JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years207th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 23:2415th Apr 24 15:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Huddersfield Away : Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:59 pm  
I take that; it wasn't a pretty watch at the time, but we got the win, and on top of that, as you say, there were some bright spots with the two young hookers and Halsall and Hanley standing up well.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:3719th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:13 am  
Jukesays wrote:
Yeah ok
I'll sit back and wait for the 26 players missing

Mist be a long list, still waiting
My daft fault, should have gone to bed to give you time to do the list.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:23 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
With the present situation of injuries and suspensions to some of the more senior players which has also resulted in the recall of two young players in the last couple of days from loan spells, the abuse of Tony Clubb is a disgrace, especially when he is making himself available in the present difficult situation of a shortage of players.

Tonight, Wigan fielded a team of mainly young players, twelve of which had graduated from the club's Academy and the result was a credit to them, Clubb as well!

I may have been critical of some of the clubs signings, but I know when to give credit when is credit due!

Evidently, the same moaning minority don't!

I know I shouldnt, but I just can't help myself.

"Making himself available"? What does that mean?
Has he made himself available against a backdrop of some terrible event ot played through some injury that would have left mere mortals on the sidelines for another 8 weeks?

And as for labelling others as the moaning minority, incredulous
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:36 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
I’m not giving them an easy ride on a third team meaning only 26 are missing, I want the subs as well! Anything less than 34 players won’t do.

I think we can be pretty chuffed with that win tonight. Hanley and Halsall stood up, Harry Smith managed the game well at the end, the young forwards did a good job and I was especially pleased with the two young hookers sharing that spot and making an impact.

We could be dead now had we lost these two Huddersfield games but we’ve edged through them and you never know where you can end up. It’s a long shot to think we could achieve something but it’s better to be alive and have blind hope, than it is to be dead and buried.

Apologies for going easy on them, I did consider 34, but considering the highest squad number that played was 35 even i thought that would have been a mickey take.

IMO that performance was 100% better than last weeks with possibly a slightly more depleted team.
Thought our opening 20/25, whilst nothing stylish was very solid and laid a good platform
Off the back of some field position and a bit of go forward Harry Smith's kicking game was far improved, amazing what a young half can do with a bit of go forward, territory, time and space.
Hanley and Halsall did well, obviously particularly impressed with Halsall given the circumstances and he looked very Solid.

Gildart started to show glimpses of a return to form, although defensively he looked a bit static at times, but then again the whole team (barr Partington and shorrocks) do a lot of the time.

Both young hookers did well, particularly O'Neil for me.

That was a good effort and enjoyed watching us (unlike last week which was awful imo for 80% of the game) and 3 or 4 wins out the next 5 would set us up nicely for a dig in the play offs if we can manage to get 5 or 6 of the absentees back.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach606No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200618 years238th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 12:1111th Apr 24 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:15 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
With the present situation of injuries and suspensions to some of the more senior players which has also resulted in the recall of two young players in the last couple of days from loan spells, the abuse of Tony Clubb is a disgrace, especially when he is making himself available in the present difficult situation of a shortage of players.

Tonight, Wigan fielded a team of mainly young players, twelve of which had graduated from the club's Academy and the result was a credit to them, Clubb as well!

I may have been critical of some of the clubs signings, but I know when to give credit when is credit due!

Evidently, the same moaning minority don't!

Making himself available? It’s his job.

Why wouldn’t he be available?
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years314th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:27 am  
Jukesays wrote:
I know I shouldnt, but I just can't help myself.

"Making himself available"? What does that mean?
Has he made himself available against a backdrop of some terrible event ot played through some injury that would have left mere mortals on the sidelines for another 8 weeks?

And as for labelling others as the moaning minority, incredulous

Thrust you to reply!

Show a bit of respect for a player who has been not only a good signing, but in return for the way the club supported him at the time of his serious medical condition which resulted in having to have a serious operation, has continued to play. If the squad was at full strength, he would more than likely not be a first choice selection, but with the departure of Burgess, Kilner and the lack of form of other bigger and more experienced front row players like Bullock and Singleton, what choice has the coaching staff got apart from the young and less experienced players like Byrne, Havard and Parkinson.

Tony Club has not only been a credit to the club, but also to himself and his family so lets just let him play out his contract and retire with supporters respect at the end of the season.

