FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sick of the cheap option.
J.T 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 200322 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 16 14:1916th Apr 16 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote]
[quote="vastman"]
honest to god your like a big and not very bright child.

[/quote]

[quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"]
You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of
Europe's major cities.[/quote]
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm  
Tricky2309 wrote:
I am suggesting that whilst ever people are prepared to put up with the way the club is run, nothing will change. Therefore if we put aside our differences, and say enough is enough in sufficient numbers, changes would be more likely to be made.

I understand what you are suggesting just not what action you are suggesting or what you think it will achieve. Are you suggesting we stop going? Don't renew season tickets? don't purchase merchandise? These things would only put the club in a worse position and make it an even worse proposition than it already is. If there are people who wish to take the club on as rumoured why have these people not gone public to force Ted out as anyone wishing to take over the club would have the backing of the vast majority of fans? For me it is not about settling/accepting what we have it is about the reality of the situation that there doesn't seem to be an alternative.

Tricky2309 wrote:
Kears position is quite simple as far as I see it - he wanted out and since then the performances have really gone downhill and he hasn't been able to reverse the trend/solve the glaringly obvious problems. I am grateful to him for what he has done in the past, but we cannot afford to dwell in the past - professional sport is about the here and now. I also think loyalty is a two way thing, had JK turned down Catalans to stay with us and not gone after the Bradford job, then I might be more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't really care about the loyalty one way or the other I just think that Kear has done enough to make me believe that he is capable of picking up some bargain basement players and turning them into quality players as he did with the players we are now complaining that we couldn't keep! I get the feeling though that he may be gone at the end of the season so the debate will be pointless. What I do know is that if we don't make the right appointment then by May next year we will be on here calling for another sacking.

Tricky2309 wrote:
As I understand it (based on what others have said in the past), Ted has not put money into the club for a number of years and we are self-sufficient. This being the case, then whilst it is accepted someone with cash to inject is whats really needed to take us to the next level. Getting someone in who could make the set-up operate more professionally would at least be an improvement on where we are now and enable us to function as best we can with what we have.

Not knowing who puts what money into the club I would suggest again that if there is someone out there willng to put money in/improve the running of the club then get out there make it public and then the fans can get together and back them now that would be the best way to pressure Ted out but someone has to put themselves forward.

Tricky2309 wrote:
As for the Vastman comment, you seem to defend him, yet some of the stuff he posts on here to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with the way the club is run or his opinion, is far more offensive than what I put regarding him getting frustrated about not being able to come on and provide his usual rants.

I think you will find that in all the posts I have ever put on here, none of them are offensive about other posters or their opinions, in the same way a number of Vastmans are.

I am sure that everyone on here wants the same thing, but have different views as to how to go about it. My view is that maintaining the status quo is only going to allow us to standstill at best and that we should aspire to be better and I make no apologies for that fact.

There are a large number of people voicing their frustrations about the current predicament and some of them are well respected on here (and rightly so as fans of many many years) - they are not moaning for the sake of moaning and I am sure like me they do not take any pleasure from the fact we are where we are.

The comment wasn't really about defending Vastman or about the 'well respected' folk who are getting fed up. It was more that having posted on here for many years it becomes obvious that there are a good number who only come on and post when things are going badly. I have no doubt that the vast majority do all want the same thing but I am convinced that there are a number who revel in the misery and back biting of it all and those were the people I was getting at.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 05 200717 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Oct 23 10:5314th Oct 23 10:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
UP THE TRIN !!!!

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm  
Tronc went probably for the best but whats so frustrating why do we let them go so easily? Leeds say to Eastwood you go pal but someone must buy out your contract we are soft and wave them goodbye at the airport and say thanks for coming its pathetic. The tronc thing stinks as he was amazing those first 5 games you cant tell me he can just go awol and play like Kyle Bibb for the next 6 games. It stinks. You say that with Atkins TRB but what frustrates the fans the extra money we could have paid for the likes of fox/atkins we keep players like Bibb/Gleeson even getting that Hyde we could have kept these players with the extra money we pay and bringing players like winterstein/ Paul Johnson a player that was past it 4 years ago. i will let you off with the whole brough thing as we tried so hard to keep him. You must see where we are coming from im just praying this ground will be the end of this suffering ! Just look at wire and hull for example.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 pm  
newgroundb4cas wrote:
Tronc went probably for the best but whats so frustrating why do we let them go so easily? Leeds say to Eastwood you go pal but someone must buy out your contract we are soft and wave them goodbye at the airport and say thanks for coming its pathetic. The tronc thing stinks as he was amazing those first 5 games you cant tell me he can just go awol and play like Kyle Bibb for the next 6 games. It stinks. You say that with Atkins TRB but what frustrates the fans the extra money we could have paid for the likes of fox/atkins we keep players like Bibb/Gleeson even getting that Hyde we could have kept these players with the extra money we pay and bringing players like winterstein/ Paul Johnson a player that was past it 4 years ago. i will let you off with the whole brough thing as we tried so hard to keep him. You must see where we are coming from im just praying this ground will be the end of this suffering ! Just look at wire and hull for example.

It doesn't really matter where you are coming from - the reality is that to run the club, even at the level we do, incurs a tremendous amount of money.

Players / Coaches / Admin / Community / Groundstaff / TAX etc.... they all add up to a figure that is far beyond our income from SKY / Season tickets / Sponsorship / Gate Money / Shop Sales. If outgoings are greater than income then we have to be creative and find ways to survive - and yes, that can include selling assets unfortunately. If that gets us to the point where we can move to our new home and, if we manage that move succesfully, then we have a chance to break the pattern of events. If we don't find ways to survive until then - then what is the point?

