RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Chester out part 65
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2212
Location: Tomorrowland
And on the back of that post, we need a complete switch up for this week or KR will beat us by 30 points, Tony Smith will be rubbing his hands looking at the tapes.
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 pm  
Mary Millington User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:09 am
Posts: 412
Location: Guarding MC's millions.
homme vaste wrote:
It`s strange PT, because when I gave a detailed response to your previous post on this with lots of specifics on just how this loss was down to coaching (See page 5 of this thread) you didn`t want to know, you went into hiding hoping that if you close your eyes the actual facts might go away during the week and yet you come back with lists of generic points that seem to back your point up but really mean nothing what so ever.

To save you going back and looking, here’s the contents of the post, should you want to address any of the actual issues?

I just can`t get my head around this comment what so ever PT, you are either completely deluded or have zero clue on this what so ever, or maybe didn`t watch the game?

Whilst there were a couple of bad referee calls granted, The game last night for me was a classic chess match of coaching... There was a clear game plan from Leeds to play the basics, every man and his dog could see that. We started playing one man up into to the back of the ruck and they had a man pressing up every time with a man on the inside after the first set, we failed to change that tactic other than a couple runs from Westerman and Tanginoa then went straight back to it, it didn`t work, we got dominated every tackle, they won the ruck and won the field position, switching up every other play and running a couple of different lines may have helped us out a bit, hell maybe even throw some basic shift plays on.

When things got tough, the pressure ramped up and errors started creeping in for both sides, you could see the call sent down from Agar because they went back to basics once again, stopped forcing silly passes, put some depth in there line which they had lacked over the game, played with the first man and sometimes second man off as dummy runner and that`s all they needed to do to gain that advantage back again, other coaches will pick up a couple of swings in that game on the video tape and do exactly the same. Our answer to that should of been talked about all week, how we are resilient, how we adapt during a game, which set plays we go to, which structure we go to well it turns out PT we seemed to have nothing? Our answer was to throw some very silly wild passes, to pass the ball to Lyne to run around like a headless chicken hoping we could find some space - As much as that is players making some silly decisions, were is the structure? Where are the ideas? Where is the resilience? Where is the game plan?

I will give us some credit, I thought our scramble defence was good, but I thought Leeds chose the wrong option time after time on our line throughout.

People can talk about the last call, but we should not have been in that position to let 1 ref call influence the result.

On top of everything this morning I was told Jowitt was not to be offered a new deal for next year which I really hope isn`t true, he does a job wherever he is asked to play, not too sure what the lad does wrong but we would rather persist with picking the wrong option time after time.


FFS :CRAZY:
Wakefield till I die, I'm Wakefield I eat pie.
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 1:59 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10694
I don’t buy the theory that the team needs fans to win games - they managed to do so last year albeit it took a while. Like how we need to play at Belle Vue to would be a big help - won more games away than at home last year.

And now apparently we are struggling to sell tickets for Sunday. Oh gee, I wonder why that is.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 2:12 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14164
Location: wakefield
homme vaste wrote:
It`s strange PT, because when I gave a detailed response to your previous post on this with lots of specifics on just how this loss was down to coaching (See page 5 of this thread) you didn`t want to know, you went into hiding hoping that if you close your eyes the actual facts might go away during the week and yet you come back with lists of generic points that seem to back your point up but really mean nothing what so ever.

To save you going back and looking, here’s the contents of the post, should you want to address any of the actual issues?

I just can`t get my head around this comment what so ever PT, you are either completely deluded or have zero clue on this what so ever, or maybe didn`t watch the game?

Whilst there were a couple of bad referee calls granted, The game last night for me was a classic chess match of coaching... There was a clear game plan from Leeds to play the basics, every man and his dog could see that. We started playing one man up into to the back of the ruck and they had a man pressing up every time with a man on the inside after the first set, we failed to change that tactic other than a couple runs from Westerman and Tanginoa then went straight back to it, it didn`t work, we got dominated every tackle, they won the ruck and won the field position, switching up every other play and running a couple of different lines may have helped us out a bit, hell maybe even throw some basic shift plays on.

When things got tough, the pressure ramped up and errors started creeping in for both sides, you could see the call sent down from Agar because they went back to basics once again, stopped forcing silly passes, put some depth in there line which they had lacked over the game, played with the first man and sometimes second man off as dummy runner and that`s all they needed to do to gain that advantage back again, other coaches will pick up a couple of swings in that game on the video tape and do exactly the same. Our answer to that should of been talked about all week, how we are resilient, how we adapt during a game, which set plays we go to, which structure we go to well it turns out PT we seemed to have nothing? Our answer was to throw some very silly wild passes, to pass the ball to Lyne to run around like a headless chicken hoping we could find some space - As much as that is players making some silly decisions, were is the structure? Where are the ideas? Where is the resilience? Where is the game plan?

I will give us some credit, I thought our scramble defence was good, but I thought Leeds chose the wrong option time after time on our line throughout.

People can talk about the last call, but we should not have been in that position to let 1 ref call influence the result.

