too harsh is that IMO Trinity does pretty well in most respects all things considered.

I work for numerous Supermarkets, generally the benchmark for efficiency. One, which shall remain nameless has finally produced definitive guidelines for the sizing and positioning of Barcodes by its suppliers. Barcodes first appeared in the mid-'80s and have been a vital retail tool ever since. That's 35 years to produce a 2-page document, so it does kind of make Trinity look better than we sometimes give them credit for.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 12:4716th Apr 24 16:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:01 pm  
I’d highly recommend if you haven’t getting down to the Scholarship and Academy games at the ground rather than on Trinity TV/social media etc.

With the lower spectators you just feel much closer to the action (which sounds odd I know given how close you are to the pitch on first team games) and you also get a real feeling for the impacts these lads put their bodies through.

Some cracking rugby on display too and great to get a glimpse of some of the future talent coming though the club.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4145
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years217th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 14:4916th Mar 24 09:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Now we are an elite Academy... : Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:05 pm  
Vastman, did you manage to get anywhere in regards to TrinityTV? I think you were going to speak to the club about trying to make it easier to find stuff on there, but I could be wrong.
Next