May 27 200321 years44th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 12:0416th Apr 24 16:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:33 pm  
Grimmy wrote:
Don't know how you get to that, realistically we don't know who has what responsibility and who made each decision.

Maybe so..but we are a club in decline during his tenure.

Would he be in his current role if he had never played rugby league?

Would he be on his current role if he didn’t play for Wigan?

We all know the answer to those questions.
Last edited by jonh on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator14321
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years257th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 13:4811th Apr 24 10:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:34 pm  
Grimmy wrote:
Don't know how you get to that, realistically we don't know who has what responsibility and who made each decision.

I know someone who has dealt with him at the club. I'd have to ban myself if I wrote what they said. Let's just say "completely out of his depth" would be sugar coating it.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29254
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 15:2816th Apr 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 pm  
The rumour seems to be that Wane will take on much of the rugby decisions Rads currently makes or at least he’ll have a big input in to it. The retention/release of players and the signings brought in needs an overhaul, no doubt about it but I always hold back from going in too harshly on Rads. He can only work with the budget he’s given and decisions these past 12-18 months or so seem to be based as much on cost savings, as they do on the quality players will bring.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 15:0412th Apr 24 21:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:01 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
The rumour seems to be that Wane will take on much of the rugby decisions Rads currently makes or at least he’ll have a big input in to it. The retention/release of players and the signings brought in needs an overhaul, no doubt about it but I always hold back from going in too harshly on Rads. He can only work with the budget he’s given and decisions these past 12-18 months or so seem to be based as much on cost savings, as they do on the quality players will bring.

KR is as you say working to budget and it’s probably a diminishing budget but some of the decisions made and ratified by IL have been totally and utterly ridiculous.
I truly sympathise with both guys with the difficulties over the last 18 months but their management since 2014 has deteriorated year on year. Both of them currently are totally and utterly off the mark and jointly are slowly crucifying the club.

I don’t want Wane back and I don’t want Peet. I don’t want toughness (that’s a given) I don’t want effectively 11 props on the field. KR and IL have delivered this and want it to continue. Brainless and shortsightedness to point of being blind to the obvious or afraid of required change.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29254
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 15:2816th Apr 24 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:27 pm  
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
KR is as you say working to budget and it’s probably a diminishing budget but some of the decisions made and ratified by IL have been totally and utterly ridiculous.
I truly sympathise with both guys with the difficulties over the last 18 months but their management since 2014 has deteriorated year on year. Both of them currently are totally and utterly off the mark and jointly are slowly crucifying the club.

I don’t want Wane back and I don’t want Peet. I don’t want toughness (that’s a given) I don’t want effectively 11 props on the field. KR and IL have delivered this and want it to continue. Brainless and shortsightedness to point of being blind to the obvious or afraid of required change.

Unfortunately from what came out of the fans forum things won’t be given a major shake up anytime soon. It’s going to be a huge task to turn this around next season. The squad doesn’t look good enough. How there’s only 73k left in the kitty is mystifying when you compare it on paper to the Wire and Saints. It sounds like we’re struggling to get the Miller deal done and there’s not much else knocking about. The thought of going in with just Field and Smith is terrifying and once Hardaker is allowed to walk away we’ll have an outside backline of Bibby, Hankinson, Thornley and Marshall (or we might throw in the lad from London). All honest lads but bar Marshall they all should be back up players at Wigan. In the pack the kids are years away from maturing in to their peaks. If that’ll come anyway is for another debate, given how hard they’re being worked at such a young age and the chances are the better ones won’t be at Wigan when they hit their peak anyway. There is so much pressure on two NRL unknowns to turn that pack around but let’s hope they can.

All in all things aren’t looking great but things can change quickly. I’ve never been as glad of a break from Rugby League as I am now. I’ll be there at the start of next season and I’m sure the usual off season optimism will build but at this minute, it’s tough to see how we compete with Wire and Saints next season.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4649
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years205th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 23:2415th Apr 24 15:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:34 pm  
i guess you've still on your self-enforced black-out of the NRL, then, NK. I'm really looking forward to this weekend's games to renew my faith in the greatest game,
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 06:4428th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Over to you IFL : Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:50 am  
What summed KR up was the whole badge debacle. I heard him on 'Out of you League' podcast say they consulted 12 fans of all ages from kids to elderly, when questioned was this enough people, he hit back with he wanted to keep the number small to avoid leaks. Why keep it a secret? If you get a small number for feedback you may get all yes men which is what he got, or in usual managerial fashion they use the 'people are always hesitant when it comes to change, so they'll have to learn to like it' line.

The crap kits is also watering down our identity along with the new crap badge, why do we need a break away from cherry and white hoops every 3 years? Says who? KR? Alls it does it loses our identity, the all blacks, Brazil FC, Bath RU, Australia RL all have instantly identifiable shirts, we should also but bit by bit that identity is being stripped away. If they want to mess about with a kit do it with the away kit.

In the fans forum, he said we are spent up for next year? How in the actual flip are we spent up with the players we have lost and the players we are gaining? Serious mismanagement of the cap and like others have said there ia no stardust in any of the signings.

In yeard gone by a lot of clubs will say 'Yes he's a good player but is he a good person also' when they sign players, I think we say 'Yes he's a good person, what's he like at rugby?' And end up with a team of choir boys who can't play rugby.

