0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:09 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Hankinson IS on a season long loan and can't be recalled.

Then why don't they just say that and why does everything else seem to say differently?
nikos 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2153
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 200618 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 16:3317th Apr 24 16:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wellens 3/10 Like public transport. Late, slow and stunk

FIOS

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:16 am  
I actually thought Hastings played well for us last night.
The former MOS basically played full back and scrum half last night – I imagine his stats were quite good.
If we’d had 13 Hastings’ on the pitch we would have won.

While injuries have hit us hard, we are a shadow of the team of a few years ago.
We don’t look organised at all, the youth should slot into the orchestrated plays and a lack of personnel should not really mean we fall apart.

We were making 5 metres per play, no metres after contact, very little flair, offloads etc. just one up drives.
Compared to their 10-15. Our defensive line plods up, if moving at all, meaning you lose 10 yard per play.
All signs of poor coaching or wrong coaching.
We need to press when in defence otherwise we are always jogging back.

Sure get Clark and Hank in, why not.
The Stains game is a ‘free shot’ no one realistically expects a contest or a win.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:4815th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:29 am  
sergeant pepper wrote:
I'm not sure if that's a sarcastic response or not?

Hankinson won't change the side on his own, but if bringing in a big solid lad, who's also a decent goal kicker and that in turn let's us move one of our defensive champions back into the pack - why wouldn't we do it?

By the sounds of previous posts of yours, I don't think we're a million miles away from eachother in regards to the style of rugby we both like. Isa (who I still think he has his limitations) plays a huge role in what we are good at - hard, spiteful, pack mentality defence.

That's what we need to get back too and the quickest way to do it, is to have the key players playing in their right positions.

Sort the defence and build from there imo.

Yeah it was sarcastic

And although I admit I'm being a bit disingenuous the point I was trying to make is that bringing Hankinson back is not the solution to the problem.

Whether he can be brought back (I've been told he can't, so I don't know why either Hanky is playing dumb, or why Lam isn't just coming out and saying it) or if he can (so Lam has to answer why he hasn't brought him back then) its not the solution.
Neither is Lam's use, or non use, of Mtich Clarke. I'm baffled how someone like him during an injury crisis cant be used more etc and more importantly more effectively.
For example he came on after maybe 50plus mins at wakey and did 10/+2 mins. If he's that out of shape etc he can only do 10mins then get him on early, give him a break then bring back late on for another 10/15. Same with Bullock etc.

I could go on all day at some of the baffling team.selecrions, use of players, loan players, recalling players and ineffective use of players.

But end of the day it comes down to this

Is Adrian Lam getting the best out of the group of players, or, the players we had in previous seasons.
My perspective, apart from a run of 7/8 games back end of last year we've steadily got worse and worse under Lam
He is there to drive the culture, the ethos, the work ethic, the technical and physical aspects of our game and style of play
And were clueless, soft and easy to play against whilst (although not my style of doing things) bringing none of the flamboyance promised.

I'm going to surprise a few here, because although I believe IL has plenty of wins stacked up on the positive side he isn't blameless.

Giving coaches 1yr rolling contracts stinks to me of making it up as we go along, and if he isn't sure he's the right man for 3 years the what do the rest of the players and staff think about that?

The best coaches make individual players and teams play better

Can we say in nearly 3 years Lam has done that?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4477
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years12th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:4618th Apr 24 07:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:30 am  
nikos wrote:
I actually thought Hastings played well for us last night.
The former MOS basically played full back and scrum half last night – I imagine his stats were quite good.
If we’d had 13 Hastings’ on the pitch we would have won.

While injuries have hit us hard, we are a shadow of the team of a few years ago.
We don’t look organised at all, the youth should slot into the orchestrated plays and a lack of personnel should not really mean we fall apart.

We were making 5 metres per play, no metres after contact, very little flair, offloads etc. just one up drives.
Compared to their 10-15. Our defensive line plods up, if moving at all, meaning you lose 10 yard per play.
All signs of poor coaching or wrong coaching.
We need to press when in defence otherwise we are always jogging back.