How the hell can we call supporters of other clubs as being nasty when we have a fair share of our own judging by the amount of abuse aimed at him and other individual players on this and the other supporters website.

Not to mention, those who are sarcastic to anyone who gives an opinion that does not fit their own opinions.

As Corporal Jones says, 'they don't like it up um'.
FIOS 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 201013 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Sep 23 10:1410th Oct 22 19:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 am  
Poky wrote:
Well done Wigan on beating hudds 3rd team by 2 points

We had 11 players missing and are in our worst form for at least 15 years, and we still beat you…. Twice in a week :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:38 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
Thrust you to reply!

Show a bit of respect for a player who has been not only a good signing, but in return for the way the club supported him at the time of his serious medical condition which resulted in having to have a serious operation, has continued to play. If the squad was at full strength, he would more than likely not be a first choice selection, but with the departure of Burgess, Kilner and the lack of form of other bigger and more experienced front row players like Bullock and Singleton, what choice has the coaching staff got apart from the young and less experienced players like Byrne, Havard and Parkinson.

Tony Club has not only been a credit to the club, but also to himself and his family so lets just let him play out his contract and retire with supporters respect at the end of the season.

How the hell can we call supporters of other clubs as being nasty when we have a fair share of our own judging by the amount of abuse aimed at him and other individual players on this and the other supporters website.

Not to mention, those who are sarcastic to anyone who gives an opinion that does not fit their own opinions.

As Corporal Jones says, 'they don't like it up um'.

I genuinely don't know what point your trying to make.
If it is to take some moral highground then I would refer the honourable gentleman to some of his own posts over the last year or so berating owners and employees of the club.

I presume the medical people cleared him to play again after his illness etc back in 2017?
To be honest, I thought he was average at best before then, but that's not the point.
Not sure why you think we have to give him extra credit "for making himself available" when he's neither a/ injured and playing through the pain barrier, or b/ producing some kind of herculean effort/performances week in week out or C/ playing for free.

Just remember Tony clubb hadnt played for 8 weeks before last week.
His actions contributed to those younger lads having to take the flak for the last 2 months.

His 1st spell was ok last night, for the 14 mins he was on, and I'm sure the 7mins he played at the end were OK.
My critique of him as a player is based on 3 years of absolute minimal contribution, time wise, impact wise, or effort wise.
End of

Well done on getting a rise, but ill be honest, I'm pretty sure a large majority on here will be a bit like me and have no real idea what your posts are actually trying to say because I suspect your just doing it to get a bite or try and be controversial or even just because your trying to prove some kind of point.

I can see your trying to do the same with Lam, whilst all the while trying to deflect it all onto your pet hate of Lenegan and Rads.
Good luck
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:39 am  
FIOS wrote:
We had 11 players missing and are in our worst form for at least 15 years, and we still beat you…. Twice in a week :lol:

I suspect he's not a hudds fan, just a WUM reincarnated from previous basketball players names.
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4716No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years241st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 18:3429th Mar 24 17:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Huddersfield Away : Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 am  
Jukesays wrote:
I genuinely don't know what point your trying to make.
If it is to take some moral highground then I would refer the honourable gentleman to some of his own posts over the last year or so berating owners and employees of the club.

I presume the medical people cleared him to play again after his illness etc back in 2017?
To be honest, I thought he was average at best before then, but that's not the point.
Not sure why you think we have to give him extra credit "for making himself available" when he's neither a/ injured and playing through the pain barrier, or b/ producing some kind of herculean effort/performances week in week out or C/ playing for free.

Just remember Tony clubb hadnt played for 8 weeks before last week.
His actions contributed to those younger lads having to take the flak for the last 2 months.

His 1st spell was ok last night, for the 14 mins he was on, and I'm sure the 7mins he played at the end were OK.
My critique of him as a player is based on 3 years of absolute minimal contribution, time wise, impact wise, or effort wise.
End of

Well done on getting a rise, but ill be honest, I'm pretty sure a large majority on here will be a bit like me and have no real idea what your posts are actually trying to say because I suspect your just doing it to get a bite or try and be controversial or even just because your trying to prove some kind of point.

I can see your trying to do the same with Lam, whilst all the while trying to deflect it all onto your pet hate of Lenegan and Rads.
Good luck

Did he take a ball in, all I remeber from him was having a go at someone for not running onto the ball as he was dummy half, proper lazy player
PreviousNext