30th Apr 24 18:3430th Apr 24 11:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: swap deal ! Halley for : Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 am  
newgroundb4cas wrote:
Not decent winger an extremely good winger more like! Not one of our wingers maybe George at a push would have scored that try on sunday Halley scored. The Wigan game those 2 trys were great. Decent is not the word!

Sorry but your wrong, he is a decent pacy winger and much as I like him he isn't world class, he isn't even as good as your mate Fox.

I have seen Peterson play and he can go the length as can Blanch, difference is style. Halley is speed, George is speed and balance, Blanch and Peterson have the power to ride the tackle. At then d of the day Halleys try was pretty simple and likely to happen once in a blue moon, come on.

If you want to talk tries that no one else would score look at Blanch ve Salford last try crashing over, I think it fair to say the lightweight Halley would not have scored that. How many more tries are likey from a Blanch crash over than an interception. They look great but they are general flukes. You are mistaking a simple foot race for genuine wing play, luckily for Halley he has more to his game than that - but he is small and pace fades which is a worry.

I like him and I'd keep him given the chance, but no winger IMHO is worth a good forward or a top play maker and it's here where we are short at present.

I'm not deliberately picking an argument with you, honest. It's just that I don't consider wingers as indespensable. If you can have goo ones which we have then great, but you can win games without them. You can't win games without hookers, halves and props and if we don't get some back soon we will suffer.

The jury is out by some on Latu though I rate him, however I think even is harshest critics will give a sigh of relief to see him back. If Halley left and Peterson took his place I don't think the difference would be critical.

Jeez I must be bored, that's a lot of waffle. :D
J.T 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 16 14:1916th Apr 16 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote]
[quote="vastman"]
honest to god your like a big and not very bright child.

[/quote]

[quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"]
You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of
Europe's major cities.[/quote]
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:16 am  
Barry Clegg 2nd wrote:
Rooney looks like he will be surples soon and the bleating on the forums about Jeffries i could live with that even in the current climate with injuries, lets face it when Drew, Latu, Obst, Brough, Rooney & Grix are all back fit then somone is gonna be dissapointed at not getting selected and you would have to see if they where all fit it would probably be JR missing out.

I agree, don't wish to be to harsh on Rooney but we don't even seem to be missing him with all the other injuries as Martin has been a more than capable replacement.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4291
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 08 200618 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 24 18:4819th Oct 23 19:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am  
BIGAL1 wrote:
Why all the fuss over a guy who plays 8 games a season :roll: how much a game does that work out at.

Because he's one of the most talented players in our squad. Rooneys missed a fair few games through injury in his time with us but no one has a go at him. If Latu comes back playing for us like he was for Tonga in the world cup then he's going to be a massive bonus and cause some real problems for the opposition. OK Latus done wrong in the past but he's been punished whether it be off field (community service etc) or on field (suspensions). He's done the crimes and he's also served his time so to speak, give the bloke a break and let him win us a few games, he has that spark and magic in his game, he may be a little erratic at times but he can genuinely turn a game on its head single handedly. A Drew/Latu interchange at hooker would really keep the opposition on their feet and for me its a mouth watering prospect.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach602No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 11 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 12 07:1720th Feb 12 15:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am  
I'd sacrifice Latu. I agree he can turn a game on its head - but rarely does. I agree he is valuable at acting half when defences are fatigued - but how often has this contributed to our victories. I also think his unpredicable handling results in at least as many errors as valuable yards.

I think his contribution is vastly over estimated and if we could use his element of the cap more intelligently there would be no sadness from me. As to whether or not swaping him for Halley is a smart move I think only those who know the finances can really speak regarding that one.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 05 200717 years307th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Oct 23 10:5314th Oct 23 10:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
UP THE TRIN !!!!

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am  
Sorry but your wrong, he is a decent pacy winger and much as I like him he isn't world class, he isn't even as good as your mate Fox.

I have seen Peterson play and he can go the length as can Blanch, difference is style. Halley is speed, George is speed and balance, Blanch and Peterson have the power to ride the tackle. At then d of the day Halleys try was pretty simple and likely to happen once in a blue moon, come on.

It is just a shame we have 3 good wingers allready it really is. Blanch has been tremendous this season and while there are injury worries regarding peterson and George you never know what kear is thinking. Halley has great balance and speed and i havent seen nothing wrong with the lads tackling. Would be a shame to let him go but I can understand why. Credit to the lad though for giving it is all while he has been here a lot of loan players can just to$$ it off. 4 wingers in the team is far too many unfortunatly unless kear is thinking of putting George at centre you never know. A player to think about getting rid of is Rooney.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10340
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 09:2724th Apr 24 10:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am  
Wouldn't sacrifice any player at present. Not even Hendo! :lol:
Keep Halley on loan as long as possible with a view to adding him to the squad at the end of the season if required. Don't think he's in Bradford's plans so no pressure on us to tip up.
El Rey 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 17 18:5426th Sep 17 18:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
onetiger = half a cabbage

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Winter is coming.

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 pm  
Uptoncat wrote:
Because he's one of the most talented players in our squad. Rooneys missed a fair few games through injury in his time with us but no one has a go at him. If Latu comes back playing for us like he was for Tonga in the world cup then he's going to be a massive bonus and cause some real problems for the opposition. OK Latus done wrong in the past but he's been punished whether it be off field (community service etc) or on field (suspensions). He's done the crimes and he's also served his time so to speak, give the bloke a break and let him win us a few games, he has that spark and magic in his game, he may be a little erratic at times but he can genuinely turn a game on its head single handedly. A Drew/Latu interchange at hooker would really keep the opposition on their feet and for me its a mouth watering prospect.

Don't disagree but "what price talent" if he's not injured he's banned, Jamies had quite a bit of stick on here lately.

If and when that happens i'll give him a break but i won't hold my breath waiting, IMO he's having our pants down.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 16 11:4213th Jun 16 11:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[Image

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:51 pm  
i wouldnt swap anyone at moment and certainly not a forward we havent got many as it is!!! i dont think mr kear would do that tbh i may be wrong have been in the past no expert on these matters but who is?? if the price was right n bradford were willing to let him go permantly like they did ryan then go for it, if not well i am glad we have had mr halley and would thank him for playing his part in a brilliant start to the season :)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Sep 13 16:469th Sep 13 20:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 pm  
halley out of contract with brad end of season any way so wait till then
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200519 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 24 19:5619th Sep 23 23:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:02 am  
BelleVueLifer wrote:
lets not forget that whilst hally is doing a fantastic job for us, he is only here on a temp basis untill petersen is match fit again - we havnt bought an winger half way around the world to run him out with the reserves every week - there is too much money invested in petersen.

and besides, if we signed halley in a swap deal bradford would want someone with proven ability....petersen - we wouldnt let go. drew - we wouldnt let go - blanch - we wouldnt let go.....so that for me is where the deal would come undone.

i dont see it happening.

i think we should accept that hally wont be joining us on a permanent basis and we all should remember the great job he's done for us.

that would be a better deal petersen for halley i would be happy with that 8)
PreviousNext