Sure get Clark and Hank in, why not.
The Stains game is a ‘free shot’ no one realistically expects a contest or a win.

I think you’re being a bit harsh on your forwards, they are young, lightweight and at times it looked like men against boys with the post contact metres Hill and Cooper in particular were making.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:4815th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:37 am  
DaveO wrote:
No it wouldn’t but it would solve the goal kicking problem. Against HKR we’d have been level at one point with the kicks going over and that can change the momentum of a game. It would also allow 2nd row forwards who have been playing centre to go back into the pack which given Bateman is out injured might be a good idea.

I don’t get the opposition to Hankinson being recalled from loan. The club is struggling to find 17 fit players and while he’s not Gene Miles he’s a better centre option than second rowers in my view.

We have no idea if the game pans out the same way if Hankinson plays or not to be sure that either
A/ were at the same point score wise if hankinson plays, we could be 20points further down or 20points up to decide if his golakickig could have made a difference

B/ hed have kicked them

Strangely enough even though I have said the above my argument isn't about bringing him back or not, I have no idea if he can be recalled or not.
My point is that Hankinson coming back will not change the way our season is going even if he can as were just rubbish
And even if he would improve us, then by Lam not doing it just shows that he's incompetent

I said after 4 games under Lam that he wasn't the coach for me for various reasons
2 and half years later I've not seen or heard anything to make me change my mind.

And as I said in previous post IL is not blameless in this respect
RankPostsTeam
International Star3868
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 201212 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 20:3717th Apr 24 14:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:46 am  
Jukesays wrote:

The best coaches make individual players and teams play better

Can we say in nearly 3 years Lam has done that?

That is undoubtedly true and no, Lam hasn't done that. That's why he has to go imo.

IL knows this better than anyone tho. He saw it 1st hand with Madge and he only needs to look at his nearest rivals (Saints) to see the transition between KFC and Holbrook too.

A good coach can't do it all on this own however. You look back to Noble in 06 and, whilst he played a big part, so did Fielden and Dobson. Now I'm not saying that Hank is anywhere near those guys, because he's not. What he is however, is one piece of a larger puzzle that, along with a coach and a prop changes the dynamic of a team.

There's no silver bullet, but there's certainly two or three simple changes that will have a dramatic effect on the side imo.
Grimmy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15436
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 16 200519 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:2814th Dec 23 10:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:49 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Hankinson IS on a season long loan and can't be recalled.

Has that changed during the season? I spoke to him early in April and he wasn't under that impression then. I'm sure Lam did an interview around that time saying they were monitoring week by week whether to recall him or not.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3868
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 201212 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:56 am  
Grimmy wrote:
Has that changed during the season? I spoke to him early in April and he wasn't under that impression then. I'm sure Lam did an interview around that time saying they were monitoring week by week whether to recall him or not.

He (Lam) definitely did say that.

Like many have said, it's an easy one to put to bed. If he can't be recalled, then that's fair enough, but why don't they just say either way.

It's the little things that start to pee people off.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29262
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 21:4917th Apr 24 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:40 am  
Lam definitely confirmed at one point that he could be recalled. He either got that wrong, really doesn’t rate him to the point where he’d rather keep shuffling players around or we can’t fit him under the cap.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3868
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 201212 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Re: Wire at home : Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:48 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Lam definitely confirmed at one point that he could be recalled. He either got that wrong, really doesn’t rate him to the point where he’d rather keep shuffling players around or we can’t fit him under the cap.

I fully realise that I sound like a broken record, but the whole situation makes zero sense.

He signed a new deal before we went out on loan, that must mean that someone thought he had a use. Now that someone might not be Lam, but it doesn't paint a good picture of everything being joined up. I'll fully accept that I can't be wrong, but sometimes perception is almost as important as the real thing - especially to outsiders/recruits coming in.

It's one example of how poor our recruitment is. Over stacked in some positions, undercooked in others and players on contracts that don't make sense - Clubb, Hank, 3 years for some guys etc.
PreviousNext