Jul 15 200816 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 20:4122nd Apr 24 10:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:01 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
I think the favourite will be the Hardaker and Miller swap. It seems a very loose rumour because the guys never posted before apparently but on the other site a poster has us down as trying to get Sarginson back. That would make sense from the quota point of view because if we want an overseas halfback, we’ll need a homegrown replacement for Hardaker (presuming we went for one, it wouldn’t surprise me if we just save the money).

Plenty would kick up a fuss over Sarginson coming back but I think we’ve missed him tbh. As a centre I don’t think there’s a great deal of difference between him and Hardaker.

I think having Sarginson and Thornley back as our centres would just about sum up where we are in our management of the squad.
Sarginson’s most effective position for me is FB but obviously he would limited opportunities there.

Don’t we need Tommy to retire or Clark to exit before we can sign Miller?
KR I believe is really keen to sign Miller. Not sure if that’s driven by Hardaker’s move back to Ponte or if he really thinks Miller is the answer.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29286
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 22:4924th Apr 24 18:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 pm  
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
I think having Sarginson and Thornley back as our centres would just about sum up where we are in our management of the squad.
Sarginson’s most effective position for me is FB but obviously he would limited opportunities there.

KR I believe is really keen to sign Miller. Not sure if that’s driven by Hardaker’s move back to Ponte or if he really thinks Miller is the answer.

I think we do need one if not both out by all accounts. It’s crackers really to think we’re still scrambling around this late in the day trying to sort important positions out. It’s not like there’s been a lack of available halfbacks either. A number have already signed elsewhere and months ago. We knew Hastings was going, so I’m not sure why it’s not been sorted. This is where we’re at though so we can only hope a couple of rabbits can be pulled from somewhere. I’m a Sarginson fan tbh. I agree his best position is fullback but I don’t think he’s much of a step back from Hardaker at centre. I think both are pretty good at centre but better at fullback.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200519 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 24 13:2825th Feb 24 13:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm  
Re-signing Thornley and Sarginson in to replace Gildart and Hardaker is shockingly poor business. Literally beggars belief when you consider the club want to increase fans in the ground.

If this actually happens we’ll do well to make 7th in 2022. I’m appalled if that’s the level of player that we’re targeting.

My ‘bright future’ vision has almost evaporated.
Smalls 
RankPostsTeam
International Star531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 201014 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 14:5714th Apr 24 08:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
wearethewire wrote:
expect nothing, anything more is better

Wires71 wrote:
And there is the Warrington motto in a nutshell. No wonder we were dog dirt for 20 years

madoggy wrote:
hope saints win it, if wigan dont win another league title for 100 years they would still have more than everyone :wink:

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:21 am  
Itchy Arsenal wrote:

I think we all know that Wane has been working behind the scenes for months now . So why would the Miller signing be Radlinski lead?
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 am  
100% Warrior wrote:
Re-signing Thornley and Sarginson in to replace Gildart and Hardaker is shockingly poor business. Literally beggars belief when you consider the club want to increase fans in the ground.

If this actually happens we’ll do well to make 7th in 2022. I’m appalled if that’s the level of player that we’re targeting.

My ‘bright future’ vision has almost evaporated.

On paper maybe but Gildart has hardly played all year and has been pretty rotten when he has (probably due to be injured) and Hardaker doesn’t hit the heights at centre that he does at fullback and there’s potential for him to drift through 2022 if he isn’t happy.

I’d love a couple of names to get excited about but I don’t think that swap would leave us weaker simply because of circumstance. If we look who has been playing at centre most of the time, they’re probably replacing Isa and the revolving door policy on the other side and then it doesn’t seem as bad.

All unlikely anyway because the Sarginson rumour doesn’t seem to have much about it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200519 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 24 13:2825th Feb 24 13:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
On paper maybe but Gildart has hardly played all year and has been pretty rotten when he has (probably due to be injured) and Hardaker doesn’t hit the heights at centre that he does at fullback and there’s potential for him to drift through 2022 if he isn’t happy.

