OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:4118th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:06 pm  
FIL wrote:
:CLAP: :CLAP: ..excellent work DS...thanks for keeping us all updated :thumb:

Obviously we've been here before and whilst the latest updates all look very promising, we don't want to get hood-winked again, so for those that are up-to-speed with planning developments such as these, does it look water-tight this time around, or are there any potential get-out clauses that an unscrupulous developer could use to worm his way out of his legal obligation ??
I have just had a quick read of some of the latest documents and the only thing that I can see (which is probably not an issue at all) is that the developers are listed as Newmarket Lane Ltd and NOT Yorkcourt Ltd or Henry Boot Ltd.
A quick Google search shows that 2 of the directors are Hamer BOOT and Scott MACKIE ...

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/newmarket-lane

Looking at their accounts (again I am no accountant, so don't really know what I am looking at here)...

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/form ... /512465103

Do they seem like a viable company that are likely to give us what we are owed, as to me those accounts (albeit from 2019) show that they owe £6.4 million to their creditors who, unsurprisingly are Yorkcourt and Henry Boot !!

That’s the fly in the ointment for me, there are mentions of
11.3 The proposed delivery mechanism is via a Section 106 Obligation which Newmarket Lane Limited, the owner and developer of the site at Plot 8 at Newmarket commits to finance and to carry out the redevelopment works at Belle Vue, namely the new East Stand, resurfaced North Stand, car park works and refurbishment of the Rollin Shack building.

The owner And Developer commits to finance And carry out the redevelopment work.
I was hoping their involvement ends once they paid their dues to Trinity. I just hope the Building regulations inspectors are on the ball, no shortcuts please.
FIL wrote:
:CLAP: :CLAP: ..excellent work DS...thanks for keeping us all updated :thumb:

Obviously we've been here before and whilst the latest updates all look very promising, we don't want to get hood-winked again, so for those that are up-to-speed with planning developments such as these, does it look water-tight this time around, or are there any potential get-out clauses that an unscrupulous developer could use to worm his way out of his legal obligation ??
I have just had a quick read of some of the latest documents and the only thing that I can see (which is probably not an issue at all) is that the developers are listed as Newmarket Lane Ltd and NOT Yorkcourt Ltd or Henry Boot Ltd.
A quick Google search shows that 2 of the directors are Hamer BOOT and Scott MACKIE ...

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/newmarket-lane

Looking at their accounts (again I am no accountant, so don't really know what I am looking at here)...

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/form ... /512465103

Do they seem like a viable company that are likely to give us what we are owed, as to me those accounts (albeit from 2019) show that they owe £6.4 million to their creditors who, unsurprisingly are Yorkcourt and Henry Boot !!

11.3 The proposed delivery mechanism is via a Section 106 Obligation which Newmarket Lane Limited, the owner and developer of the site at Plot 8 at Newmarket commits to finance and to carry out the redevelopment works at Belle Vue, namely the new East Stand, resurfaced North Stand, car park works and refurbishment of the Rollin Shack building.

The owner And Developer commits to finance And carry out the redevelopment work.
I was hoping their involvement ends once they paid their dues to Trinity. I just hope the Building regulations inspectors are on the ball, no shortcuts please.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13453
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200617 years62nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:2528th Mar 24 20:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1/10

Re: New Stadium Updates : Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:25 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:

Both the club and the council seem to have stepping rights, by the sounds of it the money will be deposited into an account and the redevelopment will be paid for out of that. If they start to play up hopefully there is enough security for the other two parties to employ another contractor.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2708
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20195 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:4118th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:18 pm  
I’ve been trying to find a possible start date for the building work, and found this under section 11.7.
If all goes well it could start before the end of this year, or early next year. I’ve got a season ticket for the East Stand, Where are we old silvertops going to sit in 2022? Has anyone got a deckchair and umbrella going spare.

Newmarket Lane Limited will let the contract for those works and will be the employer under that contract. It is envisaged that the contract will be let in late 2021 with a 12 month construction period. Newmarket Lane Limited and its contractor will be granted a licence by Spirit of 1873 Limited to enter onto the ground at Belle Vue for the purposes of carrying out those works. The Spirit of 1873 Limited will fund and appoint the contractor for carrying out the works that it has identified as carrying out. Between Newmarket Lane Limited and the Spirit of 1873 Limited, the entire works package will be delivered
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20149 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 23 04:368th Feb 23 06:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 am  
Just seems a shame about no training pitch but could come in time then again is there room at bv I don’t know anything about construction so I’m dreaming
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20149 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 am  
Just seems a shame about no training pitch but could come in time then again is there room at bv I don’t know anything about construction so I’m dreaming
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35915
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:0426th Mar 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:12 am  
cosmicat wrote:

But you don’t need a training pitch that’s the point.

