Jan 20 201311 years85th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:58 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Lammy summed up his delusions last night post game when he answered Jenna Brooks question about our poor attack by saying it’s a game of inches, as though he really does believe we were unlucky. She asked him what’s next for him and he said he’ll make that decision in the next two weeks. I can only imagine it’s a choice between postman or window cleaner because rugby coach can’t be on the table.

Having lost another semi final and been nilled again without looking like scoring, he said he couldn't have asked for anything more from us. :FRUSRATED:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0327th Mar 24 13:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Lammy summed up his delusions last night post game when he answered Jenna Brooks question about our poor attack by saying it’s a game of inches, as though he really does believe we were unlucky. She asked him what’s next for him and he said he’ll make that decision in the next two weeks. I can only imagine it’s a choice between postman or window cleaner because rugby coach can’t be on the table.

He was in the land of delusion again on Wigan TV saying its a game of fine margins as Harry Smith would have scored before Leeds' try if he'd caught Bateman's pass. In reality even if he'd caught the ball he'd have been instantly clobbered.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29166
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:1427th Mar 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 am  
MadDogg wrote:
He was in the land of delusion again on Wigan TV saying its a game of fine margins as Harry Smith would have scored before Leeds' try if he'd caught Bateman's pass. In reality even if he'd caught the ball he'd have been instantly clobbered.

It was right in front of us and there’s no way he’d have got over. I was sort of hoping Lam would just come out last night and front up for the mess of this season but it was the same old deluded story. I was just glad he had the sense not to come round to the fans with the players. I have far too much respect for Lammy the player to have given him any stick but he’d have got the rounds of the kitchen from many fans. It would’ve left a sour taste because I’ll personally just try and remember his playing stint, when he was superb.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2736
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 201014 years131st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 00:3228th Mar 24 14:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 pm  
Sad ending to Lam's career with Wigan but he's done to us what Cunningham would've done to Saints if McManus hadn't seen sense and pulled the trigger, statue outside the ground or not.
Safe to say we're in a far worse state than when McGuire took over, turning things around is going to take some doing.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 pm  
apollosghost wrote:
Sad ending to Lam's career with Wigan but he's done to us what Cunningham would've done to Saints if McManus hadn't seen sense and pulled the trigger, statue outside the ground or not.
Safe to say we're in a far worse state than when McGuire took over, turning things around is going to take some doing.

Agree with that but there is one silver lining and that is just how abysmal superleague is at the minute. Leeds were dire last night for starters. Saints are the top dogs but as much as anything that is because they’ve been able to actually go backwards from Holbrooks spell but the rest of the teams refuse to improve. That Catalans team is nothing special and Wire are Wire. Cas have gone backwards, Hull are just drifting and HKR have shown that you can get a play off spot via a good coach and a few journeymen but I doubt they’ll be trotting out at Old Trafford anytime soon. The rest are much of a muchness and we’ve been able to beat them even playing like this and that says everything.

The games on its backside, which isn’t good but it won’t take much to turn things round IMO. One or two really savvy decisions and you’re back in business.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 24 20:0717th Jan 24 20:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:58 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
This season has been embarrassing at points but I don’t buy the squad is worse next year than this as things stand. We’re realistically losing Hastings and that’s it. Gildart has missed more than he’s played and has been on one leg when he has played, Bullock, Clubb and Clark don’t play, Tommy is done and Manfredi hasn’t played all year. I’m not overjoyed with the signings but they can only add to what we have. We’ll get French and Field in to that group from last night as well, so basically the side could be that from last night minus Hastings and an injured Gildart but plus French, Field, a new halfback, Ellis and Mago (and maybe room for one or both of Thornley and Miski).

I’d give Peat a chance as well. If his remit is defence then he’s done a fabulous job at drilling them. If he can turn his hand to all facets of the game and he has the right support, then who knows how he’ll do. I don’t think we can underestimate just how dreadful Adrian Lam has been (this season in particular) and I’m prepared to give Peat a chance to start the rebuild.

As the tithe suggests though, thank the lord Lams time is at an end.

The issue I have with Peet is it completely misses the point of what we are trying to achieve. Strategically it makes no sense whatsoever. If we were currently a steady ship, flying high at the top of the table and winning things, an appointment from within, to essentially continue current set ups and cultures etc is a great appointment. Its exactly why Wane made sense at the time of Maguire leaving, despite him gradually eroding that IMO (but that's another story).

What the club desperately need now is change. New thinking, new ideas and approaches, not only to get us performing but to get bums back on seats and ensure that the club doesn't continue to drift into steady decline. Last night there was approx 5.5k home fans on (that's wigan latics territory and we all saw what happened to them...it simply isn't a sustainable fanbase).