I’d love a couple of names to get excited about but I don’t think that swap would leave us weaker simply because of circumstance. If we look who has been playing at centre most of the time, they’re probably replacing Isa and the revolving door policy on the other side and then it doesn’t seem as bad.

All unlikely anyway because the Sarginson rumour doesn’t seem to have much about it.

I disagree. Zak is still one of our best players and even when he isn’t on it he’s better than either Thornley or Sarginson. The same can be said for Gildart too who I agree hasn’t been much (if at all) in form in 2021.

The other mystery is constantly going after ex players who have been released for a reason. It’s almost an obsession and I’m baffled by it. Thornley and Sarginson are not the answer to our apparent centre issues. I’m not saying we go out and sign the best in SL or even the world - though it would be nice - but surely our sights and ambitions are higher than 2 lower end of SL centres.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player309
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years243rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 14:3216th Apr 24 20:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:41 am  
Pieman wrote:
8 tries and his centre sets up 2, doesnt look great does it, playing against part timers

that video was posted in June, He scored 18 tries in 19 appearences for a poor London Broncos side that didn't even make it into the playoffs - http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/abbas ... 23215.html

Lets not let facts get in the way of a goold old fashioned player bashing before they have even turned up to a training session. I am optimistic regarding the Miski signing, he has all the right attributes to be a solid winger from what i have seen.

The halfback issue is a real mess though, was really hoping a gale signing would come off. Is Corey Norman still available? Struggling to see any other better options.
Pieman wrote:
8 tries and his centre sets up 2, doesnt look great does it, playing against part timers

that video was posted in June, He scored 18 tries in 19 appearences for a poor London Broncos side that didn't even make it into the playoffs - http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/abbas ... 23215.html

Lets not let facts get in the way of a goold old fashioned player bashing before they have even turned up to a training session. I am optimistic regarding the Miski signing, he has all the right attributes to be a solid winger from what i have seen.

The halfback issue is a real mess though, was really hoping a gale signing would come off. Is Corey Norman still available? Struggling to see any other better options.
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4716No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years237th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 14:5829th Mar 24 17:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:54 am  
BoredWiganer wrote:

so my comment holds water as it was based on the video....
BoredWiganer wrote:

so my comment holds water as it was based on the video....
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:57 am  
100% Warrior wrote:
I disagree. Zak is still one of our best players and even when he isn’t on it he’s better than either Thornley or Sarginson. The same can be said for Gildart too who I agree hasn’t been much (if at all) in form in 2021.

The other mystery is constantly going after ex players who have been released for a reason. It’s almost an obsession and I’m baffled by it. Thornley and Sarginson are not the answer to our apparent centre issues. I’m not saying we go out and sign the best in SL or even the world - though it would be nice - but surely our sights and ambitions are higher than 2 lower end of SL centres.

I’d be disappointed to lose Hardaker for sure but I rate Sarginson tbh and would rather have a committed Sarginson than a Hardaker with his head in Yorkshire. I’d like both but that seems unlikely. I do honestly just see Hardaker as a pretty good centre. He’s never tore teams apart from there and he certainly isn’t a wingers centre, so if you’re a strike centre you should be getting over for your fare share of try’s and his record hasn’t been great.

I’ll worry when I hear it’s Bibby and Thornley starting at centre but I can live with Sarge for Hardaker.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2893
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 20:4122nd Apr 24 10:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:10 am  
Smalls wrote:
I think we all know that Wane has been working behind the scenes for months now . So why would the Miller signing be Radlinski lead?

Yeah potentially a fair shout.

I was told a few weeks ago (can't remember exactly when) that KR was very enthusiastic about potentially signing Miller so that could well have been initiated by SW in his new role.
Maybe a more correct or safer wording should have been that KR is supportive of the move.
PreviousNext