JoinedServiceReputation
May 16 200915 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Apr 23 18:2529th Apr 23 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 am  
The last try was a very good try by Mason Lino. He was a player I enjoyed watching in the NRL.Liam Kay was a crowd favourite for Leigh in the championship. His late crucial try on Sunday was prevented by Joe Mellor. As I said, enjoyed the match and well done on the victory. Sometimes things go for you. Sometimes they don't. Hey hoi and onto the next game for both of us.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2989
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20186 years43rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 15:182nd May 24 23:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We're all Trin aren't we?

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am  
underthesticks wrote:
The last try was a very good try by Mason Lino. He was a player I enjoyed watching in the NRL.Liam Kay was a crowd favourite for Leigh in the championship. His late crucial try on Sunday was prevented by Joe Mellor. As I said, enjoyed the match and well done on the victory. Sometimes things go for you. Sometimes they don't. Hey hoi and onto the next game for both of us.

On the footage it looked a try and both the touch judge and in goal judge both said try.
I'm sure they were closer to it than you - unless you were either of them, but then if you were, you wouldn't have given it.....
And you haven't mentioned the forward pass try that my mate would have caught on the west terrace had the player not caught it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6179No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200419 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 22:212nd May 24 21:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:31 am  
Ok so I watched on trinity tv which had an angle behind the posts.

Liam Kay - definite try and to my surprise he got it Down before going over. I wasn’t sure at the game but was clear as day on the trinity tv angle.

The try where it was kicked ahead I thought it was a knock on on the our league and sky sports highlights angles. On the trinity tv angle behind sticks he clearly grounds the ball.

Angles are a funny thing but as far as the try’s go the officials got them right.

There were however some terrible inconsistencies throughout the game.

Arona getting pushed at marker by Leigh Player get six again. Couple minutes later Carbon copy Kershaw pushes Leigh marker and penalty Leigh.

Can understand why it’s absolutely infuriating for fans when some officials can’t seem to consistently apply the rules. It’s either the rules or officials that are the issue.

Liam hood lucky to still be on the pitch imo and how he managed to not get a ban. He must have some good dirt on the panel because Ashurst got 2 matches and there was no difference in the two.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 23 20168 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Mar 23 14:1429th Oct 22 10:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:38 am  
underthesticks wrote:

I thought it was a great game and before the match didn't underestimate Leigh at all as there's some genuine quality in the team, tho I'm not sure why Nathan Peats isn't the starting 9

Elliott is a good fb and I liked Bell at 13...if Westy goes and Leigh do go down I'd like us to sign him...creative in attack and solid in D, just needs a bit more experience at SL level...talking of which I think it was our experience in tight mercy relegation 4 pointers & deciders that saw us through this game, when we needed to we found a way to win
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 16 200915 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Apr 23 18:2529th Apr 23 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:33 pm  
Agreed. Was a cracking match which could have easily gone either way. I see where you are coming from re Nathan Peats. You would think a former origin player must start for Leigh. However, Liam hood is our captain and to be honest is easily one of our best and most talented players. We will do well to hold onto him and may have to offer big money to do so. Plus, Leigh had zero prop forwards on the bench on Sunday. and were just about able to field seventeen men. Due to Peats being versatile,, he is often not operating at nine for us, but filling in wherever he can to help the team.

Nice to hear someone talking sense about Leigh. Several of our players have already been offered SL deals elsewhere for next year. We need troops back and to start giving 100 percent week in week out, rather than picking and choosing. and then we should be competitive. Wakefield did well to turn the corner and are now look a much more confident team. Hope Leigh can do the same.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 200618 years256th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Dec 23 15:2219th Oct 23 17:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:13 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:

Liam Kay - definite try and to my surprise he got it Down before going over. I wasn’t sure at the game but was clear as day on the trinity tv angle.

The try where it was kicked ahead I thought it was a knock on on the our league and sky sports highlights angles. On the trinity tv angle behind sticks he clearly grounds the ball.

Angles are a funny thing but as far as the try’s go the officials got them right.

Arona getting pushed at marker by Leigh Player get six again. Couple minutes later Carbon copy Kershaw pushes Leigh marker and penalty Leigh.

Can understand why it’s absolutely infuriating for fans when some officials can’t seem to consistently apply the rules. It’s either the rules or officials that are the issue.

Liam hood lucky to still be on the pitch imo and how he managed to not get a ban. He must have some good dirt on the panel because Ashurst got 2 matches and there was no difference in the two.

That Kershaw one should definitely have been ours because he was pushing the Leigh player to get him off the ball
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6179No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200419 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 22:212nd May 24 21:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:30 pm  
Schunter wrote:
Trojan Horse wrote:

That Kershaw one should definitely have been ours because he was pushing the Leigh player to get him off the ball

I agree. If there was any consistency it would have been six again as it was for Leigh only minutes prior when the Leigh player shoved Arona (at marker) and was rewarded with a six again.

Personally I think the 6 again needs binning off. Every ref seems to have different opinions and tolerances on it. With the snap decisions they are making and play continuing there’s plenty of inconsistencies in the calls.

6 again, stripping rule and no scrums needs to be binned. It’s made the sport lose a lot of its creativity for a more direct/speed based game trying to win repeat sets. There used to be some belting plays from scrums too. It’s a shame really but the game isn’t as exciting as it was a few years ago to watch.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2551
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 19 201212 years77th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 19:441st May 24 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:32 pm  
Like the game without the scrums ,but coaches find away of cheeting .in this country .In Australia the no scrums have taken the game to another level
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 23 20168 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Mar 23 14:1429th Oct 22 10:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:03 pm  
for me 6 again is just an excuse to put more pressure on a team on their own line as there's minimal risk of a penalty being given - get rid
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2900
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 20159 years149th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 22:381st May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh : Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:00 pm  
steve1g wrote:
I thought it was a great game and before the match didn't underestimate Leigh at all as there's some genuine quality in the team, tho I'm not sure why Nathan Peats isn't the starting 9

Elliott is a good fb and I liked Bell at 13...if Westy goes and Leigh do go down I'd like us to sign him...creative in attack and solid in D, just needs a bit more experience at SL level...talking of which I think it was our experience in tight mercy relegation 4 pointers & deciders that saw us through this game, when we needed to we found a way to win

Very much agree with you regarding Bell, steve. A very good, hard, strong and straight running LF who made at least one very dangerous break. I too would like to see him at BV should JW move to Cas.
PreviousNext