For starters it would cost a lot of money to buy, build and maintain with no obvious benefit at all. At an estimate the land alone would cost half a million even if you could find it. This is money far better spent on players or on BV itself.

I’m not sure you grasp what a 4G pitch offers us. It can be used every minute of every day, we could train at 3 in the morning if we so wished. The surface is fit for use in all but the most extreme of weather.

The surface is always the same in both training and in games, something that should be hugely valuable.

All the players facilities are right next to the pitch so no need to duplicate them at great expense at some training ground.

The ultimate irony would be if the training pitch were grass. In winter it would be so unusable on occasions that training would have to move to BV anyway.

For a club like ours a 4G pitch is a god send. It won’t just save us enough money to afford an extra prop it will make us enough to buy us two props.

I accept as a traditionalist it’s not as romantic as grass. That said technologies move on and I suspect one day you’ll barely be able to tell the difference.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20149 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:38 am  
Did your say life span for a 4g pitch is approx 10 years?
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:53 am  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I’ve been trying to find a possible start date for the building work, and found this under section 11.7.
If all goes well it could start before the end of this year, or early next year. I’ve got a season ticket for the East Stand, Where are we old silvertops going to sit in 2022? Has anyone got a deckchair and umbrella going spare.

Newmarket Lane Limited will let the contract for those works and will be the employer under that contract. It is envisaged that the contract will be let in late 2021 with a 12 month construction period. Newmarket Lane Limited and its contractor will be granted a licence by Spirit of 1873 Limited to enter onto the ground at Belle Vue for the purposes of carrying out those works. The Spirit of 1873 Limited will fund and appoint the contractor for carrying out the works that it has identified as carrying out. Between Newmarket Lane Limited and the Spirit of 1873 Limited, the entire works package will be delivered

OK my, silver-haired friend. I'm no expert on planning permission and all that stuff but I am I believe fairly knowledgeable regarding stadium design and construction. I should be I've been studying it since the late 1980s.

There are numerous ways to do this, so let's assume the build starts in January.

First of all, we'd do a deal with the RFL where we push home games back as far as we can, so we don't play at home till maybe mid-April. This gives the builders the chance to erect the mainframe and roof.

If they do that then they can install seats and with the necessary H&S, you will be able to sit in the stand or a part of it on matchdays. There would be no facilities as none of the interior builds would be done but with portaloos etc, we'd get by. Not perfect but for part of one season it's got to be worth the sacrifice. Thus elements of the stand would be bought into service over a 12 month period.

This is the most cost-effective method and has been used many times.

The other alternative would be to put a temporary stand either along the West terrace or perhaps in front of the flats. Which of these you go for would depend on how many seating season tickets we sell. Again not ideal but if the seating was in front of the flats it would give access to the bars and toilets both in the flats and in the Rollin shack.

The final alternative, move in with Fev or Dewsbury for a year but be clear this one will lose us money and for me is a non-starter unless we get it for free or a very small rent. Let's see how the RL family is on that one :D The only positive on this one is with the support of the RFL we could take games on the road, ie Sheffield and Barnsley but I can't see them being long-sighted enough for that given the games disdain for heartland clubs.

A great deal will depend on when the build starts and whether we get a mild winter. A relatively dry warm winter could see the stand useable for viewing purposes by April, job done. If not then it will start to be problematic.

Whatever they do there will be disruptions but a contractor like say Henry Boot will know exactly how to minimize it.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:56 am  
cosmicat wrote:
Did your say life span for a 4g pitch is approx 10 years?

From my understanding yes, but if it were used heavily maybe less. However, the cost of replacing a worn pitch would still be less than maintaining a grass pitch that made you no money.

My guess is we'd need to re-lay the pitch more like every 8 years.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1957No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 20203 years96th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:2425th Mar 24 21:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium Updates : Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 am  
vastman wrote:
From my understanding yes, but if it were used heavily maybe less. However, the cost of replacing a worn pitch would still be less than maintaining a grass pitch that made you no money.

My guess is we'd need to re-lay the pitch more like every 8 years.

Think people need what costs haveing the g4 pitch will save the club.so theres the obivious the first team will train on this but currentley both the academy and scholars train at either sandal or dewsbury thats alone is around 7 sessions a week at around one and half hours a session now i dont know the cost but the club will have to pay for this and cant imagine it been cheap once we haveg4 pitch all will be able to train at belle vue hence saving money
PreviousNext