Havard
Farrell
Pierce-Paul
Bateman

Partington
Clark
Shorrocks
O’Neil

I can’t imagine that’s what we’ll see and it’s a lightweight bench that I must admit so I imagine you’ll see Singleton and Clubb in for Clark and O’Neil
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4638
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years194th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 18:4723rd Mar 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Prop Problem : Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:06 pm  
Yeah, with that sort of pack, and only two props on the bench... You could give Shorrocks a rest, and bring in another prop. But it would need to be someone who puts in decent minutes and decent meterage (is that a word? :D ). Someone, frankly, who is going to contribute at least as much to the cause as Shorrocks does, in fact.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years101st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0327th Mar 24 13:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Prop Problem : Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:17 pm  
KingRoss11 wrote:
If all fit and healthy in two week I’d go with something like this

Bullock
Powell
Havard
Farrell
Pierce-Paul
Bateman

Partington
Clark
Shorrocks
O’Neil

I can’t imagine that’s what we’ll see and it’s a lightweight bench that I must admit so I imagine you’ll see Singleton and Clubb in for Clark and O’Neil

Not sure why Bullock or Byrne would get in ahead of Clark atm. Say what you want about Mitch but he's changed the direction of two successive games. Plus if Joe is still presenting with cold symptoms they likely won't risk him in games or training and Liam looks like a few weeks off would do him good.

Bring Powell, Isa and Hastings back in but no need to bring in Byrne or Bullock atm for me.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 10:3027th Mar 24 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:02 am  
Clark isn’t the best prop in the World, he isn’t the best prop at Wigan, but he is different.

He’s not a drone.

Our forwards tend to be drones.

KPP and Clark serve up something different.

I’m not sure if it’s Wane’s involvement with the club or circumstances which have seen them get a chance (I think it’s coincidence) but due to the fact they are different both in my opinion must remain in the 17.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain965
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 20168 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 21 13:3110th Sep 21 20:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 am  
MadDogg wrote:
Not sure why Bullock or Byrne would get in ahead of Clark atm. Say what you want about Mitch but he's changed the direction of two successive games. Plus if Joe is still presenting with cold symptoms they likely won't risk him in games or training and Liam looks like a few weeks off would do him good.

Bring Powell, Isa and Hastings back in but no need to bring in Byrne or Bullock atm for me.

Byrne isn’t in that lineup and Clark is on the bench so Not sure where you’ve gathered that from? and Bullock deserves to be in the team after showing some good performances in the last few weeks considering he gets played very little game time. Bullock and Havard are our two best props imo and should be starting
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 10:3027th Mar 24 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:44 am  
KingRoss11 wrote:
Byrne isn’t in that lineup and Clark is on the bench so Not sure where you’ve gathered that from? and Bullock deserves to be in the team after showing some good performances in the last few weeks considering he gets played very little game time. Bullock and Havard are our two best props imo and should be starting

I’m really disappointed in Bullock and his recent upturn in form given it seems to have coincided with him signing elsewhere.

After early promise he has been poor for us and only now does he appear to be getting back to reasonable form and putting his hand up.

There is no room for sentiment in professional sport and given our issues in the prop department beggars can’t be choosers but in an ideal world where we had more quality he wouldn’t play again for Wigan for me. He clearly has potential but lacks the mental strength/resilience to consistently perform.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain965
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 20168 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Sep 21 13:3110th Sep 21 20:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:24 am  
jonh wrote:
I’m really disappointed in Bullock and his recent upturn in form given it seems to have coincided with him signing elsewhere.

After early promise he has been poor for us and only now does he appear to be getting back to reasonable form and putting his hand up.

There is no room for sentiment in professional sport and given our issues in the prop department beggars can’t be choosers but in an ideal world where we had more quality he wouldn’t play again for Wigan for me. He clearly has potential but lacks the mental strength/resilience to consistently perform.

I agree with that although I feel he’s been poorly managed by Lam not only in team performances but also on a personal level, like you say it’s a shame because he has everything you need to be a Alex walmsley for example but he doesn’t do anywhere near enough of the hard graft when we need it and his defence can be scratchy at times. Will be interesting to see how he goes at Wire
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29166
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 10:1227th Mar 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am  
jonh wrote:

Doesn’t look like he’s got a competitive bone in his body unfortunately. He has the natural attributes to be one of the very best but is sadly lacking in the mental aspects of the game.

It’s a very minor thing and it’s probably the club telling him to stay away but he missed the game from feeling unwell last week and spent the weekend posting pictures on social media of him away in the Lakes with his missus. That just seems a bit dense to me and raises questions in my mind about the rumours of him having a lax attitude. He surely has to box a bit clever in that situation.
NSW 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 200618 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:5327th Mar 24 22:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:54 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Doesn’t look like he’s got a competitive bone in his body unfortunately. He has the natural attributes to be one of the very best but is sadly lacking in the mental aspects of the game.

It’s a very minor thing and it’s probably the club telling him to stay away but he missed the game from feeling unwell last week and spent the weekend posting pictures on social media of him away in the Lakes with his missus. That just seems a bit dense to me and raises questions in my mind about the rumours of him having a lax attitude. He surely has to box a bit clever in that situation.

I’d be reducing his games personally, only relying on him in case of injuries or mid week fixtures.

Decent go forward but penalty/6 again machine.

Would rather give Bryne/Havard/Shorrocks/Smithies/Oli P game time and development time over getting Bullock primed and ready for Wire next year. Even Clark over him (as Clark may still be with us next year)

And before anyone says it, this argument doesn’t cover to Gildart/Hassall or Hastings/ Smith as Gildart and Hastings have proved quality players, Bullock hasn’t.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:5827th Mar 24 22:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: The Prop Problem : Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:58 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:

Not being picky here, but he was dropped, and so was Clarke (only came back in when Powell dropped out).
Notnthat I think he should play, because I am constantly underwhelmed by his attitude and contribution
I'm going to also slightly disagree with jonh because I haven't seen an upturn in form, just the same old same old.

2 sides to the issue

I don't think either are inspired by our coach, and bullock certainly has from his perspective gripes about game time/promises about how and when game time will be given

On the other hand, I watched the young lads warm up on the sideline at Waley and in layman's terms Bullock looked like he could be arsed. And I also know he has had issue with time keeping etc, certainly in his early days at Wigan so I guess he is that kind of laid back style player.

Clarke, I know less about, but again he must ne frustrated at the apparent stance of pick anyone other than him. He played early season after being ignored for 4/5 games, did absolutely fine and was dropped next 3/4 games and sent on loan.
Came back in against wakey and did fine (lack of fitness an issue? Not surprising with no game time) and did ok imo, next 2 games dropped
Played ok against hudds and got a try, and was going to be dropped against Hudds in return match.
PreviousNext