If we appoint peet, there is nothing new. No real change, no real impetus, just a continuation of what we have been doing - poorly. Even with wane coming back in a consultant type role, he'll only bring grit and determination....that's not really been our issue. Peet is also likely to knock a couple of thousand off our average gates as people will see the apathy and become apathetic themselves. I honestly think the difference between peet and an exciting coaching appointment is around 4-5k on average gates (2-3k either way). How many people have already said they'll give up going next season if its peet, or are holding back on ST renewals because of it?!

So for me its a stark choice of change vs same old same old.
Yes change might cost more than essentially over promoting peet, but its shortsighted in the extreme....it not only impacts where we will be on the field, but where we will also be off it...realistically i would estimate the difference in revenue through the turnstile is north of £1 million quid across the season, comparing those two options. (Average 4k x 13 games x £20 plus per ticket)
....A big coaching appointment is a no brainer for me as it ensures we get the change we need but also effectively pays for itself.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:46 pm  
afootingmiracle21-12 wrote:
The issue I have with Peet is it completely misses the point of what we are trying to achieve. Strategically it makes no sense whatsoever. If we were currently a steady ship, flying high at the top of the table and winning things, an appointment from within, to essentially continue current set ups and cultures etc is a great appointment. Its exactly why Wane made sense at the time of Maguire leaving, despite him gradually eroding that IMO (but that's another story).

What the club desperately need now is change. New thinking, new ideas and approaches, not only to get us performing but to get bums back on seats and ensure that the club doesn't continue to drift into steady decline. Last night there was approx 5.5k home fans on (that's wigan latics territory and we all saw what happened to them...it simply isn't a sustainable fanbase).

If we appoint peet, there is nothing new. No real change, no real impetus, just a continuation of what we have been doing - poorly. Even with wane coming back in a consultant type role, he'll only bring grit and determination....that's not really been our issue. Peet is also likely to knock a couple of thousand off our average gates as people will see the apathy and become apathetic themselves. I honestly think the difference between peet and an exciting coaching appointment is around 4-5k on average gates (2-3k either way). How many people have already said they'll give up going next season if its peet, or are holding back on ST renewals because of it?!

So for me its a stark choice of change vs same old same old.
Yes change might cost more than essentially over promoting peet, but its shortsighted in the extreme....it not only impacts where we will be on the field, but where we will also be off it...realistically i would estimate the difference in revenue through the turnstile is north of £1 million quid across the season, comparing those two options. (Average 4k x 13 games x £20 plus per ticket)
....A big coaching appointment is a no brainer for me as it ensures we get the change we need but also effectively pays for itself.

I’m with you on the fact Peet wouldn’t have been my choice either and I’ve said before, I felt we needed a new broom sweeping through, with a new man coming in and bringing in his assistants and helping choose his players but Lenagan just won’t do that, so in that case what can we do? It’s not Peets fault and he may well have an ability to implement his own ideas and change the way we play but I get it’s the sort of appointment you usually make to keep a steady ship ticking over.

All roads lead back to cost IMO. I see Shaun Edwards came out and reiterated his point that the club had made no efforts to speak to the back room staff he asked for, a full 4 months after he’d accepted the job. We can believe who we want but the points at the forum about the costs of having a clean sweep of staff would add weight to Edwards points.

Ultimately it’s Lenagans money and he can do as he pleases. He’s propping the club up and seems to have decided to try and limit the losses by cutting costs. That is a poor strategy IMO because it’ll drive more people away but he tried throwing money at it by bringing in George Burgess, Hastings, French etc and got burned by a few factors, including injury and than a global pandemic. I do have some sympathy for the situation he finds himself in.
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4715No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years235th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 18:4923rd Dec 23 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:50 pm  
I would rather Peet have taken over from Wane than Lam, I dont see how you can promote from within after the last 3 seasons, in fact I cant see how any of the coaches can keep their jobs after the last 3 seasons
Pemps 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 14 200519 years252nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:1316th Nov 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 pm  
Pieman wrote:
I would rather Peet have taken over from Wane than Lam, I dont see how you can promote from within after the last 3 seasons, in fact I cant see how any of the coaches can keep their jobs after the last 3 seasons

Apologies. it looks like I'm following you around :lol: :lol:

You really don't think our defence coach deserves a chance? That's the thing that's kept us in the top 6. Only 2 teams with better defence than us despite our injury issues.
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4715No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years235th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 18:4923rd Dec 23 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Thank God It's Over : Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 pm  
Pemps wrote:
Apologies. it looks like I'm following you around :lol: :lol:

You really don't think our defence coach deserves a chance? That's the thing that's kept us in the top 6. Only 2 teams with better defence than us despite our injury issues.

:wink: no I dont, ive a friend who worked with Wigans academy last year (maybe year before cant remember with covid) before moving to Leigh who has said he thinks Peet will do well as he is proper strict and wont put up with any nonsense, that didnt change my mind as I feel the backroom as a whole have let us down
PreviousNext