As for Tronc - are you serious? Did you see him play in his last 4 or 5 games - he was awful!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach602No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200817 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jan 12 11:452nd Jan 12 11:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:27 pm  
TRB wrote:
It doesn't really matter where you are coming from - the reality is that to run the club, even at the level we do, incurs a tremendous amount of money.

Players / Coaches / Admin / Community / Groundstaff / TAX etc.... they all add up to a figure that is far beyond our income from SKY / Season tickets / Sponsorship / Gate Money / Shop Sales. If outgoings are greater than income then we have to be creative and find ways to survive - and yes, that can include selling assets unfortunately. If that gets us to the point where we can move to our new home and, if we manage that move succesfully, then we have a chance to break the pattern of events. If we don't find ways to survive until then - then what is the point?

As for Tronc - are you serious? Did you see him play in his last 4 or 5 games - he was awful!

Looks like hes drawn you in too then, NGB4C really is very good at this sort of thing isnt he (even with people from his own club) :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 200718 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Feb 14 19:2215th Feb 14 19:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:33 pm  
J.T wrote:
Who is this hardcore who will let the club do what they want? What action are you suggesting for us all to have 'one voice'? For everybody just to stop going? Not evrybodies position is as black and white as your postings seem to suggest. It's not as simple as for Kear or against Kear or for Ted or against Ted there are many grey areas inbetween and as mentioned above what we as fans can actually do about it.

I guess on here I would be considered pro Kear and the club just because I don't believe that Kear is a double agent sent to destroy us from within! I am very critical of the way the club is run and the amateur set up we have in many areas but as I don't know the ins and outs of the finances of the club and of any potential change in ownership I feel pretty powerless do anything about it save from stop going which doesn't really help in my opinion. As for Kear I would still give him next season to try and sort it out I still believe he has earnt that right. However I do understand why people have decided that enough is enough this season as the performances have been terrible and therefore I could understand if Kear was replaced at the end of the season. My only problem with this for me is back to Ted and co and do I trust them to make the right appointment and I don't I just know they will go for the cheapest option possible which could make things even worse, though I accept it couldn't get much worse! So the problem again comes to the ownership of the club but as I say above what are the alternatives and waht can we do about it?

The other thing is it's easy to have snide digs at Vastman for only coming on when things are going well but I'd take one Vastman over the scores of folk that only come on when things are going badly and seem to actually enjoy sticking the boot and I sense want us to lose so they can come on and bitch and moan about how terrible things are. If you think I have any wish to stand side by side and have one voice with such people then you are sadly mistaken.
great post . well said mate. couldn;t agree with you mor and i think there are a lot more out there that are fed up of hearimg them :CLAP: :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 21 23:0220th Oct 19 21:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm  
MR BROWN wrote:
great post . well said mate. couldn;t agree with you mor and i think there are a lot more out there that are fed up of hearimg them :CLAP: :CLAP:

Its a forum - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think anyone at the present time could be accused of moaning for enjoyment - the club, coaching staff and players have given plenty to complain about. In the main, criticism has tended to have an element of logic and explanation to it to fuel reasoned debate.

People may be fed up of hearing criticism (moaning if you want to call it that), but it appears to me that there are more people airing their criticisms as the weeks go by and nothing appears to improve.

You are entitled to be fed up with posters criticising various things, in the same way as those doing the criticising are fed up of the current predicament and fed up of people trying to make excuses for the club and some of its staff.
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201015 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 pm  
Tricky2309 wrote:
Its a forum - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think anyone at the present time could be accused of moaning for enjoyment - the club, coaching staff and players have given plenty to complain about. In the main, criticism has tended to have an element of logic and explanation to it to fuel reasoned debate.

People may be fed up of hearing criticism (moaning if you want to call it that), but it appears to me that there are more people airing their criticisms as the weeks go by and nothing appears to improve.

You are entitled to be fed up with posters criticising various things, in the same way as those doing the criticising are fed up of the current predicament and fed up of people trying to make excuses for the club and some of its staff.

Well said.
RankPostsTeam
International Star27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 16 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Sep 10 13:161st Sep 10 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 pm  
After being a season ticket holder for the last 39 years, I wont be renewing mine for the next season.

trinity have become a pileof drivel these last few years and are jusat not worth the money.
RankPostsTeam
International Star27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 16 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Sep 10 13:161st Sep 10 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 pm  
TRB wrote:

The point is we could do ok in a lower division. So long as we haven't been run into the ground by the clubs apparently terrible managament practices before then lol
J.T 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 200322 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 16 14:1916th Apr 16 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote]
[quote="vastman"]
honest to god your like a big and not very bright child.

[/quote]

[quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"]
You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of
Europe's major cities.[/quote]
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: Sick of the cheap option. : Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 am  
recycling wrote:
After being a season ticket holder for the last 39 years, I wont be renewing mine for the next season.

trinity have become a pileof drivel these last few years and are jusat not worth the money.

I am starting to enjoy the way people are using the length of time they have supported the club to paint a more dramatic picture of them jacking it in! It'd be more impressive if you said I've been going for 1 season and I'm carrying on next season.

People keep banging on about Kear's loyalty to the club or the club's loyalty to Kear seems the place we need loyalty is on the terraces.
PreviousNext