It,'s clear KR is liked by IL, I'm not saying he should.leave the club but he needs a rapid demotion, one that involves having nothing to do with running the club or signing players

Also Matty Peet is not the answer, not now. We are in dire straights and the last thing we need is an inexlerienced coach who has never played or coached at the highest level taking over.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Unfortunately from what came out of the fans forum things won’t be given a major shake up anytime soon. It’s going to be a huge task to turn this around next season. The squad doesn’t look good enough. How there’s only 73k left in the kitty is mystifying when you compare it on paper to the Wire and Saints. It sounds like we’re struggling to get the Miller deal done and there’s not much else knocking about. The thought of going in with just Field and Smith is terrifying and once Hardaker is allowed to walk away we’ll have an outside backline of Bibby, Hankinson, Thornley and Marshall (or we might throw in the lad from London). All honest lads but bar Marshall they all should be back up players at Wigan. In the pack the kids are years away from maturing in to their peaks. If that’ll come anyway is for another debate, given how hard they’re being worked at such a young age and the chances are the better ones won’t be at Wigan when they hit their peak anyway. There is so much pressure on two NRL unknowns to turn that pack around but let’s hope they can.

All in all things aren’t looking great but things can change quickly. I’ve never been as glad of a break from Rugby League as I am now. I’ll be there at the start of next season and I’m sure the usual off season optimism will build but at this minute, it’s tough to see how we compete with Wire and Saints next season.

As a club we are a shambles and leaderless.

Good businessmen do not let the rot set in like our club has done for the last few years. The sheer inability to resolve the Lam issue in the first year tells you everything you need to know about the current capabilities of IL and KR. I will be forever grateful for IL in buying the club when he did and turn it around but all that is gone now. New blood is needed at the top for 2022 to start the turnaround. IL hasn’t I suspect got the energy to do that or the resources so the drift will continue.

I love the club and literally haven’t slept after another “performance” that quite frankly wasn’t as good as inept.
I’m done with club until major changes at the top take place.
I won’t be getting a ST nor will I buy my sons a ST as I usually do for Christmas. I will give them the cash to buy one but I won’t be making any attempt to contact the club for tickets.

Next year will be worse.
We have signed 3 Aussies with zero experience and a player with no heart and the end of his career.
If KR had come to me with that plan for 2022 I’d have fired him on the spot. To get to the situation where those signings are best we can do due to cap restrictions is incompetence of the highest order. IL and KR have led that incompetence.

I suspect we will sign Miller with Hardaker going the other way.
Peet will be head coach
The team will be “tough” and the defence will be competent. The play will be joyless and played in near silence. The marketing if any actually takes place, will be pretty pointless with a pretty dire product.
The incredulous lack of communication with the fans will continue.
What little talent we have will look to leave.
The decline of Farrell and Bateman will continue.
The Ancient and Loyal will be back. After all the shoite and bluff about the “Warriors” for the 150th anniversary the badge will be rolled out as “an integral part of our dna” or some other shoite like that.
The gates will continue to fall and silence at the ground on match day will become almost deafening.
I suggest that IL and KR are incapable of avoiding any of the above.

I will watch more amatuer rugby where I can actually get a beer with little or no trouble and would you believe it actually enjoy the rugby.

IL’s and KR’s time has been and gone
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:40 am  
post wrote:
What summed KR up was the whole badge debacle. I heard him on 'Out of you League' podcast say they consulted 12 fans of all ages from kids to elderly, when questioned was this enough people, he hit back with he wanted to keep the number small to avoid leaks. Why keep it a secret? If you get a small number for feedback you may get all yes men which is what he got, or in usual managerial fashion they use the 'people are always hesitant when it comes to change, so they'll have to learn to like it' line.

The crap kits is also watering down our identity along with the new crap badge, why do we need a break away from cherry and white hoops every 3 years? Says who? KR? Alls it does it loses our identity, the all blacks, Brazil FC, Bath RU, Australia RL all have instantly identifiable shirts, we should also but bit by bit that identity is being stripped away. If they want to mess about with a kit do it with the away kit.

In the fans forum, he said we are spent up for next year? How in the actual flip are we spent up with the players we have lost and the players we are gaining? Serious mismanagement of the cap and like others have said there ia no stardust in any of the signings.

In yeard gone by a lot of clubs will say 'Yes he's a good player but is he a good person also' when they sign players, I think we say 'Yes he's a good person, what's he like at rugby?' And end up with a team of choir boys who can't play rugby.

It,'s clear KR is liked by IL, I'm not saying he should.leave the club but he needs a rapid demotion, one that involves having nothing to do with running the club or signing players

Also Matty Peet is not the answer, not now. We are in dire straights and the last thing we need is an inexlerienced coach who has never played or coached at the highest level taking over.

I know 2 of the 12 and from what they told me the change was going to happen because IL said it was going to happen. The club was probably looking for “buy in” i.e. a charade. A waste of time and money but a lovely earner for the marketing consultants
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 24 20:0717th Jan 24 20:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Over to you IFL : Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:53 am  
moto748 wrote:
i guess you've still on your self-enforced black-out of the NRL, then, NK. I'm really looking forward to this weekend's games to renew my faith in the greatest game,

NRL is the only thing that keeps me from giving up on the whole game tbh! Thank god we at least have that. I’m a RL diehard yet watching Wigan this season has been a chore and an obligation to the point I don’t worry if I miss a game....in fact it has come as a welcomed excuse when I’ve had another obligation preventing me going...there was a time where I used to arrange my social life around rugby...not any more. I’ve lost interest that much I’m far more excited about Souths v Manly this morning than watching any Wigan game next year.

That’s the size of Wigan’s challenge if they want to avoid losing all but our core 4-5k who will go and clap a poop if it had a Wigan badge on it! Overpromting peet out of his depth, will bring no change at all when the club are in need of the greatest amount of change I’ve seen in my lifetime
PreviousNext