JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Apr 15 10:5421st Oct 14 20:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A purple patch inspired on his home ground by man of the match WIGAN CAPTAIN Sean O’Loughlin produced three tries in an eight-minute spell just before half-time, and the GB Lions added two more after the break to maintain Smith’s 100 per cent record as Great Britain
coach.

Sat 27th April 2002 St Helens 12 Wigan 21 Edinburgh - Sat 4th May 2002 Celtic 2 Rangers 3 Glasgow (Carlsberg dont do weeks, but if they did.....)

//www.internationalrugbyleague.net/

Re: Pryce : Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:45 pm  
LordLoveRocket87 wrote:
Anyone tell me why we've got Karl Pryce? I mean, what can he actually faffing do?? He looks too soft, slow, no skill... Why sign him? :x

:lol:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14094
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 19 19:4925th Jul 16 15:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now.

[quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point.

Thick as pig swill.[/quote]

Re: rl : Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Would this be the same Saints that lost at HKR, Casleford and Huddersfield last season, then scraped home with a late penalty v Wakefield.

Lets see how things are going mid season before making stupid assessments.

Exactly, and seeing how far we are ahead of you men, and think how much you struggled against them. It shows that there are no easy games at all for you nowadays. ;)

Though I have to say that the attempt at trolling by SomersetSaints was very poor, even I'd give him 0/10.
DaveO 
RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Mar 24 17:4528th May 22 23:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18

: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 pm  
LordLoveRocket87 wrote:
who are these people who say we should play ainscough - You obviously have no idea - Yeah he had a good game against Warrington, but we were playing against kids - People who he plays week in week out in the reserves.

Ainscough would not be a handful - He's fast, but thats it - Like someone else said, he's a no brainer.

Why do people think that the likes of Sam Tomkins etc. can save Wigan? Based on pre-season games against kids... We've got an awsome squad as it is, your just being impatient - They aren't ready to play yet - Sam Tomkins would get thrown around the field against the likes of Saints and Leeds, as would Shaun A.

Sam Tomkins is 20 this year. If he isn't ready to play by now he never will be. Other clubs play players younger than this regularly and successfully.

If Noble does not think they are ready then why are they on our books at all? The Cas game won't be an easy game but which ones are?

I don't think Sam Tomkins will be Wigan's saviour but I do think we might play better with Smith at 7 and him at 6 with TL hooking with either Riddell or McIllorum. I'd like to see it tried by our esteemed coach because I don't think he knows what his best formation is.

He played him once last season and along with Ainscough let the games against weaker teams go by without giving them a run out. He looks to be doing it again and only including Ainscough in the 19 because of injuries.

This is not the way to develop these players or retain them at the club and is one of Noble's biggest failings IMO.

Dave
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9022No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Nov 10 04:056th Nov 10 23:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Wigan Warriors 2010:

Super League Champions
League Leaders
Under 20's Champions
Club of The Year
Floodlit 9's Winners
Pat Richards: Man Of Steel
Sam Tomkins: Young Player of the Year
Michael Maguire: Coach of the Year

Wire_91 wrote:
its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are

: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:28 pm  
DaveO wrote:
Sam Tomkins is 20 this year. If he isn't ready to play by now he never will be. Other clubs play players younger than this regularly and successfully.

If Noble does not think they are ready then why are they on our books at all? The Cas game won't be an easy game but which ones are?

I don't think Sam Tomkins will be Wigan's saviour but I do think we might play better with Smith at 7 and him at 6 with TL hooking with either Riddell or McIllorum. I'd like to see it tried by our esteemed coach because I don't think he knows what his best formation is.

He played him once last season and along with Ainscough let the games against weaker teams go by without giving them a run out. He looks to be doing it again and only including Ainscough in the 19 because of injuries.

This is not the way to develop these players or retain them at the club and is one of Noble's biggest failings IMO.

Dave

Just like he did with Joel - he prob would be out at the end of this year if we hadnt had the injurys last year. It seems like he is afraid to take the risk - you would have thought he would have learnt with Joel that it is worth the risk. I just dont understand :?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3928No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 11 18:3323rd Jul 11 18:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
3 World Club Challenges
19 League Titles
17 Challenge Cup wins
ONE CLUB
WIGAN RLFC

: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm  
DaveO wrote:

Dave

I really can’t see what Noble can offer us anymore. I really think he’s taken us as far as he can.

Say what you want about finishing third two seasons on a row I really don’t think we’ve progressed as much as some Noble lovers say we have.

We are 2 inconsistent during the season and play an error strewn brand of boring rugby which has zero plan b when one is needed. We aren’t the fittest team in the league and have a 2nd rate backroom staff imo.

Our juniors don’t seem to progress at the levels other teams youngsters do even tho our junior teams seem to be a cut above the rest of the leagues bar Saints and Leeds?

Noble has to take the blame for all these IMO and it’s time for us and Noble to move on to new things.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 09:4523rd Apr 24 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 pm  
thepriestman85 wrote:
I really can’t see what Noble can offer us anymore. I really think he’s taken us as far as he can.

Say what you want about finishing third two seasons on a row I really don’t think we’ve progressed as much as some Noble lovers say we have.

We are 2 inconsistent during the season and play an error strewn brand of boring rugby which has zero plan b when one is needed. We aren’t the fittest team in the league and have a 2nd rate backroom staff imo.

Our juniors don’t seem to progress at the levels other teams youngsters do even tho our junior teams seem to be a cut above the rest of the leagues bar Saints and Leeds?

Noble has to take the blame for all these IMO and it’s time for us and Noble to move on to new things.

Our U18's got beat in the Grand Final last year by Saints.
Our reserves beat Saints convincingly in the Grand Final last year.

Leeds U18's didn't even make the playoffs.
I think Leeds reserves went out in the first round to Huddersfield.

Wigan had seven ex. academy players in the 17 last Friday Saints had six.

I'm hoping there will be eight in Wigan 17 on Friday.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner582No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 12 18:1620th May 12 18:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 am  
kirkamania6 wrote:
Agree with that

I fear that if the likes of S. Tomkins and Ainscough don't get their chance sooner rather than later we could end up losing them which would be disastrous

I fully agree with this, after watching them last season; if we lose them, they surely will come back and run rings around us with the right club.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 12 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Dec 19 10:3122nd Aug 19 14:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:05 am  
From a cas fans point of view i hope noble sticks with the older so called trusted players cos to them its just another game against a lower club and thats were i feel you fall down.
The thoughts of a couple of very talented local youngsters who would see playing cas as a great challenge worries me more.
We may well get beaten tonight but the likes of westerman and owen will be out on the field proving age is no barrier if you have talent.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7735
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 22:2523rd Apr 24 10:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:42 am  
jus@casvegas wrote:
From a cas fans point of view i hope noble sticks with the older so called trusted players cos to them its just another game against a lower club and thats were i feel you fall down.
The thoughts of a couple of very talented local youngsters who would see playing cas as a great challenge worries me more.
We may well get beaten tonight but the likes of westerman and owen will be out on the field proving age is no barrier if you have talent.

I wonder what Goulding/McCollorum/Tomkins/O'Carroll & Ainscough will be thinking then?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 12 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Dec 19 10:3122nd Aug 19 14:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 am  
My point was the names you mentioned and others dont seem to get as much of a look in when everyone is fit.
It wasnt meant to be a dig saying we are better cos we have our own over paid past it imports
it was just an observation that your coach favours the tried and trusted approach.
PreviousNext