JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 22 20186 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:4822nd Mar 24 13:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 am  
And on the back of that post, we need a complete switch up for this week or KR will beat us by 30 points, Tony Smith will be rubbing his hands looking at the tapes.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 200717 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jul 23 14:134th Jun 23 20:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wakefield till I die, I'm Wakefield I eat pie.

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 pm  
homme vaste wrote:
It`s strange PT, because when I gave a detailed response to your previous post on this with lots of specifics on just how this loss was down to coaching (See page 5 of this thread) you didn`t want to know, you went into hiding hoping that if you close your eyes the actual facts might go away during the week and yet you come back with lists of generic points that seem to back your point up but really mean nothing what so ever.

To save you going back and looking, here’s the contents of the post, should you want to address any of the actual issues?

I just can`t get my head around this comment what so ever PT, you are either completely deluded or have zero clue on this what so ever, or maybe didn`t watch the game?

Whilst there were a couple of bad referee calls granted, The game last night for me was a classic chess match of coaching... There was a clear game plan from Leeds to play the basics, every man and his dog could see that. We started playing one man up into to the back of the ruck and they had a man pressing up every time with a man on the inside after the first set, we failed to change that tactic other than a couple runs from Westerman and Tanginoa then went straight back to it, it didn`t work, we got dominated every tackle, they won the ruck and won the field position, switching up every other play and running a couple of different lines may have helped us out a bit, hell maybe even throw some basic shift plays on.

When things got tough, the pressure ramped up and errors started creeping in for both sides, you could see the call sent down from Agar because they went back to basics once again, stopped forcing silly passes, put some depth in there line which they had lacked over the game, played with the first man and sometimes second man off as dummy runner and that`s all they needed to do to gain that advantage back again, other coaches will pick up a couple of swings in that game on the video tape and do exactly the same. Our answer to that should of been talked about all week, how we are resilient, how we adapt during a game, which set plays we go to, which structure we go to well it turns out PT we seemed to have nothing? Our answer was to throw some very silly wild passes, to pass the ball to Lyne to run around like a headless chicken hoping we could find some space - As much as that is players making some silly decisions, were is the structure? Where are the ideas? Where is the resilience? Where is the game plan?

I will give us some credit, I thought our scramble defence was good, but I thought Leeds chose the wrong option time after time on our line throughout.

People can talk about the last call, but we should not have been in that position to let 1 ref call influence the result.

On top of everything this morning I was told Jowitt was not to be offered a new deal for next year which I really hope isn`t true, he does a job wherever he is asked to play, not too sure what the lad does wrong but we would rather persist with picking the wrong option time after time.

FFS :CRAZY:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11779No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:1125th Mar 24 15:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 1:59 pm  
I don’t buy the theory that the team needs fans to win games - they managed to do so last year albeit it took a while. Like how we need to play at Belle Vue to would be a big help - won more games away than at home last year.

And now apparently we are struggling to sell tickets for Sunday. Oh gee, I wonder why that is.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20143
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200815 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 11:4528th Mar 24 11:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 2:12 pm  
homme vaste wrote:
It`s strange PT, because when I gave a detailed response to your previous post on this with lots of specifics on just how this loss was down to coaching (See page 5 of this thread) you didn`t want to know, you went into hiding hoping that if you close your eyes the actual facts might go away during the week and yet you come back with lists of generic points that seem to back your point up but really mean nothing what so ever.

To save you going back and looking, here’s the contents of the post, should you want to address any of the actual issues?

I just can`t get my head around this comment what so ever PT, you are either completely deluded or have zero clue on this what so ever, or maybe didn`t watch the game?

Whilst there were a couple of bad referee calls granted, The game last night for me was a classic chess match of coaching... There was a clear game plan from Leeds to play the basics, every man and his dog could see that. We started playing one man up into to the back of the ruck and they had a man pressing up every time with a man on the inside after the first set, we failed to change that tactic other than a couple runs from Westerman and Tanginoa then went straight back to it, it didn`t work, we got dominated every tackle, they won the ruck and won the field position, switching up every other play and running a couple of different lines may have helped us out a bit, hell maybe even throw some basic shift plays on.