On top of everything this morning I was told Jowitt was not to be offered a new deal for next year which I really hope isn`t true, he does a job wherever he is asked to play, not too sure what the lad does wrong but we would rather persist with picking the wrong option time after time.


So firstly, it may come as a surprise but I don't trawl your posts to see if there is anything relevant to me and I also have a life outside RLFans so forgive me for missing your comment on page 5.
Wow there are some needy people on here at the moment.

I think plenty of others are saying confidence is low, so sometimes we try to chase things and make mistakes.
You don't know what Chester's plan was nor whether he tried to change it. You think you know what his and Agar's plan was and ultimately we managed their pack better than we did last time.
The wild passes etc can't be put down to Chester.

For me Chester isn't the issue. He has issues to resolve clearly. But if you replace him, the same issues will be there.
People are judging him on the team you want to play, rather than the team that plays.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10694
No people are judging him on the 0/6 (0/7 with the cup game) win/loss ratio this year. And the the fact we only won 5 games in the league last year.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2212
Location: Tomorrowland
PopTart wrote:
So firstly, it may come as a surprise but I don't trawl your posts to see if there is anything relevant to me and I also have a life outside RLFans so forgive me for missing your comment on page 5.
Wow there are some needy people on here at the moment.

I think plenty of others are saying confidence is low, so sometimes we try to chase things and make mistakes.
You don't know what Chester's plan was nor whether he tried to change it. You think you know what his and Agar's plan was and ultimately we managed their pack better than we did last time.
The wild passes etc can't be put down to Chester.

For me Chester isn't the issue. He has issues to resolve clearly. But if you replace him, the same issues will be there.
People are judging him on the team you want to play, rather than the team that plays.


But that's the issue? We have nothing to go to so we have to throw those wild passes and try off the cuff play, do you not see that? It`s strange how every week it`s a different player that we are questioning why they would throw a pass like that or try something outrageous? They are trying to force something because as a collective we have nothing to go to.

I would hope a new coach might implement some decent structure into our attack and build some resilience into the team to be able to adapt during a game and not just stick with the same old regardless of it works or not.
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 2:48 pm  

Wildmoggy wrote:
Wildmoggy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 702
PopTart wrote:
So firstly, it may come as a surprise but I don't trawl your posts to see if there is anything relevant to me and I also have a life outside RLFans so forgive me for missing your comment on page 5.
Wow there are some needy people on here at the moment.

I think plenty of others are saying confidence is low, so sometimes we try to chase things and make mistakes.
You don't know what Chester's plan was nor whether he tried to change it. You think you know what his and Agar's plan was and ultimately we managed their pack better than we did last time.
The wild passes etc can't be put down to Chester.

For me Chester isn't the issue. He has issues to resolve clearly. But if you replace him, the same issues will be there.
People are judging him on the team you want to play, rather than the team that plays.


Is that their pack that contained a 17, 18 & 21 year old in it?! Gannon made more metres in that game than Chris Green probably has all season, a 17 year old, how embarrassing :oops:
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm  

BackSeatCoach Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Posts: 38
PopTart wrote:
Don't abuse the players or staff at the game.


I am assuming that you mean in terms of a personal abuse of a player? If not what is your definition of abuse?

Most of us go to BV and from time to time raise our voices and shout something like "that's bloody rubbish [insert players name]" or words to that effect. Is this abuse?

Yes, the personal and nasty stuff is non negotiable, and absolutely is not acceptable, but shouting disapproval in a firm manner is always going to happen.

It seems that some people in the modern era see this as abuse.
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm  

madkeentrin wrote:
madkeentrin Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Posts: 81
So what's to be done? I think most people accept that Chris Chester's time is coming to an end (including himself probably),but when and how.It would be nice to do as Cas and Wire are doing,appointing the new coach for next season and letting him take charge of forward planning; but they, of course, have no relegation fears.Hopefully we will get some wins and Chris can see out his tenure; but if we have a bad result against KR do we pull the trigger there and then and set on a new man,or wait to see what happens against Leigh.Either way it's a gamble.Or perhaps if Chester turns it round, he gets a new deal next year, and that part is something I really wouldn't want.I very much fear relegation this year, so I hope the club have a plan B if the next few results don't go our way.
Re: Chester out part 65 Mon May 17, 2021 3:14 pm  

BackSeatCoach Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Posts: 38
homme vaste wrote:

On top of everything this morning I was told Jowitt was not to be offered a new deal for next year which I really hope isn`t true, he does a job wherever he is asked to play, not too sure what the lad does wrong but we would rather persist with picking the wrong option time after time.


Scandalous. In every sense.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dboy, dpbnov, got there, imwakefieldtillidie, Khlav Kalash, Kirmudgeonlyisback, lampyboy, phe13, RickK, Schunter, Travelling Wilbury, trin77, Wakefield City, Willzay, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo, wrencat1873 and 203 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,167,6281,63378,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 14th Jun
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
L1 RND: 6 Crusaders0-68Doncaster
Sat 12th Jun
SL RND: 9 Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH RND: 9 Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1 RND: 6 Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1 RND: 6 LondonS10-62Hunslet
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X