RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6700
I don’t get the sudden Toby King love in. He’s a decent player but he is hardly a world beater. It sounds to me that whoever signs him will be paying well above the odds and we’d be better off elsewhere.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 5:06 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25372
Location: WIGAN
100% Warrior wrote:
I don’t get the sudden Toby King love in. He’s a decent player but he is hardly a world beater. It sounds to me that whoever signs him will be paying well above the odds and we’d be better off elsewhere.


He has improved a lot these last two seasons IMO but I wouldn’t get in to a bidding war for him. We don’t get in to bidding wars anyway, so I’m convinced he won’t be coming here. We seem to get deals done very quietly and either sign players to try and improve or for the more top end players like Hastings, we seem to get them when the teams who will go in to bidding wars (like Wire do) already have those spots tied up.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 8:04 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6700
NickyKiss wrote:
He has improved a lot these last two seasons IMO but I wouldn’t get in to a bidding war for him. We don’t get in to bidding wars anyway, so I’m convinced he won’t be coming here. We seem to get deals done very quietly and either sign players to try and improve or for the more top end players like Hastings, we seem to get them when the teams who will go in to bidding wars (like Wire do) already have those spots tied up.


He has improved and to be fair looked good tonight, I just don’t think he’s all that some are drumming him up to be and certainly not the silly figures some clubs will be offering for his services. Wardle would be a far more shrewd signing IMO
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3796
Rather have Herbie!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 9:13 pm  
wigginswarrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: Wigan
After tonight, anybody still think Chris Hill is worth a punt ?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon May 17, 2021 9:16 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25372
Location: WIGAN
100% Warrior wrote:
He has improved and to be fair looked good tonight, I just don’t think he’s all that some are drumming him up to be and certainly not the silly figures some clubs will be offering for his services. Wardle would be a far more shrewd signing IMO


Kings far more realistic simply because he’s off contract. Wardle has 3 seasons left on his deal I believe and Huddersfield don’t need the money. He’s a good player though. I think Bibby will probably get one spot and Hardaker the other if French is still here and we may bring Hankinson back as cover or sign somebody else to cover centre/wing.

Any money we have needs to go in to Hastings replacement and a couple of props IMO. I’m a Gildart fan but we’ve won 6 out of 6 without him, all on the back of having no go forward, so we need to get our priorities spot on.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue May 18, 2021 12:17 pm  

Cbr1000rr wrote:
Cbr1000rr Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Wigan
100% need to strengthen that front row!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue May 18, 2021 12:40 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25372
Location: WIGAN
Wigan have no interest in King according to Matthew Shaw. I’d say it’s more of a case of having no interest at the prices being thrown around and that’s fair enough. He’s a good player but not one worth throwing fortunes at.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2450
NickyKiss wrote:
Wigan have no interest in King according to Matthew Shaw. I’d say it’s more of a case of having no interest at the prices being thrown around and that’s fair enough. He’s a good player but not one worth throwing fortunes at.


I rate King highly but the focus should be on George Williams and the front row.

I follow George Burgess on Instagram and notice he does all his rehab either at Wigan or at the least in Wigan training gear.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was back with us.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue May 18, 2021 3:04 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 14770
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
NSW wrote:
I rate King highly but the focus should be on George Williams and the front row.

I follow George Burgess on Instagram and notice he does all his rehab either at Wigan or at the least in Wigan training gear.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was back with us.


My dad still wears his Mercer's work gear and he's been retired for 3 years :twisted:
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brick with eyes, Cruncher, Edinburgh Warrior, Egg Chasing, Fannybiggins, Father Ted, Grimmy, jaws1, jonh, Jukesays, Kevin Turvey, Lenners, LewCharnock, MadDogg, Matt King's kitten, MattyB, MOUSE13, NickyKiss, Notsquareref, ralvag, Rogues Gallery, sergeant pepper, The Whiffy Kipper, Uncle Rico, wiganermike and 301 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,168,0371,80678,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 14th Jun
NRL RND: 14 Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
L1 RND: 6 Crusaders0-68Doncaster
Sat 12th Jun
SL RND: 9 Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH RND: 9 Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1 RND: 6 Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1 RND: 6 LondonS10-62Hunslet
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X