RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Huddersfield tickets
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 4:21 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9659
wrencat1873 wrote:
Should (or maybe that's Shudd) fans be coming from Covid riddled Kirklees to BV on Sunday ?

Having just started to come out of almost 6 months "lockdown", it seems ludicrous to have people coming from that particular area "just" to watch a game of RL.
I realise that many of their fans wont live in the Kirklees area but, this is madness.


Covid riddled??? I live kirklees. In an area where there are ZERO cases of Covid.
I live 16 miles away from the concentration of Covid cases within kirklees. I actually live closer to Lancashire than I do to that area of kirklees.
Your stadium is 8 miles away from that conventration- perhaps it should be those in Wakefield that shouldn’t be travelling.......
You say “do t have a go” but you are claiming it’s ludicrous those in kirklees come to watch the game so don’t seem surprised when someone “has a go at you” when what’s ludicrous is the idea of all of kirklees being lumped together
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 4:41 pm  

User avatarWildthing wrote:
Wildthing User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:13 pm
Posts: 11855
Location: The City of Wakefield

Let's not get too carried away re: COVID. Plus guests to this forum be careful 'having a go' at posters or it may be a short visit.
Let's keep it RL related chat, thanks.
Wakefield TRINITY
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 4:51 pm  
Kirmudgeonlyisback Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Posts: 194
wrencat1873 wrote:
Should (or maybe that's Shudd) fans be coming from Covid riddled Kirklees to BV on Sunday ?

Having just started to come out of almost 6 months "lockdown", it seems ludicrous to have people coming from that particular area "just" to watch a game of RL.
I realise that many of their fans wont live in the Kirklees area but, this is madness.


Just to get this in to perspective COVID riddled Kirklees in last seven days is 437 , wakefield is 1,998 so perhaps it’s wakefield residents that should be banned from coming into the ground to protect Kirklees residents.

The government guidance actually referred to north Kirklees - eg dewsbury, batley spen valley and Mir field , not Shelley Shelley denby dale scisset where there have been virtually no cases in the last three weeks.

We’ve bought three tickets and are prepared to come in to wakefield because we think the risk is actually pretty minimal.

Hopefully the ground will be as full as capacity will allow with a mixture of all fans, really enjoyed last week and felt very safe in the ground compliments to all involved
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 5:03 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 16289
jools wrote:
Covid riddled??? I live kirklees. In an area where there are ZERO cases of Covid.
I live 16 miles away from the concentration of Covid cases within kirklees. I actually live closer to Lancashire than I do to that area of kirklees.
Your stadium is 8 miles away from that conventration- perhaps it should be those in Wakefield that shouldn’t be travelling.......
You say “do t have a go” but you are claiming it’s ludicrous those in kirklees come to watch the game so don’t seem surprised when someone “has a go at you” when what’s ludicrous is the idea of all of kirklees being lumped together


Relax man.
The news that was on yesterday evening referred to "Kirklees" and wasn't specific within the district.
It also suggested that people shouldn't travel to and from the area for anything other than essential travel.

If this has been clarified / updated since, that's great and I hope that you enjoy your trip over here (not too much, of course).

However, after what everyone has been through over the last 12 months or so, IF and I repeat IF Kirklees is on some kind of "red" or "amber" list, with guidance being not to travel in and out of that area, then, coming over for a game of rugby is bonkers.

As things stand, It's the actions of selfish people that has prolonged the pandemic in the UK (lets remember that it''s the INDIAN variant that is most prevalent at present) so, no apology from me but, I'm happy to be corrected if things have moved on.

As I said, enjoy the game !
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 5:12 pm  
Kirmudgeonlyisback Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Posts: 194
BarnsleyGull wrote:
There were no fans in yesterday! :lol:
lol indeed
Re: Huddersfield tickets Wed May 26, 2021 6:57 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 8555
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
wrencat1873 wrote:
Relax man.


As things stand, It's the actions of selfish people that has prolonged the pandemic in the UK (lets remember that it''s the INDIAN variant that is most prevalent at present) so, no apology from me but, I'm happy to be corrected if things have moved on.

!


Where's John Wayne when you need him? :SHOOT:
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.
Re: Huddersfield tickets Thu May 27, 2021 9:52 pm  

STB wrote:
STB Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:47 pm
Posts: 30
Kirmudgeonlyisback wrote:
Just to get this in to perspective COVID riddled Kirklees in last seven days is 437 , wakefield is 1,998 so perhaps it’s wakefield residents that should be banned from coming into the ground to protect Kirklees residents.

The government guidance actually referred to north Kirklees - eg dewsbury, batley spen valley and Mir field , not Shelley Shelley denby dale scisset where there have been virtually no cases in the last three weeks.

We’ve bought three tickets and are prepared to come in to wakefield because we think the risk is actually pretty minimal.

Hopefully the ground will be as full as capacity will allow with a mixture of all fans, really enjoyed last week and felt very safe in the ground compliments to all involved

Purely because I'm a stickler for accurate facts being quoted, according to official Govt figures seven days up to 25 May, Kirklees 485 positive tests, Wakefield 150. As you were!
Re: Huddersfield tickets Fri May 28, 2021 1:06 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Posts: 385
[quote]
Purely because I'm a stickler for accurate facts being quoted, according to official Govt figures seven days up to 25 May, Kirklees 485 positive tests, Wakefield 150. As you were![/quote]

you do realise how big an are 'kirklees' covers don't you? and 80% of the areas with the highest covid rates are smack bang next door to wakefield council area, surely if we are going to worry about case rates we should worry about where they actually are rather than what silly council name they come under. There are only 2 areas of HUDDERSFIELD with over 10 cases yet the 4 'Kirklees' wards immediately bordering Wakefield ALL have over 15 and as high as 72, clearly the issue is geographically closer to Wakefield than Huddersfield regardless of what numbers are given for some made up name for a large area, anyone can see this so to pretend it isn't an issue anywhere near Wakefield is pretty silly, it is it's on Wakefield's doorstep.
Re: Huddersfield tickets Fri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm  
Kirmudgeonlyisback Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Posts: 194
STB wrote:
Purely because I'm a stickler for accurate facts being quoted, according to official Govt figures seven days up to 25 May, Kirklees 485 positive tests, Wakefield 150. As you were!

Clearly your not as my facts came from Kirklees and Wakefield council web sites . Seems to me your more of a stickler for finding facts that suit your preconceptions
Re: Huddersfield tickets Fri May 28, 2021 2:23 pm  
Kirmudgeonlyisback Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:28 pm
Posts: 194
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
you do realise how big an are 'kirklees' covers don't you? and 80% of the areas with the highest covid rates are smack bang next door to wakefield council area, surely if we are going to worry about case rates we should worry about where they actually are rather than what silly council name they come under. There are only 2 areas of HUDDERSFIELD with over 10 cases yet the 4 'Kirklees' wards immediately bordering Wakefield ALL have over 15 and as high as 72, clearly the issue is geographically closer to Wakefield than Huddersfield regardless of what numbers are given for some made up name for a large area, anyone can see this so to pretend it isn't an issue anywhere near Wakefield is pretty silly, it is it's on Wakefield's doorstep.

Nah he/she/it is too busy looking for facts to demonstrate any common sense
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brightside, bulls2487, burtonsrlfc, charlie, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, JINJER, Joe Banjo, Khlav Kalash, Last to be picked, pamsboy, REDWHITEANDBLUE, sandcat20, vastman, Willzay, wotsupcas and 225 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SLRND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::