RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Academy
Academy Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:14 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31278
Location: Poodle Power!
Another win

FULL-TIME: Castleford Tigers U17s 26-30 Wakefield Trinity U17s

I think that First Team/ U19/U17 are on a combined 6 match winning run.

Don't want to tempt fate but that's pretty good going over a 4 week period.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Academy Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:25 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1625
Location: Behind the Sticks
Well done lads! :D
At least the young 'uns can beat Cas! :lol:
Re: Academy Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:06 am  

Luppylad wrote:
Luppylad Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 631
vastman wrote:
Another win

FULL-TIME: Castleford Tigers U17s 26-30 Wakefield Trinity U17s

I think that First Team/ U19/U17 are on a combined 6 match winning run.

Don't want to tempt fate but that's pretty good going over a 4 week period.


Dont forget under 16s too vasty, there next out on wednesday away at leeds
Re: Academy Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10817
Sounds like u19s stuffing Warrington
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Academy Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:10 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3466
Another 2 try’s for that young winger again including a full length effort. Lad can score some try’s.

There’s certainly some talent in that team. Wire never in it by sounds, 2 late consolation try’s.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Academy Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:19 pm  

wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm
Posts: 1185
Went to the match today, impressive performance first half but heat looked to take its toll 2nd half. Goal kicker missed a few and at least one try chalked off in the 2nd half.

Certainly some talent in the ranks.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: Academy Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 pm  

Luppylad wrote:
Luppylad Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Posts: 631
Academy back out on saturday home to london hopefully the lads can keep there good start to season going..before then under 16s lads face rhinos at headingley a very tpugh match for the lads but one im sure they keep the clubs teams run of form going...
Re: Academy Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31278
Location: Poodle Power!
Finally got around to watching the U19's game v, Warrington,

What surprised me was the size and physical maturity of some of the lads.

In the past whenever I've watched Trinity Academy teams I have to say that we did tend to look like the waifs and strays team. Don't know the reasons but we do seem to have picked up a number of players who in the past I believe would have gone elsewhere. As you'd expect the forwards are the most impressive but across the park, there are far fewer 'boys' than in the past, who I tended to believe were making up the numbers. With this team there seem to be very few who don't at least look physically capable of the first team at some point in the future.

Eseh and Ruan are very big units for that age and Windrow, O'Donovan, Leeson, Ferguson, and Mitchel are not far behind with plenty of growth left in them.

Did we get the pick this time?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Academy Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:49 pm  

dboy wrote:
dboy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 3329
Location: Barnsley
vastman wrote:
Finally got around to watching the U19's game v, Warrington,

What surprised me was the size and physical maturity of some of the lads.

In the past whenever I've watched Trinity Academy teams I have to say that we did tend to look like the waifs and strays team. Don't know the reasons but we do seem to have picked up a number of players who in the past I believe would have gone elsewhere. As you'd expect the forwards are the most impressive but across the park, there are far fewer 'boys' than in the past, who I tended to believe were making up the numbers. With this team there seem to be very few who don't at least look physically capable of the first team at some point in the future.

Eseh and Ruan are very big units for that age and Windrow, O'Donovan, Leeson, Ferguson, and Mitchel are not far behind with plenty of growth left in them.

Did we get the pick this time?


The academy players train in the gym every morning at 7am at Wakefield College, before having breakfast (free), then doing their study course.

Then some of them also attend training at BV, after their college day ends.

They are athletes!

Mark Applegarth is giving these learners every chance of making it in the game.
Re: Academy Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm  
financialtimes User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 1853
dboy wrote:
The academy players train in the gym every morning at 7am at Wakefield College, before having breakfast (free), then doing their study course.

Then some of them also attend training at BV, after their college day ends.

They are athletes!

Mark Applegarth is giving these learners every chance of making it in the game.


Yep, mash has definitely got these lads best interests at heart, when my lad was in the academy 2017-2019 even though he didn’t attend Wakefield college he was in the gym every morning with the other lads :thumb:
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword
Image
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOJ042, eastardsley, Emley Cat, RickK, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 144 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,184,40878478,6739,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 25th Jul
CH
LIVE
Sheffield28-40Halifax
CH
LIVE
Batley42-12Newcastle
CH
LIVE
Bradford30-36Featherstone
CH
LIVE
Whitehaven28-24Oldham
CH
LIVE
York46-10Swinton
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-12Coventry
L1
LIVE
Hunslet20-20Keighley
WSL
LIVE
YorkW0-0Hudds W
NRL
LIVE
St.George10-32Gold Coast
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury24-44Cronulla
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
SL RND: 13 Catalans32-30Hull KR
Fri 23rd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Sydney28-8Newcastle
NRL RND: 19 NQL Cowboys16-20Melbourne
SL RND: 15 Leeds38-16Salford
SLRND: 15 Wigan25-12Wakefield
Thu 22nd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Parramatta10-12Canberra
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 14 419 226 193 26 185.40 92.86
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 13 408 213 195 19 191.55 73.08
Wigan 15 247 268 -21 20 92.16 66.67
Hull FC 12 286 215 71 15 133.02 62.50
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 14 332 251 81 14 132.27 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 15 259 354 -95 8 73.16 26.67
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 13 573 166 407 26 345.18 100
Halifax 14 398 199 199 20 200 71.43
Bradford 13 354 315 39 18 112.38 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 14 370 286 84 18 129.37 64.29
 
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Newcastle 13 284 400 -116 11 71 42.31
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Whitehaven 14 277 396 -119 11 69.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
Oldham 13 190 470 -280 4 40.43 15.38
Swinton 14 234 529 -295 0 44.23 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X