When things got tough, the pressure ramped up and errors started creeping in for both sides, you could see the call sent down from Agar because they went back to basics once again, stopped forcing silly passes, put some depth in there line which they had lacked over the game, played with the first man and sometimes second man off as dummy runner and that`s all they needed to do to gain that advantage back again, other coaches will pick up a couple of swings in that game on the video tape and do exactly the same. Our answer to that should of been talked about all week, how we are resilient, how we adapt during a game, which set plays we go to, which structure we go to well it turns out PT we seemed to have nothing? Our answer was to throw some very silly wild passes, to pass the ball to Lyne to run around like a headless chicken hoping we could find some space - As much as that is players making some silly decisions, were is the structure? Where are the ideas? Where is the resilience? Where is the game plan?

I will give us some credit, I thought our scramble defence was good, but I thought Leeds chose the wrong option time after time on our line throughout.

People can talk about the last call, but we should not have been in that position to let 1 ref call influence the result.

On top of everything this morning I was told Jowitt was not to be offered a new deal for next year which I really hope isn`t true, he does a job wherever he is asked to play, not too sure what the lad does wrong but we would rather persist with picking the wrong option time after time.

So firstly, it may come as a surprise but I don't trawl your posts to see if there is anything relevant to me and I also have a life outside RLFans so forgive me for missing your comment on page 5.
Wow there are some needy people on here at the moment.

I think plenty of others are saying confidence is low, so sometimes we try to chase things and make mistakes.
You don't know what Chester's plan was nor whether he tried to change it. You think you know what his and Agar's plan was and ultimately we managed their pack better than we did last time.
The wild passes etc can't be put down to Chester.

For me Chester isn't the issue. He has issues to resolve clearly. But if you replace him, the same issues will be there.
People are judging him on the team you want to play, rather than the team that plays.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11779No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:1125th Mar 24 15:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 2:16 pm  
No people are judging him on the 0/6 (0/7 with the cup game) win/loss ratio this year. And the the fact we only won 5 games in the league last year.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2630
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 22 20186 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:4822nd Mar 24 13:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 pm  
PopTart wrote:
So firstly, it may come as a surprise but I don't trawl your posts to see if there is anything relevant to me and I also have a life outside RLFans so forgive me for missing your comment on page 5.

I think plenty of others are saying confidence is low, so sometimes we try to chase things and make mistakes.
You don't know what Chester's plan was nor whether he tried to change it. You think you know what his and Agar's plan was and ultimately we managed their pack better than we did last time.

For me Chester isn't the issue. He has issues to resolve clearly. But if you replace him, the same issues will be there.
People are judging him on the team you want to play, rather than the team that plays.

But that's the issue? We have nothing to go to so we have to throw those wild passes and try off the cuff play, do you not see that? It`s strange how every week it`s a different player that we are questioning why they would throw a pass like that or try something outrageous? They are trying to force something because as a collective we have nothing to go to.

I would hope a new coach might implement some decent structure into our attack and build some resilience into the team to be able to adapt during a game and not just stick with the same old regardless of it works or not.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 20159 years270th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Sep 23 21:0322nd May 23 14:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 2:48 pm  
PopTart wrote:

Is that their pack that contained a 17, 18 & 21 year old in it?! Gannon made more metres in that game than Chris Green probably has all season, a 17 year old, how embarrassing :oops:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain343
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 31 20195 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 15:1323rd Mar 24 11:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Don't abuse the players or staff at the game.

I am assuming that you mean in terms of a personal abuse of a player? If not what is your definition of abuse?

Most of us go to BV and from time to time raise our voices and shout something like "that's bloody rubbish [insert players name]" or words to that effect. Is this abuse?

Yes, the personal and nasty stuff is non negotiable, and absolutely is not acceptable, but shouting disapproval in a firm manner is always going to happen.

It seems that some people in the modern era see this as abuse.
RankPostsTeam
International Star322
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 24 201311 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 24 23:4020th Mar 24 20:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm  
So what's to be done? I think most people accept that Chris Chester's time is coming to an end (including himself probably),but when and how.It would be nice to do as Cas and Wire are doing,appointing the new coach for next season and letting him take charge of forward planning; but they, of course, have no relegation fears.Hopefully we will get some wins and Chris can see out his tenure; but if we have a bad result against KR do we pull the trigger there and then and set on a new man,or wait to see what happens against Leigh.Either way it's a gamble.Or perhaps if Chester turns it round, he gets a new deal next year, and that part is something I really wouldn't want.I very much fear relegation this year, so I hope the club have a plan B if the next few results don't go our way.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain343
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 31 20195 years229th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 15:1323rd Mar 24 11:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Chester out part 65 : Mon May 17, 2021 3:14 pm  
homme vaste wrote:

Scandalous. In every sense.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m
Squad for Catalan