RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hankinson Recall?
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:08 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15308
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
When working on Manchester airport many years ago a group of 8 of us would travel in a van from Millom to the airport every day, 7 days a week for 6 months, We would set off at 5am, start at 8am, finish at 5pm and get home around 8pm, Young uns these days are pampered softies

Why on earth didn't you just move temporarily?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:55 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1559
Grimmy wrote:
Why on earth didn't you just move temporarily?

Travelling expenses :thumb:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 pm  

nathan_rugby wrote:
nathan_rugby Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 233
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
When working on Manchester airport many years ago a group of 8 of us would travel in a van from Millom to the airport every day, 7 days a week for 6 months, We would set off at 5am, start at 8am, finish at 5pm and get home around 8pm, Young uns these days are pampered softies


Well done.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:33 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15308
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Travelling expenses :thumb:

200 miles divided by 8 of you, minus fuel costs. Got to be about a fiver plus meal allowance a day each for doing nothing but travel, work and sleep 7 days a week for 6 months. Prisoners have it better than that. It sounds more made up than when you said Wigan would sign Faf De Klerk :CRAZY:
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2986
Location: Watching Rugby League
Grimmy wrote:
It sounds more made up than when you said Wigan would sign Faf De Klerk :CRAZY:


That was made up????!!!! :shock:
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:06 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1559
Grimmy wrote:
200 miles divided by 8 of you, minus fuel costs. Got to be about a fiver plus meal allowance a day each for doing nothing but travel, work and sleep 7 days a week for 6 months. Prisoners have it better than that. It sounds more made up than when you said Wigan would sign Faf De Klerk :CRAZY:

You are obviously working it out in some sort of modern thinking young Grimmy, Company van = free fuel, , A tenner a week would sort out 7 days of bait and drinks back then, Time and a half on weekends, Money was good back in those days, People had proper contracts etc etc
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:35 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15308
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
You are obviously working it out in some sort of modern thinking young Grimmy, Company van = free fuel, , A tenner a week would sort out 7 days of bait and drinks back then, Time and a half on weekends, Money was good back in those days, People had proper contracts etc etc

Travel expenses even though they were paying for the fuel anyway? Fair enough, odd system.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 7105
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
When working on Manchester airport many years ago a group of 8 of us would travel in a van from Millom to the airport every day, 7 days a week for 6 months, We would set off at 5am, start at 8am, finish at 5pm and get home around 8pm, Young uns these days are pampered softies


And?

I used to work in Reading but lived in Wigan. I worked 12hr shifts 4on 4off. I’d leave for my first early at 2.30am, start at 7am, do 12hrs, sleep on a work colleagues living room floor in Bracknell, up at 5am, in work for 7am, finish at 7pm, get to my mates for a night on his floor again, then work the next night starting at 7pm to 7am (and the night after) sleeping on my mates living room floor during the day and travel home at 7am after my last night. I did that for 2yrs.

Having travelled regularly a very similar distance to what you believe Hank should - just because you travelled Millom to Manchester - I can say hand on heart it damn nearly broke me. Just because you (or I)did some travelling for work doesn’t mean it’s ok for Hankinson to be put out travelling up to Wigan to train and play from London. It’s sad only one of us is adult enough to see that. Grow up man.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:43 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2986
Location: Watching Rugby League
100% Warrior wrote:
And?

I used to work in Reading but lived in Wigan. I worked 12hr shifts 4on 4off. I’d leave for my first early at 2.30am, start at 7am, do 12hrs, sleep on a work colleagues living room floor in Bracknell, up at 5am, in work for 7am, finish at 7pm, get to my mates for a night on his floor again, then work the next night starting at 7pm to 7am (and the night after) sleeping on my mates living room floor during the day and travel home at 7am after my last night. I did that for 2yrs.

Having travelled regularly a very similar distance to what you believe Hank should - just because you travelled Millom to Manchester - I can say hand on heart it damn nearly broke me. Just because you (or I)did some travelling for work doesn’t mean it’s ok for Hankinson to be put out travelling up to Wigan to train and play from London. It’s sad only one of us is adult enough to see that. Grow up man.


Luxury.

I used to walk 15 miles to work, then work a 16 hour shift, sleep for 2 hours in a nearby skip and then walk 15 miles home again for an hours sleep before doing it all again.
Re: Hankinson Recall? Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:51 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 7105
Egg Chasing wrote:
Luxury.

I used to walk 15 miles to work, then work a 16 hour shift, sleep for 2 hours in a nearby skip and then walk 15 miles home again for an hours sleep before doing it all again.


We’re not playing “Commute to work” Top Trumps :roll: :wink: :lol:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Froggy, Google [Bot], Itchy Arsenal, jonh, MR FRISK, sergeant pepper, The_Enforcer, WWste and 216 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Fri 24th Sep
SL RND: 26 Warrington0-19Hull KR
NRL RND: 28 Souths36-16Manly
Thu 23rd Sep
SL RND: 26 Wigan0-8Leeds
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::