RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Slowest try ever
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 18128
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
1873 wrote:
Cas fans had a go at him last week, prompting him to to put shirtless photos on social media, no fat on him - just over developed, compensating power for lost pace?


He was pretty much stood opposite me about 10 yards away from me for most of the second half.

He looks to have absolutely packed on the muscle on his upper body in particular.

I was quite shocked to see his shape, more in line with a body builder rather than a rugby player.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 8:08 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
jonh wrote:
He was pretty much stood opposite me about 10 yards away from me for most of the second half.

He looks to have absolutely packed on the muscle on his upper body in particular.

I was quite shocked to see his shape, more in line with a body builder rather than a rugby player.


No mate you must have been near me but I know fat when I see it, that used to be my excuse!

Sorry it was fat mainly and way more than any winger should have. His legs were so fat I bet he gets chub rub when he runs.

I actually like Hall as a player and a person but I reckon he put pounds on in rehab that he just can’t lose which is a shame.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 8:26 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4430
Location: WF4
imwakefieldtillidie wrote:
I've a feeling he might have shouted for it!


I thought that, but I'm sure the KR man had already looked behind him and must have seen Arona was there?
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 am  

User avatarwakeytrin wrote:
wakeytrin User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3974
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
King Street Cat wrote:
I thought that, but I'm sure the KR man had already looked behind him and must have seen Arona was there?

Listened to Radio Leeds game highlights. They said HKR player looked at Arona before he passed.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 8:48 am  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 18128
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
vastman wrote:
No mate you must have been near me but I know fat when I see it, that used to be my excuse!

Sorry it was fat mainly and way more than any winger should have. His legs were so fat I bet he gets chub rub when he runs.

I actually like Hall as a player and a person but I reckon he put pounds on in rehab that he just can’t lose which is a shame.


Just been on his Instagram from after the game last week, responding to some of the Cas fans calling him fat.

Put it this way, I wish I was as fat as him!

The weight he is carrying is clearly in my opinion tactical and probably there to mask an issue he has elsewhere ie loss of pace etc.

I know the conditioning coach at KR and he is very very good as his job so I would guess that it is a conscious decision to bulk him.

To be fair at his age it’s not unusual for outside backs to go through this process. Jerry McGillvray at Hudds is the same. With a loss of pace they add the pounds to use them as an extra prop carrying the ball off the line.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 10:03 am  

User avatarBarnsleyGull wrote:
BarnsleyGull User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am
Posts: 1628
Location: Behind the Sticks
jonh wrote:
One of the strangest tries I’ve seen.

I thought he was going to need Lino to finish at one point, he looked like he was running in treacle.

Another odd one was the KR kick off that went out on the full and halfway up the North Stand. Don’t recall ever seeing one go so far out beyond the dead ball line.


Totally bizarre! :lol:
Tini seemed to stand with the ball in his hands for five minutes before deciding to run with it! :lol:
It was a bit of a stroll to the line, but he got there eventually! :lol:
I thought Lino was going to have to help him over the line in the end! :lol:
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 12:02 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
jonh wrote:
Just been on his Instagram from after the game last week, responding to some of the Cas fans calling him fat.

Put it this way, I wish I was as fat as him!

The weight he is carrying is clearly in my opinion tactical and probably there to mask an issue he has elsewhere ie loss of pace etc.

I know the conditioning coach at KR and he is very very good as his job so I would guess that it is a conscious decision to bulk him.

To be fair at his age it’s not unusual for outside backs to go through this process. Jerry McGillvray at Hudds is the same. With a loss of pace they add the pounds to use them as an extra prop carrying the ball off the line.


I think you are being very tactful, he's fat. I get the idea but I'd suggest it's gone way beyond tactical. Let's be right here, he was always big enough to do that roll without adding weight, can't go with you on this one.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 12:05 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14271
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
I think you are being very tactful, he's fat. I get the idea but I'd suggest it's gone way beyond tactical. Let's be right here, he was always big enough to do that roll without adding weight, can't go with you on this one.


He is well muscled. There is no fat on him at all.
That might affect him speed wise but he isn't fat.

I'd still have him here.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 12:24 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10830
If Ryan Hall is fat what does that make half of our fan base :lol:
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Slowest try ever Mon May 24, 2021 1:52 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
He is well muscled. There is no fat on him at all.
That might affect him speed wise but he isn't fat.

I'd still have him here.


I don't like agreeing with Cas fans, but he's fat.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coco the fullback and 91 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,46778378,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X